PDA

View Full Version : Interested Contacts Loose Interest!

first time guy
Nov 13, 2008, 8:00 AM
I keep getting replies or messages, I answer them all and nothing more after the second exchange. I know I am not the only one because I have read this complaint before. It seems like a waste of time to me now.

Realist
Nov 13, 2008, 9:12 AM
I guess some people get cold feet, or maybe you write something they don't care for. It does seem that they'd at least tell you how they feel, but that's a courtesy that you won't often get. At the initial point, almost everyone is anonymous, anyway, so why not say exactly how they feel?.

Don't give up, if you really want to experience something; there will be someone who will fit both your needs and theirs. And, when someone special comes along, you'll be glad you were patient.

BiJoe696
Nov 13, 2008, 9:29 AM
I have to agree , just keep looking around. Use this and other sites. This site seems more useful for information than any others on the subject, but for real time meetings, other sites may work better.

I met my wife thru a "Swing Mag" ad over 24 years ago. We have been together for almost 20 years, and married about 11 and I couldn't ask for a better match. The ease of sites with others with the same desires makes meeting so much easier. No Polaroids, or couple of weeks waiting for an answer. And SASE, anyone remember that term?

Keep looking !! Your profile states what you are looking for and has some pics. That should help. Others should send some pics to once chatted a bit. Try chat sites that have rooms in your area. Good luck !

_Joe_
Nov 13, 2008, 9:46 AM
I expected it after I told them I was a cannibal and preferred to wear the scales of the fish I caught barehanded in the Ocean ;(

csrakate
Nov 13, 2008, 9:54 AM
I have heard this complaint many times in the three years that I have been coming to this site. I have to agree that it seems that many answer ads and messages "in the heat of the moment" then get cold feet when the reality of actually meeting hits home. If there is one thing I could suggest, try coming to the chat room where you will be able to get to know others on a more personal level. Once they get to know you, albeit only "cyber" know you, you will find that exchanges come much easier after a certain level of trust has been reached. It isn't something that happens over night. Perhaps since you are seeking a first time experience, others may be put off by your urgency to have that experience and it may make them wary of venturing into a situation that is shrouded by the unknown. Give yourself a little more time....visit some other sites. In the meantime, keep making your presence known here by chatting or posting your thoughts and opinions in the forums. I am sure that you will someday pique the interest of someone who shares your unique perspective as well as your sexual desires.

Good luck to you!
Kate

DiamondDog
Nov 14, 2008, 6:49 PM
You're going to meet A LOT of flakes, game players, and people horrible at staying in communication/contact, or people who have a lot of trouble telling you what they really want both in person and especially online. :2cents:

Iowason
Nov 14, 2008, 8:51 PM
I think one of the problems with actually finding someone to hook up with is the fact that there are so many different levels of bi-ness. Some people only like to receive while others can't give enough. Also take into account whether or not a person wants oral only or anal or anything else that can be thought of. Not to mention the whole personality problem.(we have met a couple of real flakes) I know that we would like to get to know a person pretty well before a play session could happen. Some people would just assume not know your name or have you know theirs for anonymity reasons. We met one guy in person that only wanted to trade blowjobs... too bad for him, he broke it off the week before we finally had a clear enough schedule to play. There is another guy we have been chatting with off and on but he is very afraid someone he knows will find out about his secret side even though we have assured him more than once that we wouldn't want that to happen either. :bipride:

first time guy
Nov 17, 2008, 7:47 AM
I have never been rude,discourtious or even replied back in phrases,full sentences only I have refused cell phone numbers and asked them to email me direct. I dont want your number till we meet in daylight in a very public place. This is for our mutual security and peace of mind. I dont know what else I could do to remove peoples fears of me etc. I will send you an email with a picture of my face so if you see me from a distance and dont like what you see you can take off.

Sexual_soujourner
Nov 17, 2008, 10:13 AM
After reading the posts I agree that as diverse as people can be. Everyone has a reason they are here. In a lot of cases i think this is the ulitmate form of window shopping. No one has to commit. There is no emotional connection.
If you were meeting folks and they would excuse themself and leave, or plan a meet for a hook-up after a casual meet( ie: drinks or coffee) that would be different. and maybe you would need to examine other issues.
Otherwise, relax and enjoy the site, the right person as in all relationships will happen. Maybe you need to attempt other options like a gay bar with Bi nights.

pamandfredcpl
Nov 17, 2008, 10:26 AM
Well one of the nice things about meeting online first is that you can weed out those that you find unsuitable to you. Getting a rejection here is better than showing up at meeting place and being stood up (been there). We have gotten together with a few from here but as others have said, it easier to find people to meet when connecting within a group closer to home.

Just don't give up, besides half the fun is in the chase.

first time guy
Nov 19, 2008, 10:05 AM
Well I added some photos and now you can see what I look like. I hope I wont regrete it as nobody but those in this group no my bi interests.