PDA

View Full Version : getting started . . . safely

alegrias
Nov 10, 2008, 1:58 AM
So far, my husband and I have lived the straight life. We've started talking about branching out, maybe with another couple. But we're scared.

We're concerned about health issues, as well as relationship issues.

Any suggestions for us?

still_shy
Nov 10, 2008, 10:38 AM
The best advice I can give to you is keep the communication wide open! It's sooooo important to know exactly where you stand with each other individually and as a couple. Once you decide the type of person you are looking for, never ever compromise that. Just speaking from experience...:2cents:

FalconAngel
Nov 10, 2008, 12:41 PM
This has been covered in many similar threads.

Part of your answer is here:

http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6151

Make sure that you read the posts there as there is a huge amount of wisdom for those couples beginning to explore a sexual activity that they are new to.

Also, as far as staying safe, always play safe. We expect that when we play with someone, we play safe; condoms are in stock and used where appropriate.

curious44
Nov 10, 2008, 2:22 PM
It sounds to me like the Falcon Angel couple have this bi-sex/swinging thing figured out pretty good. I'd pay attention to their advise.
We were very active swingers late 70s/early 90s. We married in '65 at age 21 and I was my wife's only partner. I had a handful. We were in lust as much as any horny 21 yr. olds could be and were quite uninhibited, trying all sorts of things. Around '78 we decided to give swinging a try. The first party was a disaster and my wife came home in tears. The second party we met some cool couples and it took off from there. We are still good friends with some of those couples today. We all rode Harleys and went on weekend trips (2 wheeled orgies, we called them) and camping trips to nudist resorts (more orgies). We met a lot of fun people and don't regret a minute of it. We were 5/10 yrs younger than most of the others and age and health issues slowed down the partying until it stopped altogether. There was very little mm sex, but I diverted from the group for that whenever the opportunity arose. The ladies were very different. Almost all of them were bi and I think some of the women were in to each other more than men. Us men sometimes just would sit and watch this erotic tangle of female flesh and listen to the passionate moans that came out of the pile.
Will this work for you? Our first piece of advise to anyone contemplating any kind of extra curricular sex is you MUST have the utmost confidence in your relationship/marriage. If there is any doubt or jealousy what so ever it's just not going to work. Both of us never put any restrictions on either of us. We would go to a party or nudist resort and do as we please. Sometimes we didn't see each other for hours. We never had any feelings of jealousy toward each other. It was a tremendous turn on for me to know that so many people found my wife desirable. We would get back to the camper or room in the wee hours and I wanted her to tell me in detail of her activities while I ate other men's cum from her wonderful pussy. And most times we finished off with the best fuck of the evening-each other.
It's not just sex though that makes a relationship work. We are soul mates. We enjoy many of the same things and doing things together. We like the same food, the same restaurants, the same music, travelling to the same type of places, even the same setting on the thermostat. We share the same political and religious beliefs and run our business together. These are all things that make a relationship strong.
We saw swingers who were always worried about where their partner was, who they were with, were they having better sex with somebody else, even worry about their partner maybe leaving them for someone else. We saw some couples that actually did break up. THESE COUPLES HAD NO BUSINESS GETTING INTO SWINGING. Although it can be argued that something else might have broken them up if they were so insecure in their relationship.
So, once again, be sure your relationship and your love for each other is strong enough to overcome the natural human reactions of doubt, fear and jealousy.