PDA

View Full Version : The "Unhappy"

Toad82
Nov 5, 2008, 12:59 AM
At 8pm Oregon time I was in my car going to get a pop from the store down the street when they called the election for Sen. Obama. When I went inside a man followed me in going off that Obama needed to be killed. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this already? As I talked to the clerk he said people had been saying that since he started his shift. The man even got pissed off at us for not agreeing with him and tore out of the parking lot.

Has anyone else dealt with or seen this yet?

RJ:lokai:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 5, 2008, 1:24 AM
Even though I dont like politics, I'd hate to see anyone killed because of someones over-zealous beliefs. And I'd hate to see anyone hurt For Not following someone else's beliefs...There be some Nutz out there ya'll. Please be careful....
Not taking sides..
Your Cat
Cat.

Bluebiyou
Nov 5, 2008, 2:13 AM
Geez,
The secret service will have it's job cut out for them.
Yeah, I can't see this setting well with white supremacist groups/individuals, but I see just as likely a threat by black radical/supremacist groups/individuals. After all, who killed Malcolm X? Nation of Islam.
Lord, if you believe in prayers, now's the time to start praying for his protection. He's got a very tough road ahead.

parkerbi
Nov 5, 2008, 3:12 AM
Politic is politic. It's nothing else. not nation, gender or age related. We just care if he can lead us go against the economic crisis.

btw, i don't care who the President is.

Realist
Nov 5, 2008, 7:22 AM
First of all, I can't imagine anyone wanting to be president....what an awful job!

We have millions of good, hard-working, decent people in this country, but there are also millions of lazy, do-nothings who are looking for a free ride. There are threats from outside and within. The country's finances are in a shambles. And, I might add, it's taken more than one, or two presidents, congress and senate members to get us there. (Remember, the president can do little without the support of the congress and senate)

I have no qualms about what a huge job it is to govern the USA. God bless him and I hope he can achieve something good with the mess he's been handed.

And, yes, I've heard people saying terrible things about Obama without giving him a chance. I've heard the same kinds of things said about McCain, too. Most of the negative things I've heard came from rumors and conjecture, spouted with little or no proof. Most of it has been stupid comments designed to spread descent and distrust for either candidate.

As I've said before, history will be the final judge of his abilities and achievements. Personally, I plan to support him and give him the benefit of a doubt.

HighEnergy
Nov 5, 2008, 8:18 AM
Yes, I've heard it over and over again. I expect it from older folks, but it surprises me when 30 somethings say it and that's who I've heard it from.

As I listened to his acceptance speech, I sat in terror that someone would shoot him. I think they'll have to keep him in a Pope mobile, which is a crying shame.

On another note, if McSame had campaigned with the same class as he showed in his speech last night, he might have won.

still_shy
Nov 5, 2008, 8:22 AM
I live in Southern Indiana, aka hillbilly central, and I've been hearing this stuff since the very beginning. Scares the hell out of me, I think with Obama we finally have a chance to see something different happen in our country. It's a scary world out there!

darkeyes
Nov 5, 2008, 10:37 AM
Me has no doubt that sumwer as me types this... ther r a few arseholes closetted away discussin how 2 pop 'im off soonest... mos will b hot air but not all..

nc_wsbi101
Nov 5, 2008, 11:55 AM
I am a "stay at home type" the majority of the time, except when I have to go shopping for necessities. Oh my, I haven't heard anything like this directly, as in your situation. It must be a terrible feeling to carry around this kind of hatred.

I just saw a bit ago in the local news that our state, NC, is still too close to call. Maybe I'm living in a dream world???? I will have to ask hubby if he has heard things such as this at his workplace. He did say a couple of weeks ago that they don't discuss politics there.

dorie

cabooseme2
Nov 5, 2008, 12:07 PM
Well I do believe we are in a long road to recovery but I must say Obama is the best choice for us. I just wonder how theses die hard republicans can think to kill him after all they wanted to impeach Clinton for a BJ. And they should have looked at bush he put us in this hole were in although it may have been brewing since the Regan era and Clinton admin did not help us with NAFTA but that will be corrected and recover we will. But the republicans believe their party should be the only one, As I know from my next door neighbor it is time for them to grow up and look into the their long tunnel for the new light at the end.

12voltman59
Nov 5, 2008, 12:27 PM
I have heard, over the course of recent months--some of this sort of talk--it does not surprise me at all

The only thing I will say to those who might want to kill Barack----thanks to the USA PATRIOT ACT---they had better hope that Barack and the Dems do gut the thing for the most part--because as it now stands--I would bet that some smart lawyer could interpret parts of the act to find that anyone who threatens the president is a "terrorist and an enemy combatant."

With that---they get their hands cuffed behind their backs---a bag on their head--and put on an unnumbered jet flying around the world for a few days--taken to some back water country that doesn't have much use for treating prisoners all to well---and they get to find out what sort of treatment that "the ragheads" have had to endure--that would sorta be some form of sweet justice!!!! :bigrin::bigrin::bigrin:

(OF COURSE: I am not serious---merely engaging in a fantasy of sorts and it would be sorta and ironic thing that people who think it fine to imprison and torture those who are "our enemies" --many we have now found were innocent men---- would possibly face the same sort of treatment they don't have any problem with when it comes to "others"--I would hope that I would not have to point out that I am being facetious in this post--but alas---some people just don't seem to have a sense of humor or a sense of irony!!!)

_Joe_
Nov 5, 2008, 4:44 PM
One group has already been caught planning an assissination.

And you know there's going to be attempts, and the person who does it will never have his name forgotten as being the one who killed the first black president. He'l be as infamous as Booth and Oswald. John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvy Oswold. See. Hell we all know their full names....

hudson9
Nov 5, 2008, 5:00 PM
There will always be extremists, and the extremists (at either end of the spectrum) always get more extreme when the center shifts. Yes, it's scary, and I too had that awful thought in my head watching Barak's speech.

But I think we have a chance to truly change the nature of debate in this country. There were times in the campaign when I wished the Obama campaign would strike back, hard. But Barak kept to the high road, debating hard but refraining from personal attacks and dirty tricks. I think the American people responded to that. And his acceptance speech was dignified, not triumphalist, reaching out to those "who's support I still have to earn."

Even McCain rose to the occasion in his concession speech, showing the character and dignity that the Rovians in his campaign seem to feel have no value. In his speech, McCain really did put country first, and I think anyone who is NOT an extremist will respond to that.

I always love my country. Sometimes I am proud of it. Today I am very proud, and very hopeful, for all of us.

Bluebiyou
Nov 5, 2008, 5:51 PM
... Oh my, I haven't heard anything like this directly, as in your situation. It must be a terrible feeling to carry around this kind of hatred. ...

I will have to ask hubby if he has heard things such as this at his workplace.

1. Yeah, a terrible feeling to carry around that kind of hatred. No one is exempt from self loathing. Many men learn to deal with the feelings by... hating others; which seems to sooth the feelings at first, but of course end up only making them worse. Extreme cases end up not being able to look at their selves at all (usually aquireing an alcohol addiction) and spend most of their time becoming quite skillful in attacking/degrading others. Like our troll when he's off his meds.

2. Yes. This has been a tongue-in-cheek election of voting for vice presidents. Obama faces the strong likelihood of assassination, thus Biden becoming pres. Palin would have only been "a heartbeat away" from presidency (expecting McCain to die soon).

3. While there is a large 'white' faction of people who simply cannot stomach a 'black' president (even though he's half white, half black), I suspect it will be a black who will become quickly even more enraged, calling Obama an 'Uncle Tom' (black traitor) when Obama executes some business-as-usual politics with... well, just about any institution that an obsessive 'black' could label 'white'.

The truth is... any effectual change Obama might spur will be 99% slow and institutional. Meaning, he will have to accept, indeed mostly cowtow to business as usual; with spearheading a few (minority interest) efforts. There IS an opportunity for revolutionary advances (independent of race/religion). There will be efforts to assassinate, counter, stop, impeach, entrap, sidetrack, and reverse 'progressive' efforts of Obama, indeed, the man himself.
His success to 'change' is not only dependent on people cooperating with him, but corporations and the economy. A lot of skill and luck involved.

Perhaps the best thing that could happen to Obama's success... no, I don't want to even say it. My morality blocks me from printing it.

Bluebiyou
Nov 5, 2008, 6:14 PM
Perhaps the best thing that could happen to Obama's success... no, I don't want to even say it. My morality blocks me from printing it.

I thought about it a long time and realize it lies within positive morality.

If someone who hates Obama wishes to make him greater and more powerful than in their worst dreams.... they would kill or wound his wife or children.
Upon harm to one of the innocents, unconditional and supreme condolence and connection will occur with the vast majority of Americans... indeed the world itself. Nothing will enrage the common man all the way to racist bastards... as the harming of innocents. These innocents are in danger because of their association; but because they are innocents... if they are harmed... the instant they are harmed... all people will instantly rally to/with Obama.

vittoria
Nov 5, 2008, 7:53 PM
My name is NOT Barack Obama.

But I'm not the "waterboy" for him or anything else.

So I would appreciate NOT receiving the dirtiest looks from Anglo-Americans because he won.

Because I tell you... I CERTAINLY get them as if I personally did it.

12voltman59
Nov 5, 2008, 8:04 PM

So I would appreciate NOT receiving the dirtiest looks from Anglo-Americans because he won.

Tell those Geico Cavemen they can look at me funny--I am a middle aged white guy and I voted for Obama and am damn proud I did!!!!!

darkeyes
Nov 5, 2008, 8:12 PM

Remember remember the 5th of November

Obama elected... Johnny boy not

I look at you V

Much better than they

If I look at you dirty

Its because I am gay...

Kissie V... :bigrin:

Bluebiyou
Nov 6, 2008, 5:47 PM

What would be more interesting is a stoutly pro McCain, anti Obama person of color.
The fastest ways of dispelling racism... or prejudice of any kind is association with the commonly perceived 'enemy'.
Imagine seeing lots of black and/or gay people:
with McCain/Palin bumper stickers
or blacks/gays/Jews:
with confederate flags
with swastikas
...ah, the power of an image... and dissolution of prejudice.

12voltman59
Nov 6, 2008, 6:49 PM
I am a "stay at home type" the majority of the time, except when I have to go shopping for necessities. Oh my, I haven't heard anything like this directly, as in your situation. It must be a terrible feeling to carry around this kind of hatred.

I just saw a bit ago in the local news that our state, NC, is still too close to call. Maybe I'm living in a dream world???? I will have to ask hubby if he has heard things such as this at his workplace. He did say a couple of weeks ago that they don't discuss politics there.

dorie

This afternoon---North Carolina went for Obama--he was finished with something like just shy of 14,000 votes more than McCain--that is something!!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/06/obama-wins-north-carolina_n_141803.html

Bluebiyou
Nov 7, 2008, 7:06 PM
McCain lost the national election?!?!?!?!?
That's simply not possible!!!!!!
C'mon.... there's only so many airhead liberals... and leftover anti-this anti-that teenage hippies...
I demand a recount!!!!
And if McCain fails again... another recount...
Then close inspection of paper chafe...
Then wild accusations about minority people voting multiple times...
Then assertions about the ballot being confusing...
Keep recounting until we get a McCain win!
Then, for years to come we can publicly scorn the Democrats of cheating their way to the false years of a Democrat president!
Those criminal Democrats! Just like their commit-manslaughter/murder-but-get-away-free-due-to-political-connections - Ted Kennedy - leader (makes Nixon look like an errant school boy).
By the way, what would happen to any normal person today if he got stinking drunk and killed a girl in a vehicular accident - that was unquestionably his fault?...
... and let me go out and buy guns while I still can... totalitarian government loves a defenseless population.

Bluebiyou
Nov 7, 2008, 7:14 PM
:)
Perspective.
Politics is, and always will be dirty.
No good guys, mostly bad guys.
:)
But sometimes... good things happen.
Let us hope.

still_shy
Nov 7, 2008, 7:17 PM
OK so here's an update for ya---in a little town in Southern Indiana there's a chiropractor who put on his OUTSIDE SIGN "congratulations, N$%^^%#!" I absolutely cannot believe that someone would do something so bold in a business setting. This is a conservative Amish town and people are pissed. it's about 15 minutes away from me. What a moron!

gfofbiguy
Nov 7, 2008, 7:34 PM
:eek: I hope he loses a LOT of business because of that - there is no need for that, even if you don't like/didn't vote for Obama. That makes me sick

Bluebiyou
Nov 7, 2008, 7:54 PM
Why is it every time I put up an interesting or challenging post, someone else puts up a distracting post shortly after?!?
I put up a great post! Involving deeper workings of prejudice... then minutes later 12V puts up a lame distractor about the vote in NC... two days after the election.

I figure out a great and challenging response to 12V (and most people in general)... a challenge to a common cowardly retreat of some dyed-in-the-wool Democrats for the past 8 years
and someone posts about a prejudicial sign at a chiropractor's in Indiana.
Sigh...
Hey! My neighbor just got atheletes foot!

Bluebiyou
Nov 7, 2008, 8:04 PM
Athelete's foot! That's terrible! Invasion of fungus can have adverse long term effects on a body!

Bluebiyou
Nov 7, 2008, 8:06 PM
Well,
If he's an athelete, he probably DESERVES athelete's foot... trompin' all over the place, disturbing respectful folks!

still_shy
Nov 7, 2008, 8:12 PM
Well,
If he's an athelete, he probably DESERVES athelete's foot... trompin' all over the place, disturbing respectful folks!

LOL Sorry blue, guess we were posting at the same time! Didn't mean to distract from your rantings :P j/k

Bluebiyou
Nov 8, 2008, 5:18 AM
LOL Sorry blue, guess we were posting at the same time! Didn't mean to distract from your rantings :P j/k

;)
That's cool... it's just I actually had two good posts... in the same calendar year!
Ah, 2008, a very good year.

DiamondDog
Nov 8, 2008, 5:19 PM
McCain lost the national election?!?!?!?!?
That's simply not possible!!!!!!
C'mon.... there's only so many airhead liberals... and leftover anti-this anti-that teenage hippies...
I demand a recount!!!!
And if McCain fails again... another recount...
Then close inspection of paper chafe...
Then wild accusations about minority people voting multiple times...
Then assertions about the ballot being confusing...
Keep recounting until we get a McCain win!
Then, for years to come we can publicly scorn the Democrats of cheating their way to the false years of a Democrat president!
Those criminal Democrats! Just like their commit-manslaughter/murder-but-get-away-free-due-to-political-connections - Ted Kennedy - leader (makes Nixon look like an errant school boy).
By the way, what would happen to any normal person today if he got stinking drunk and killed a girl in a vehicular accident - that was unquestionably his fault?...
... and let me go out and buy guns while I still can... totalitarian government loves a defenseless population.

ok. Do you own any guns?

Toad-You will be hearing a lot of that, just ignore it or say something if you want to.

Bluebiyou
Nov 21, 2008, 10:48 AM
News Flash!
Obama is the antichrist!
I just heard it from some normal conservative, Christian, God-fearin', gun totin' McCain supporters.
It's official.
We're just tying up the details/proofs.
Obama's also goin' to confiscate personal property of the masses, starting with their 401k and distribute it to minorities!
--------------------------------------------------------
Right?!? There is no political 'right'. Level headed men like McCain, Bush, Rush Limbaugh, Pat Robertson, William Buckley Jr. (God rest his soul) are just straight talkin', centered, level headed Americans; unlike those wacky liberal left wingers Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson, Ted Kennedy, Michael Moore... looney toons that escaped the bin!

Bluebiyou
Nov 21, 2008, 10:55 AM
Seriously, just yesterday I overheard two coworkers - seriously with straight faces - discussing the 'antichrist' and property confiscation things. I think the secret service should never allow public appearances of Obama for his entire term. There's just too many people too crazy...

Bluebiyou
Nov 21, 2008, 11:06 AM
Although even less apparently happy...
The Arabic peoples.
Weren't the Arabic peoples as well as terrorist organizations nearly unified in a pro Obama stance before the election? And now official Al-Quaeda release is almost exclusively a defamation of Obama?

Terrorist Organizations: Obama for president of usa!!!
Obama wins.
Terrorist Organizations: Obama's a piece of shit!!!!! (Before Obama has even taken office and executed a single issue under presidential power).

...and the beat goes on... and the beat goes on...

wikskul
Nov 24, 2008, 1:56 PM
I am in canada and it isnt so much as threats and he should die as it is everyone wondering how long it will be before someone actually tries to kill the man. i dont know if he is the better man or not lol but he made history and seems willing and wanting to help america.. so i guess to the extremists... it wouldnt matter if he did put the economy back up and say he saved the country of everything.. debt.. crisis.. war.. all of it... they would still have a bullseye on him cause of the color of his skin.. and that is sad to me. i hope n pray that he does a great job for america.. and stays alive long enough to be able to do it.

My :2cents:

the sacred night
Nov 24, 2008, 8:09 PM
At my university, an effigy of Obama was found hanging by a noose in a tree. The people who did it were arrested and we have had a looooot of forums to talk about how to end these types of incidents on our campus. Some racially charged incident happens about once a semester, and usually there are forums and nothing changes, but this one got a bigger response than most.

proseros
Nov 25, 2008, 12:45 AM
You know what so interesting?

Before Obama was elected you would think that EVERYONE would silently have wanted to get thier hands on our current, for just five minutes for 17 years of bullshit [YES, 17 years, if you count his daddy].

But interestingly enough that doesn't happen to be a RACE issue.

Its an issue about content of character. Politics.

Isn't that interesting? I'll mess around and get a damned Nobel Peace Prize just for pointing this out. And while we're on the subject of Obama let me get this off my chest...

Right now I'm going to get into the psychology of this thing we call RACE. I've been criticized for saying this over and over and over again but noone has explained to me why GWB Sr. then Jr. was allowed by the "American" People to do what they have done to this contry in the first place-

Yes, the "American" people, who elected two-BOGUS-Gulf Wars; who question nothing about the mounting discrepancies surrounding Oklahoma, 9/11, 3/11, the Patriot Act, Real ID, Rockerfeller Drug Laws (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_drug_laws),experimental weapons (http://www.rense.com/general40/secret.htm) on Iraqi civilians, BlackWater (http://www.alternet.org/katrina/25320/),chemtrail spraying (http://imageevent.com/firesat/strangedaysstrangeskies), and any number of "conspiracies", "rumors" and any number of assorted-ahem- "ethnic complaints" that now include-

The price of gas;mortgages;home-ownership; 401ks, IRAs and pension plans and retirement benefits, and stocks and bonds and Gold and Silver and all the nice wonderful things that keep "Americans" happy and don't turn out to be in such good shape after 17 years of the "Bushes" that "Americans" have depended on to keep them happy and wealthy and powerful and in control and safe and secure...

And now that's it's all f***d up and everyone is UNHAPPY with THIER DECISIONS[they being 'voters', being "Americans"], people want to change thier point of view cosmetically-not politically-to suit thier expectations. And as long as you're unhappy, well you know what they say- misery loves company. And there sure is a whole lotta unhappy folks in this U S of A right about now.

The election of Barack Obama is the single most racist event in the history of the United States. It's a racist event because whatever "change" is expected as a result of his election is a day late and a dollar short and it could've happened four years ago, it could've happened eight years ago, and it didn't.

Why? Because all of the faces were the same. So there were REAL politics involved, and political decisions kept those sorry bastards in the White House.
But the election of Barack Obama is a cosmetic decision, a function of the racist psychology of America, the only thing that matters right now being renovation of the country's economic infrastructure. The people who got us here can walk away with no accountability while left in thier place to meet everyone's expectations-is a "black face". And America is okay with that.

This was not a presidential election because it had no promises to rally behind. The only thing this election did have to rally behind was its historic significance-nothing else.

Do I think Barack Obama will do well as President of the United States?
He'll fair no better or worse than any other President expected to serve as Commander in Chief of these United States. It won't matter to the rest of the world what color he is, more than it will to "Americans". At the end of the day what will matter is THE POLITICS of the administration. That is where the change to come is-not in the face attached to the politics.

"Unhappy." Please gimme a break. The easiest way to fix your own fuck-ups is to hand them off to someone you don't mind bearing the consequences.

12voltman59
Nov 25, 2008, 3:07 AM
When I was riding out in the countryside to take my latest set of pictures on Sunday--I passed this one homestead on the route I took to get down there----they still had a number of McCain/Palin signs---he had the American flag flying upside down---a big banner done in all red capital letters: "FIGHT SOCIALISM" and another one--that read "God Have Mercy on us for electing the baby killer!"

As far as crazy, bullshit coming from the right since Obama's election victory---in those days following the election--the stock market had done one of its major up and down swings it seems to like to do now---on Rush Limbaugh's web site----he had a headline in big letters: "The Obama Recession."

Well on Friday and Monday--we had a very nice upwards rally instead of down--largely the talking heads say because the stock market traders have gotten some confidence they have taken the market back up again---I wonder if Rush has a headline on his site that now says: "The Obama Recovery!!"???

Yeah--right!!!!

I think not----there is about as much chance of that as a snowball has in the deepest, hottest part of Hades that Rush would attribute anything good at all to Obama.

I would bet that, if over the course of the next four years---the Obama administration does get us back on economic track and this current economic problem is nothing but a distant memory---things are going well then to such a point that everyone is a good state of mind---he and his ilk will still be doing the same thing they always do--BITCH, PISS AND MOAN---not having offered on iota of anything at all positive--because he and the rest of his kind will urge their followers to be as obstructionist as possible to the "Socialist."