PDA

View Full Version : I need your help!!

rissababynta
Nov 4, 2008, 12:21 PM
Myspace karaoke is having a Taylor Swift contest and the grand prize is to be able to meet her. My husband really likes Taylor Swift so I would really like to win cause I know it would make him happy. I already recorded the song, but in order for it to be eligible for submission into the contest it needs to have atleast 100 plays.

Soooo....

I need you guys to click on the link and press play for the song Love Story. I don't care if you think I sound like crap (which I probably do because I can't sing Taylor Swift songs very well...but oh well...), I don't care if you don't even want to listen to the song, as long as you let the song play. You could press play, go take a piss, make some lunch (wash your hands tee hee) and come back to the computer and it would still be one more play than I had before! hooray! so please please PLEASE help me out here guys! I really appreciate your help :-) Also, I don't think you have to be a member of myspace to be able to listen to the music. If you wanted to rate it or something like that, I think it's different, but to just play it I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.

http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/myWebpage.do

enjoy

FYI...bigirl has informed me that myspace will make you log in so...it may not work for you if you do't have it afterall...

bigirl_inwv
Nov 4, 2008, 12:24 PM
Rissa, I tried..(and it does make you log into myspace) But it keeps taking me to my own personal page and not yours.

rissababynta
Nov 4, 2008, 12:31 PM
hmm...that's weird and sucky. you guys could try this link instead.

http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/showSongProfile.do?rid=657936&sid=27818&uid=4572869

hopefully by going to the direct link it will count as play :-)

thanks for trying to help me out bigirl!

csrakate
Nov 4, 2008, 12:37 PM
Rissa,

I am having trouble finding your clip....I logged on to myspace and was taken to the karaoke page but nothing is happening.....ohhh wait!!!!! hehe Ohhhhhh NEVERMIND!...LOL!!! I just figured it out! But since my cable modem is down, I am presently on dial up so it's going to take a while for it to enable me to listen....I'll try again when my cable has been restored this afternoon!

Ohhhh this modern day technology continues to confound me!! (mutters something under her breath about being a old dog trying to learn new tricks!!!)

Hugs,
Kate

rissababynta
Nov 4, 2008, 12:50 PM
Rissa,

I am having trouble finding your clip....I logged on to myspace and was taken to the karaoke page but nothing is happening.....ohhh wait!!!!! hehe Ohhhhhh NEVERMIND!...LOL!!! I just figured it out! But since my cable modem is down, I am presently on dial up so it's going to take a while for it to enable me to listen....I'll try again when my cable has been restored this afternoon!

Ohhhh this modern day technology continues to confound me!! (mutters something under her breath about being a old dog trying to learn new tricks!!!)

Hugs,
Kate

LOL i know what you mean...i thought technology was supposed to make our lives better...sometimes it is more confusing and stressful than anything.

still_shy
Nov 4, 2008, 12:52 PM
I got it, the second link takes you directly there....I think you did a fantastic job Rissa! You have a beautiful voice :)

rissababynta
Nov 4, 2008, 1:04 PM
Thanks...I tried...her songs don't normally work well with my voice.

gfofbiguy
Nov 4, 2008, 1:24 PM
I did it...you have a great voice! Good luck!!!:bigrin:

FalconAngel
Nov 4, 2008, 3:26 PM
That's you? Nice voice. Some breathing control training and you could be big.

rissababynta
Nov 4, 2008, 4:03 PM
That's you? Nice voice. Some breathing control training and you could be big.

yeah...i just got over being sick yesterday so i knew that the breathing was going to be off. i've actually been classically trained since i was five so i know all of the breathing control techniques but they don't mean diddly when you are not well lol.

FalconAngel
Nov 4, 2008, 7:51 PM
yeah...i just got over being sick yesterday so i knew that the breathing was going to be off. i've actually been classically trained since i was five so i know all of the breathing control techniques but they don't mean diddly when you are not well lol.

Well, that explains a lot, then. Have you tried finding someone to promote you, write music for you and all? If not, you should.

rissababynta
Nov 4, 2008, 8:57 PM
Well, that explains a lot, then. Have you tried finding someone to promote you, write music for you and all? If not, you should.

i looked into it when i was younger...was always my dream...but since having kids and moving around a lot with the hubby in the military...i've just kind of given up.

bimichman
Nov 4, 2008, 9:32 PM
i think u did great. good luck.

rissababynta
Nov 5, 2008, 12:43 AM
i think u did great. good luck.

Thanks you, i appreciate your help.

rissababynta
Nov 5, 2008, 6:11 PM
just so you all know, i now have 62 plays. Thanks for helping me out guys.