PDA

View Full Version : std from oral

bohunk21
Oct 26, 2008, 10:42 PM
Is there much of a risk getting a std from blowing a guy. I am thinking about meeting a married guy. Anyopinions. Thanks

FalconAngel
Oct 26, 2008, 10:58 PM
There was a similar thread on that subject a few months ago. I think it was HIV and oral or something like that.

mrtz1014
Oct 27, 2008, 1:08 AM
its probably easy to catch a std from giving head, hiv i hear is hard cause the virus can't survive for long in the mouth . In rare instances where hiv is caught through oral sex is when ejaculation occurs in the mouth. But you still gotta b careful cause it isn't completely proven that hiv isn't in precum. Do your homework . And monogamy is always a healthy choice too:)

csrakate
Oct 27, 2008, 10:04 AM
The standard answer in this day and time is to always be careful....but in case you need an answer, here is a link from the Center for Disease Control about this issue:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa19.htm

_Joe_
Oct 30, 2008, 8:08 PM
Another reply missing...

Google "STD FROM ORAL SEX" and you'll get some links to some good medical pages that pretty much say yes, there is some risk even with precum, moreso if you take in sperm.

Some pages I wouldn't trust so poke around.

But then again bottom line is, you are taking in bodily fluids which bacteria, viruses, etc can live in.

onewhocares
Oct 30, 2008, 11:20 PM
What a timely post. Just today I was at my doctor and asked a question. Yesterday a friend sent me a link to an article (and I subsequently found so many more) which spoke of the link of HPV and the increase in oral cancer. In the past the more traditional candidate for oral cancer was a male in his late fifites and early sixties who had an abbundance of tobacco and alcohol in his system. Now it seems that there is an growing increase in the 45-56 year olds who have tested or whose partners have tested positive for certain strains of HPV. Long gone are the days of traditional oral sex without a condom or a dam it seems. My doctor responded saying that this is on the increase but that studies are just begining to display their finding and not to panic. Your thoughts?

Belle

Randypan
Oct 30, 2008, 11:33 PM
I was an Air Force medic when I was young. While I was working in the emergency room, one of my fellow medics was thrown out of the Air Force for getting gonorrehea of the tonsils. Be carefull.

_Joe_
Oct 30, 2008, 11:48 PM
Doctors said Eggs are bad. Then said Eggs are fine.

Not many decades ago Doctors said Smoking was good. Today of course they tell you to quit.

Doctors said fiber is great. Now there's Soluable and Non soluable Fibers.

First you were crazy. Then you were Bipolar. Now you're Bipolar II or I.

The standard procedure on CPR keeps changing.

It's hard to take anything doctors say serious honestly, they keep discovering something new and more certain, or they are unsure to start with.

How can sucking a cock be bad compared to how much food and utensils we shove into our mouth. Seriously :/

DiamondDog
Oct 31, 2008, 1:59 AM
HIV is supposedly hard to get HIV via giving oral sex but all it takes is one small open cut, sore, ulcer/burn, or broken skin and HIV is present in both precum and semen.

Your risk does indeed go up if you take semen in your mouth and if you swallow.

Also if you're into facials don't let his semen get into your eyes as people have become HIV+ this way.

Granted the risk isn't as high as sharing a rig/needle with someone that's HIV+ or from receptive anal sex with someone who is HIV+ but it's still there.

You can easily get common STDs like herpes, HPV, syphilis, NGU, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and Hepatitis A and B from giving oral sex. You probably won't get Hepatitis C but you'd have to have blood/blood contact for that to happen.

As long as you have a healthy penis (no sores/leisons/cuts) you won't get HIV from getting oral sex and you can't get HIV from piss or watersports.

Be careful, some people do lie about their HIV status or they're HIV+ and don't know it.

csrakate
Oct 31, 2008, 2:07 AM

Not many decades ago Doctors said Smoking was good. Today of course they tell you to quit.

It's hard to take anything doctors say serious honestly, they keep discovering something new and more certain, or they are unsure to start with.

How can sucking a cock be bad compared to how much food and utensils we shove into our mouth. Seriously :/

Joe,
People need to remember is that medicine is not an exact science. Yes new things get discovered and a diagnosis and it's treatment may change, but getting to that discovery can take years and years of research and many times things are only discovered by chance. Don't forget that when AIDS came on the scene, no one had ever heard of such a disease. As time has gone on, more and more has been learned but if there is one thing that needs to remain constant is the need to practice safe sex. Open sores and even minuscule cuts in the mouth can put you at risk for disease. Why take chances? And I don't know where you keep your silverware, but I have to believe it's much safer in your mouth than the penis of an infected person.

DiamondDog
Oct 31, 2008, 2:10 AM
Joe,
People need to remember is that medicine is not an exact science. Yes new things get discovered and a diagnosis and it's treatment may change, but getting to that discovery can take years and years of research and many times are only discovered by chance. Don't forget that when AIDS came on the scene, no one had ever heard of such a disease. As time has gone on, more and more has been learned but if there is one thing that needs to remain constant is the need to practice safe sex. Open sores and even minuscule cuts in the mouth can put you at risk for disease. Why take chances?

Very well said Kate. I know we have disagreed a bit recently but I do agree with you on this. :)

FerSureMaybe
Oct 31, 2008, 2:22 AM
Any unprotected sexual encounter has risks. If the guy is wearing a condom, it's very unlikely. (Mint flavor = yum)

If you spit, the risk of HIV is low, but still present.

darkeyes
Oct 31, 2008, 7:21 AM
Any unprotected sexual encounter has risks. If the guy is wearing a condom, it's very unlikely. (Mint flavor = yum)

On 'is tongue Fer??? Wiv the lil bag bobblin bout on the end?? Ooooo gross...

tee hee:tong:

pasht
Oct 31, 2008, 8:22 AM
hi all,

I'm usually a silent reader, don't post much here (bit shy), and english is not my mother language...

but I wanted to add something here that many people forget: not only from GIVING unprotected oral sex you are at risk for STD's but also from RECEIVING.

I organise take-back-the-nights in belgium, and I'm usually the "safer-sex-witch" so I had to do some reading...

recently I heard that there also is a problem with the very early stage of HIV-infection: at that stage, it's so much more easy to get infected/ infect someone because of the huge viral load. can't find more information about that though...

good luck everyone, enjoy safer sex!

mike9753
Oct 31, 2008, 3:14 PM
There is SO MUCH TO LOSE by taking a chance. I marvel at the risks folks will take with their health and their lives all because they are horney and want to give or get a blow job.

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. People still smoke despite the direct link between smoking and cancer.

Mike

_Joe_
Oct 31, 2008, 3:56 PM
Oh I'm not saying to ignore doctors, I would never go to that extreme, I'm just saying very loosely it's tough at times to listen to them and believe them 100% when things keep changing.

Sorry it came out first as such an extreme, wasn't my purpose.

Sexual_soujourner
Oct 31, 2008, 4:01 PM
Some basic tips:

Get a good gay doctor, or find out where there's a good walk-in clinic. A straight doctor or one who doesn't know about your sex life may not know to test for certain things, like your mouth or butt for infections. Find someone you can talk frankly with, and who understands the particular health issues of men who have sex with other men. Most larger North-American cities have anonymous walk-in sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinics.
It is important to get STDs cleared up quickly, as some of them (like syphilis and chlamydia) can cause more serious complications if left untreated, others (like warts) will spread and be more difficult to get rid of.
Be nice: if you know you've got an STD, be careful not to spread it around. And if you detect that your partner may have an STD, tell him. And share any info you may have about how to get it treated. It can be awkward to bring up, but he'll be grateful.
Use common sense: be observant when you're having sex. Check for bumps or sores on your partner's dick, ass and mouth. If you notice a lump on a guy's dick, look closely: it could be a syphilis chancre or a wart, and you don't want it in your mouth or up your ass.

Sucking cock (Giving head, giving a blow job, performing fellatio):

Risks:

Generally, sucking is considered low-risk for transmitting HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Your risk increases if you have cuts or sores in your mouth, or if the guy comes in your mouth.
There is some risk of contracting genital warts, herpes, syphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhea (see descriptions below).

How to make it safer:

If you don't let the guy come in your mouth, you significantly reduce the risk of contracting HIV, gonorrhea or chlamydia.
If you have a cut or sore in your mouth, you should avoid sucking until it's healed.
Avoid brushing your teeth a couple of hours before or after blowing someone. Brushing can cause tiny tears, which can allow HIV to enter your bloodstream. You may also want to avoid sucking after a visit to the dentist.
If you're really worried about sucking, you can always put a condom on the guy's dick.
If someone gives you head, try to piss and wash your cock right afterwards, since it might prevent a urethral (pisshole) infection, like gonorrhea or chlamydia.

Fucking (shagging, anal sex, Greek):

Risks:

If you fuck without a condom, you may catch all kinds of diseases, including syphilis, HIV, warts, Hepatitis B, chlamydia and gonorrhea (see descriptions below). Fucking without a condom is also the easiest way to catch the AIDS virus (called HIV), since anal sex may cause some tears in the bottom guy's anus, thus allowing any bug to spread through blood. Bottoms can be more exposed to catching some of these diseases, since tiny lesions are quite common when you're fucked, and even though you can't feel them, they are big enough for your lover's cum to get into your bloodstream.

How to make it safer:

If you fuck, wear a condom. It may be uncomfortable, but it will greatly reduce the chance of you catching or spreading any disease. Also, always use some kind of water-based lubricant -- no Vaseline or any kind of oil, please, since oil-based lubricants may tear the condom, thus allowing viruses and bacteria to pass into your body. And never reuse a condom, even if you or he didn't cum inside it. Once it was on anybody's cock, it should be thrown away.
If you are fucked, always insist that your partner put a condom on. If he refuses, then try another activity for fun, like sucking his dick. As hot as the other guy can be, it does not justify you catching something like HIV.
If you're into barebacking (raw sex, fucking without condom), you must be aware that this is the easiest way of catching all kinds of nasty, sometimes even life-threatening bugs, such as HIV, hepatitis or syphilis. But if you still want to go ahead with barebacking, use lube. It will make it a "smooth ride" and may reduce some of the chances of any of you guys getting hurt and passing on a virus. And if you're a bottom, don't let them come inside you.

Butt Play (fingering, fist fucking, dildos, etc.):

Risks:

Sticking a finger in anybody's ass and then taking it into your mouth can transmit hepatitis A or a number of intestinal infections, since that finger will be in contact with the other guy's shit, no matter how clean he is. And fingernails can cause lesions in your or your lover's ass, allowing diseases to be spread through blood.
If you are into fist fucking (sticking a whole fist into someone's ass), the chances of lesions are obviously higher.

How to make it safer:

When engaging into fist fucking, use lots of lubricant. A gradual dilation - your/his ass should be open little by little to prevent injuries -- and surgical rubber gloves are required.
Avoid sharing dildos, vibrators or any other sex toys, since they can spread diseases, too. But if you have to, put a condom on it (change condoms when the toy changes user).
Keep your fingernails trimmed.
Wash your hands often.

Rimming (licking someone's asshole):

Risks:

Any contact with shit (feces), no matter how undetectable, can transmit hepatitis A and many kinds of intestinal parasites.

How to make it safer:

If you're rimming, make sure your partner's ass is clean. Ask him to wash with soap and water before you dig in.

HIV How you get it: Mainly when you fuck (anal sex) without condoms (barebacking), whether you are a top or a bottom - even though bottoms may be at a higher risk. Or through blood (blood transfusions, sharing a needle, etc.) There are some reports of cases in which people got infected by giving a blow job, but sucking cock is generally considered low-risk as far as the HIV is concerned.

Symptoms: Since AIDS is not a disease in itself, but a condition that leaves you unprotected against other illnesses, you could experience a wide variety of symptoms, from fever, constant diarrheas or lumps on your neck. And symptoms could take months, even years, to appear. But one of its first signs may be a strong flu that doesn't seem to go away. If the HIV virus is not stopped, it can cause very serious health problems - including different kinds of cancer - and eventually lead to death.

Treatments: If you had unprotected sex or are concerned about experiencing an HIV-related symptom, go see your family doctor at once. If AIDS is caught in its early stages, you'll have a better chance of living a longer, healthier life. There's no vaccine yet. It's most commonly treated with drug "cocktails" (three or more drugs combined), that try to stop the spread of the virus. Even though they may achieve that and keep you alive for many years, these medications don't work for everyone, are quite expensive and may cause a series of nasty side effects.

Hepatitis

How you get it:

There are basically three types of hepatitis. Hep A is the easiest to catch and is the least dangerous of all three. Hep A can be spread by fecal contact (shit), so rimming, and even handling used condoms can spread it. Kissing on the mouth may also transmit it. Hep B is spread by blood or semen (so always use a condom if having anal sex). And Hep C is basically spread through blood and the chances of catching it through sexual contact are minimal.

Symptoms:

It may start like a flu, but it can also cause you to have a dark yellow color on your skin and eyes. Fatigue and loss of appetite are also common symptoms. You can also feel a pain in the right upper side of your belly, since hepatitis makes your liver swell (and that's where the liver is). In some cases, people infected with hepatitis B or C can become chronically infected, eventually leading them to develop cirrhosis or liver cancer and ultimately die.

Treatments:

There is no easy cure, so visiting your doctor should be the first step. Basically, you'll have to rest a lot and have a special diet prepared (booze is out of the question, for example). The body's defenses, in most cases -- especially regarding Hepatitis A -- get rid of the virus on their own. But you can prevent getting infected by taking the vaccines now available for Heps A and B. There is no effective vaccine against Hep C, so far.

Gonorrhea

How you get it:

By fucking - or being fucked - without a condom, sharing sex toys (dildos, vibrators) or giving a blow job (sucking another guy's cock).

Symptoms:

If you caught it after fucking some guy, you may feel pain while pissing or see some pus coming out of your cock. If you were fucked, you can feel itching and burning around your ass, or some pain when you take a shit. In some cases, you may also have diarrhea or fever. If you got it by sucking cock, you can have a throat infection (and it can become really sore).

Treatments:

Antibiotics will usually get rid of the bug.

Syphilis

How you get it:

By having skin contact with lesions or sores on or inside the other guy's mouth, cock or ass. Sometimes these lesions are easy to spot and sometimes not (inside someone's mouth, for example).

Symptoms:

The first symptoms are small, painless lesions that appear on your cock, or on/in your mouth or ass. They will disappear after 3 to 6 weeks, but that does NOT mean that you got rid of the syphilis. It just gets to a more advanced stage, when you'll get a rash - usually not itchy - on your palms, soles, back or chest. You may also have persistent fever, sore throat, lose some hair or have some wart-like lumps grow inside your ass. This is a very long disease, and you can be without symptoms for years. Syphilis' final stage can take up from 10 to 30 years to happen, but if it does, it could leave you blind or cause heart or brain damage.

Treatments:

It gets usually treated with penicillin injections, or another drug if you're allergic to penicillin.

Herpes

How you get it:

Generally, having skin contact with herpes sores or blisters on someone's cock, ass or mouth.

Symptoms:

Blisters or small sores - many times itchy or painful - that appear on your cock, ass or mouth. If you got it by being fucked without a condom, you may feel strong pain, fever and have trouble pissing.

Treatment:

It can go away for good, on its own, or return after some time, for no particular reason. It can be treated with pills or creams that attack the virus.

Warts

How you get it:

By fucking or getting fucked without a condom, or having any other skin contact with warts, which usually look like small bumps on the skin.

Symptoms:

Warts come in all shapes and sizes; generally they're tiny bumps on your dick and bigger and more like a "blooming flower" around or in your ass.

Treatment:

They can be removed with an acid or with liquid nitrogen -- they're frozen by a doctor.

Crabs

How you get it:

Having sex, sleeping in the same bed or sharing clothes with someone who has crabs.

Symptoms:

Itching in your pubes.

Treatment:

Special shampoos and lotions you must apply once or twice on itchy area, and sometimes all over your body.

Intestinal parasites

How you get it:

By rimming or having oral contact with fingers, toys or dicks that were in someone else's ass.

Symptoms:

Diarrhea, blood in stools, abdominal cramp and gas. They can last for several weeks and may return more than once in a year.

Treatment:

Though these parasites may go away by themselves, others may not. That's why doctors warn HIV + patients to avoid rimming, since these infections can weaken your immune system. There are however, different drugs - generally antibiotics - which are used to treat these infections.

Doggie_Wood
Nov 1, 2008, 1:07 PM

Back in the 70s at the Surgeon General's Public Address to the medical field,
the Surgeon General walks up to the podeum, clears his throat, taps on the mic (to make sure it was working) and addresses the audience:

"Ladies, gentlemen, distinguished colleages - today I have some good news - and, I also have some bad news.

First, the good news - we have discovered and proven, that smoking IS hazardous to your health.

The bad news is, we haven't figured out what isn't yet.

More studdies and tests are needed."

:doggie:

frikidiki
Nov 1, 2008, 7:55 PM
I've never had a serious STD and don't plan on it. The only things I ever got from anyone were a cold and a yeast infection--the latter, ironically, was from a girl who was paranoid I was going to give HER something!

I actually don't mind the taste of a condom without flavor, and compared to the feeling of suffering from an embarrassing or even fatal disease, any funky latex taste is a small price to pay.

Since a happy condom user can become a regular condom user, I'd like to suggest a few things. First, use a reservoir tip condom--they're not as snug at the tip. Second, put a drop or two of lube into the condom tip before putting it on. Third, try a very thin application of ID Pleasures--this stuff enhances sensitivity and is also a great lube for masturbating--as well as the aforementioned drop-or-two before putting the condom on.

DiamondDog
Nov 2, 2008, 1:55 AM
Warts

How you get it:

By fucking or getting fucked without a condom, or having any other skin contact with warts, which usually look like small bumps on the skin.

Symptoms:

Warts come in all shapes and sizes; generally they're tiny bumps on your dick and bigger and more like a "blooming flower" around or in your ass.

Treatment:

They can be removed with an acid or with liquid nitrogen -- they're frozen by a doctor.

Even if you have the anal warts frozen off/burned off with a laser you can still easily spread HPV to other people, as it's spread by skin to skin contact and while there is a vaccine for cancer causing HPV it doesn't get rid of the warts if you have them.

A friend of mine has HPV in his anus and he doesn't do anal sex (fucking, toys, rimming, being fingered) because of this, and because it isn't the 1970s or early 1980s anymore.