PDA

View Full Version : One more state!!

12voltman59
Oct 10, 2008, 12:28 PM
Just in the last hour--news has come that the Conn. State Supreme Court overturned a law banning same sex marriage----yyyeahhhh!!!

One more state---we need more and more to do this--

One thing about this-the ruling strictly is centered on the Connecticut state laws and constitution, so this cannot be appealed to a federal court including the US Supreme Court.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27117467/

still_shy
Oct 10, 2008, 11:35 PM
:bipride: Hooray!!!!!

Lisa (va)
Oct 11, 2008, 2:24 PM
Yes, this is wonderful news, and hopefully others will follow suit.

Not being very much into politics, it crossed my mind that if you got married in a state that allows same sex marriage and later move to a state that doesn't recongnize it, how does that all work out.

But in either case I do think it's grand: anyone should be able to marry the person they love, regardless of gender.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

texasman6172003
Oct 12, 2008, 2:18 PM
Well Volty,That is great news!!! Now 48 more States to go!! But i bet i know of at least one State that won't be passing it anytime soon,LOL. That would be my own very Homophobic State of Texas.. At least i bet i will not see it in my lifetime,LOL.

12voltman59
Oct 12, 2008, 3:19 PM
Well Volty,That is great news!!! Now 48 more States to go!! But i bet i know of at least one State that won't be passing it anytime soon,LOL. That would be my own very Homophobic State of Texas.. At least i bet i will not see it in my lifetime,LOL.

We won't here in Ohio--we passed one of those "voter initiative" deals that rules out same-sex marriage a few years ago and in recent years our state supreme court went from being nearly all Dems and moderate Republicans to all very conservative Repubs----there is no chance at all that a challenge to the law on constiutional grounds would be heard, let alone settled in favor of truly granting rights to citizens----it would be settled in such a way that would make the anti-American, anti-rights people happy as pigs in fresh mud----a case in our state supreme court would most likely result in such a way that would further set back "gay" rights in many ways.