PDA

View Full Version : 10 sec rule

huneypot
Jan 2, 2006, 7:35 AM
i dont want this to seem rude at all.
i would like to ask people to wait a lill while when leaving the room to give a poor slow typer like me a chance to say bye bye :(
so how about a good bye 10 second rule ? :)
what do u all think? :flag1:

jo69guy
Jan 2, 2006, 7:38 AM
A nice idea. I myself am a slow typer.

usedbear1950
Jan 2, 2006, 8:37 AM
You have my vote.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

m.in.heels&hose
Jan 2, 2006, 8:54 AM
hello huneypot!
i like that idea too, i always end up saying bi-bi just a second too late myself

just my :2cents: on this

hugs and kisses m.in.heels&hose

arana
Jan 2, 2006, 9:33 AM
Sorry I was in a hurry. LOL yeah yeah, I know you aren't talking about me. :tong:

huneypot
Jan 2, 2006, 9:40 AM
never Arana dear.what on earth gave u that idea? :rolleyes:

Biboz49
Jan 2, 2006, 10:06 AM
Great idea! I've been doing that too.

12voltman59
Jan 2, 2006, 11:03 AM
We had joked about the ten second rule the other night---it is a good idea--but unfortunately--you get booted so often that people do leave because of that--but I know what you mean when they say they are leaving then--poof--they are gone---I hate to post my goodbye to see the person is gone already.

Mrs.F
Jan 2, 2006, 11:26 AM
I think that's a great idea Huney! It's always nice to be able to say "good bye" or "good night". And Huney, you are not that slow of a typer! :rolleyes:

wanderingrichard
Jan 2, 2006, 11:42 AM
:rolleyes: and here i thot we were gonna talk about picking the food up and eating it after ya drop it... no wait, thats the 2-5 second rule! :eek:

yeah i'm a bit of a slow typist too.. guess i need to stickl around a bit more when i say Nite & bye, huhn?

m.in.heels&hose
Jan 2, 2006, 12:35 PM
Hello everyone

(speaking for myself) and i hope others feel the same way too, but if someone gets booted suddenly ( and i know some have this problem continually) thats a whole different story, and as far as the 10 second rule i have been guilty of this on occasion but i try not to make a habit out of it

im not trying to be sarcastic here, so sorry if i had come off that way

thank you for understanding :)
m.in.heels&hose

tatooedpunk
Jan 2, 2006, 5:35 PM
I agree i cant type to well

codybear3
Jan 2, 2006, 5:37 PM
every once in a while, I go into the chat room..say my hellos...do quick comments and welcomes here and there, but I mainly lurk cuz the topic and its participants are all like expert typist from planet Kwik-type...so when I exit the room, I usually say goodnight everyone and I hang-on for folks to say the same...it would be cool for a 10 sec rule but I also know that some people are not out and open to the people where they are living and need to get out quick. this has also happened in a PM session where the conversation is going good and then suddenly I get a "gotta go" and BAM, they're gone...I don't take it personally, but you have my vote for this as well but do not expect it to happen with some people becuz of the above mentioned... :2cents: :paw: :paw:

sailorashore
Jan 2, 2006, 5:56 PM
I like it. I'm the slowest in the room, more often than not, so I'm all for it.
sailorashore

Driver 8
Jan 2, 2006, 6:00 PM
I think I'm an offender - I type my goodbyes and vanish. I'll try counting out loud in the future ;)

cchalmer
Jan 2, 2006, 6:38 PM
The only time I'm usuallythat slow is typing with one hand...........opps did I say that out loud??? LOL

Yes it is nice to be able to say goodbye to people and I usually try to hang around for a bit after I say goodnight......

Good idea for sure when it can be done without getting yourself into trouble.

smurf111978
Jan 2, 2006, 6:52 PM
Hi Huney babe's

Thanks for posting this sweetie, I know we was joking about the rule the other night but I think it will be great to make it more formal. I know I always feel sad if I dont get to say good night to my friends. Obviously room bootings cant be helped, and of course we dont want any one to get caught just because they waited to say good night.

Love & hugs
Smurfie
xxooxx

csrakate
Jan 3, 2006, 9:12 AM
Huney,
Although we have joked about this in chat, I am glad you posted about it. I don't think many people realize that their friends may want to say goodbye when they announce that they are leaving. You don't think about it until you are the one trying to tell them goodbye! Of course, the dreaded boot does prevent this from happening, but I think we would all benefit from a bit of a pause be logging off!!

Hugs,
Kate

3naib
Jan 3, 2006, 7:07 PM
Gr8 rule Hun. I think I've been unconsciously observing it, just b/c I know myself that I get distracted with 10 browsers open and it takes me a second to catch up with the latest comings and goings.

:three: