PDA

View Full Version : Ewwwwww Factor of 10!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 24, 2008, 8:20 PM
[B]Can you say Ewww, Boys and Girls? lolol.[

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

POSTED: 2:21 pm EDT September 23, 2008
UPDATED: 10:28 pm EDT September 23, 2008

VERMONT -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

In a statement Ben and Jerry's said, "We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child."

Read PETA's letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield

September 23, 2008

Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, Cofounders

Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc.

Dear Mr. Cohen and Mr. Greenfield,

On behalf of PETA and our more than 2 million members and supporters, I'd like to bring your attention to an innovative new idea from Switzerland that would bring a unique twist to Ben and Jerry's.

Storchen restaurant is set to unveil a menu that includes soups, stews, and sauces made with at least 75 percent breast milk procured from human donors who are paid in exchange for their milk. If Ben and Jerry's replaced the cow's milk in its ice cream with breast milk, your customers-and cows-would reap the benefits.

Using cow's milk for your ice cream is a hazard to your customer's health. Dairy products have been linked to juvenile diabetes, allergies, constipation, obesity, and prostate and ovarian cancer. The late Dr. Benjamin Spock, America's leading authority on child care, spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children, saying it may play a role in anemia, allergies, and juvenile diabetes and in the long term, will set kids up for obesity and heart disease-America's number one cause of death.

Animals will also benefit from the switch to breast milk. Like all mammals, cows only produce milk during and after pregnancy, so to be able to constantly milk them, cows are forcefully impregnated every nine months. After several years of living in filthy conditions and being forced to produce 10 times more milk than they would naturally, their exhausted bodies are turned into hamburgers or ground up for soup.

And of course, the veal industry could not survive without the dairy industry. Because male calves can't produce milk, dairy farmers take them from their mothers immediately after birth and sell them to veal farms, where they endure 14 to 17 weeks of torment chained inside a crate so small that they can't even turn around.

The breast is best! Won't you give cows and their babies a break and our health a boost by switching from cow's milk to breast milk in Ben and Jerry's ice cream? Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tracy Reiman

Executive Vice President

/B]

vittoria
Sep 24, 2008, 8:34 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

:yikes2::yikes2::yikes2::yikes2::yikes2:

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ARE THEY FKKN STONED?!?!:stoned::stoned::stoned:

its terribly disgusting... WTF soylent green gets some practice!!!!:disgust::soapbox:

ITS PEOPLE!!!!

[B]Can you say Ewww, Boys and Girls? lolol.[

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

POSTED: 2:21 pm EDT September 23, 2008
UPDATED: 10:28 pm EDT September 23, 2008

VERMONT -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

In a statement Ben and Jerry's said, "We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child."

Read PETA's letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield

September 23, 2008

Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, Cofounders

Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc.

Dear Mr. Cohen and Mr. Greenfield,

On behalf of PETA and our more than 2 million members and supporters, I'd like to bring your attention to an innovative new idea from Switzerland that would bring a unique twist to Ben and Jerry's.

Storchen restaurant is set to unveil a menu that includes soups, stews, and sauces made with at least 75 percent breast milk procured from human donors who are paid in exchange for their milk. If Ben and Jerry's replaced the cow's milk in its ice cream with breast milk, your customers-and cows-would reap the benefits.

Using cow's milk for your ice cream is a hazard to your customer's health. Dairy products have been linked to juvenile diabetes, allergies, constipation, obesity, and prostate and ovarian cancer. The late Dr. Benjamin Spock, America's leading authority on child care, spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children, saying it may play a role in anemia, allergies, and juvenile diabetes and in the long term, will set kids up for obesity and heart disease-America's number one cause of death.

Animals will also benefit from the switch to breast milk. Like all mammals, cows only produce milk during and after pregnancy, so to be able to constantly milk them, cows are forcefully impregnated every nine months. After several years of living in filthy conditions and being forced to produce 10 times more milk than they would naturally, their exhausted bodies are turned into hamburgers or ground up for soup.

And of course, the veal industry could not survive without the dairy industry. Because male calves can't produce milk, dairy farmers take them from their mothers immediately after birth and sell them to veal farms, where they endure 14 to 17 weeks of torment chained inside a crate so small that they can't even turn around.

The breast is best! Won't you give cows and their babies a break and our health a boost by switching from cow's milk to breast milk in Ben and Jerry's ice cream? Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tracy Reiman

Executive Vice President

/B]

12voltman59
Sep 24, 2008, 8:44 PM
I hope that is a joke--but the way the PETA people are--probably not--they are pretty much out there!!

EEEWWW is wwwwwayyyy right!!

cutenewlybi
Sep 24, 2008, 9:07 PM
OMG that is disgusting...I think i just threw up a little...YUCK~!
Man those damn PETA people are weirdo-s!!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 24, 2008, 9:15 PM
LMAO My Daughter said, "Those Bastards! Fuckin with my Chunky Monkey!'
I said, "Careful. Next time it might be Simian flavored" lol
Cat ;)

FalconAngel
Sep 24, 2008, 10:57 PM
Another example of PETA showing it's natural ignorance of reality.

We are all for Ethical treatment of animals, but those PETA idiots are just too much.

They have no concept of the fact that dairy animals have been used by people since animals were first used for farming.

Someone needs to take those yahoos out and beat em sensible.......if they survive that much of a beating.

DiamondDog
Sep 25, 2008, 12:20 AM
Why not just go all the way and add placenta?

I'm sure human breast milk and placenta ice cream would appeal to some.

http://www.pugbus.net/artman/publish/04182006_placenta.shtml

HOLLYWOOD - In a recent interview with GQ magazine Tom Cruise said he plans to eat his baby's placenta. When he was cautioned that placentas weigh approximately one sixth as much as the babies to whom they are attached, Mr. Cruise became combative.

"You don't know placentas," said Mr. Cruise. "I do. I've studied placentas. I know dozens of ways to prepare them. I know what wines go with them. What do you know?"

According to Mr. Cruise, the recipes for serving placenta of which he has firsthand knowledge range from placenta tartare to placenta meat loaf. Mr. Cruise said placenta "reminds him of veal, but with a springier texture like heart." The benefits of eating placenta, he said, include reduced hemorrhaging and a decrease in the likelihood of postpartum depression.

http://www.pugbus.net/artman/uploads/placenta_helper.jpg

ihavapa
Sep 25, 2008, 12:34 AM
Hmm, maybe a new flavor like titty twister swirl, the world's a sick place and I'm a happy guy. But this is just out and out too strange for words.

Toad82
Sep 25, 2008, 1:47 AM
I don't even like ice cream, but I admit I would try it.:tong:

RJ:lokai:

void()
Sep 25, 2008, 3:46 AM
Not really defending fanatics here, merely positing something to ponder.

Human beings are animals the same as bovines, reptiles and so on. Human beings are the only animals that if given choice, continue using milk. And that isn't exactly kosher with how nature wants things to be.

Mother's milk is crucial to a child's growth, sure. But once a certain state is reached the child is to be weened off milk. It does more harm getting all the nice antibiotics from mommy, than good. For one thing mommy may not have been exposed to a new strain of influenza and the child gets exposed, dies from it.

That's only one example. I'm sure there are others, as I'm sure there's probably equal refutations on all counts. Not making a case either way, nor citing any particular sources. I'm shooting from the hip based on a little common sense, experience, and some general reading on human development.

Well, feel free to ponder. No direct replies are needed. Like I said, merely putting a bit of thought food out there. This was my :2cents:, and now I'm off.

Bluebiyou
Sep 25, 2008, 7:23 AM
Well....
Let's not rush things. Assuming we use human milk, who will milk the milk laden human boobies?
ME! ME! ME! I VOLUNTEER! OH, PICK ME!
I'll milk the boobies!

FerociousFeline
Sep 25, 2008, 8:34 AM
Hey! I've seen some of those women around who were obviously descended from those "nursemaids" of the old old times....and they are genetically ideal for this situation!

I say go for it! Might be worth a taste, and in the meantime it could mean jobs! (not to mention that they might finally decide to DO something about breast cancer, as, nothing is ever taken seriously until it interferes with a business's ability to make a profit around here)

What next? Semen Gum? (the gum that goes SQUIRT!) LOLOL

People are freaky.

But I'm okay with that.

: )

FF

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 25, 2008, 11:13 AM
[B]Uhmm, I'd like a Boobie-milk Sundae with Real human whipped cream. No nutz, I dont do meat....." *Snicker*
Cat:rolleyes:

HighEnergy
Sep 25, 2008, 11:30 AM
LOL. Of course, the taste of milk changes according to what you eat. Can you imagine Chunky Monkey if it was made with the milk after Momma's eaten a garlic and onion loaded dinner? :eek:

jamieknyc
Sep 25, 2008, 12:57 PM
Check out the South Park satire of PETA

elian
Sep 25, 2008, 4:53 PM
Hmm, real story - I was visiting a relative in the hospital who happens to know her doc and his wife really well. Doc & wife were visiting after hours and wife was lactating. She mentioned how she pumps some milk every once in a while and that she was out of whole milk so she used a a cup or two of it in the casserole or whatever the other night..

Things got a little awkward in the room at that point..I can totally imagine the woman with an open mind if you know what I mean.

I mean, I guess it really shouldn't matter - can be mature about this right? - it's one of those cultural things where we've been taught that women just don't show their breasts in public.

< Imagines the idea of some "other" female human providing milk for the supermarket..>

Hmm..no..I just can't see this happening on the scale needed for a dairy..sorry. Just where in the hnell is Ben & Jerry's supposed to get the SUPPLY for this human milk again?

I'm not so sure cows are a bad thing - I guess it depends on how you raise 'em. I mean from what I understand they NEED to be milked..unless that is just some sort of trained response from milking cows forever.

vittoria
Sep 25, 2008, 6:35 PM
Here's another point...

So PETA is freaking out about cows having to be forcefully impregnated...

What about WOMEN? (Spocklike eyebrow raise)..

Would this be encouraging girls and women to get pregnant for the sole purpose of getting money for their breast milk? You know how many idiots there are out there? And we all know how addictive money can get... who in their right mind would want that "easy" paycheck to end? So instead of cows being "forcefully"impregnated, it would be women bringing children in the world that they really dont want or need just for the money...

Another thought for your eye...

How would the screening of said such milk be accomplished? Are they really naive to assume that ALL women are 100% completely healthy? How many crack addicts and HIV positive women there are... would it be something like the plasma donation places? And who is to say that everything THERE would be sanitary.. considering the inane influx of E. Coli and salmonella outbreaks amongst our REGULAR food...

Humans... terribly illogical (Spocklike shake of the head)

TaylorMade
Sep 25, 2008, 11:18 PM
Here's another point...

So PETA is freaking out about cows having to be forcefully impregnated...

What about WOMEN? (Spocklike eyebrow raise)..

Would this be encouraging girls and women to get pregnant for the sole purpose of getting money for their breast milk? You know how many idiots there are out there? And we all know how addictive money can get... who in their right mind would want that "easy" paycheck to end? So instead of cows being "forcefully"impregnated, it would be women bringing children in the world that they really dont want or need just for the money...

Another thought for your eye...

How would the screening of said such milk be accomplished? Are they really naive to assume that ALL women are 100% completely healthy? How many crack addicts and HIV positive women there are... would it be something like the plasma donation places? And who is to say that everything THERE would be sanitary.. considering the inane influx of E. Coli and salmonella outbreaks amongst our REGULAR food...

Humans... terribly illogical (Spocklike shake of the head)

Broken Watch Award for you.

Obviously PETA didn't think this one through.

*Taylor*

Falke
Sep 25, 2008, 11:25 PM
Broken Watch Award for you.

Obviously PETA didn't think this one through.

*Taylor*

Wait, PETA thinks things through? That's news to me! :tongue:

MissyMissy
Sep 26, 2008, 3:39 PM
i like breast milk. but an issue would be that is is low fat and such would have to add a lot of chemicals to it. and cows were bred to be used for milk. and my family treats thier cows very well thank you.
missy

Bi_Druid
Sep 26, 2008, 3:47 PM
Milk the Chavs!

By the way, in answer to the original letter way back at the start - LOL

Dairy products have been linked to juvenile diabetes, allergies, constipation, obesity, and prostate and ovarian cancer.
By PETA's accounts, I should be twenty times the size I am, and dead!
I love Milk, I'm a right lactose junky. And I don't have ANY of those horrid things described in their letter.

MissyMissy
Sep 26, 2008, 4:32 PM
women are forced to lactate for ice cream. thousands of years go by. women have 100 to 200 lb breasts. they have to use special carts to keep themselves from falling face first.
sounds weird?