PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance?

ShopperChick
Sep 22, 2008, 11:03 PM
Hi all.
I am very new to the site, so hi! I am going to start out by explaining something so hopefully this all makes sense. I have known that was bisexual since I was about 14-15ish, but I kinda just brushed it off. But now, about 6 years later, it has hit with full force, and I don't know how to handle my feelings or what I should do.I talk to my gay cousin about it every once in a while, but we've lost touch lately, and now I feel as if I am all alone.

I don't even know how to go about meeting other bisexual people, and I guess I am just generally confused. If anyone can offer some guidence, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
~SC

IanBorthwick
Sep 22, 2008, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Acceptance is a tricky thing to get in the world or in our own "Community" no matter how you slice it.

All I can say is, at least you're not a male. We tend to get the shorter end of shrift.

onewhocares
Sep 23, 2008, 7:48 AM
Hi Shopper Chick.....

First, by coming here you are NEVER alone. We are, as a community a most welcoming and understanding group. By reading the past threads I think that you may gain insight and other peoples reflections on some of the questions you may have. Coming into the chat room will help you make friends. Please count me amoung them.

Belle

AFTER9
Sep 23, 2008, 9:45 AM
A good start is simply accepting yourself and realizing hey I'm wired this way and that's just fine.
Oh and welcome glad you're here.

void()
Sep 23, 2008, 9:49 AM
"I don't even know how to go about meeting other bisexual people, ..."

That's easy. Go snooping in your neighbors closets. You'll run across these kinky feeling leotards made of spandex. The color of the leotards don't matter too much, most will have a little rainbow patch on them. you find those leotards, you've found a bisexual person.

Actually, there is no real 'easy' way. You meet and greet, take some time getting to know folks. Then once you've known them a bit you might venture edging bisexuality into conversation. Subtle little comments akin to "oh, wasn't she/he a looker?" Then you gauge reactions and steer conversation accordingly.

Although, I tried the subtle route with a life long friend. Thought of him as a brother. He never caught any of it. Finally I broke and told him, in front of his wife at the time. He was genuinely shocked. Her reaction was "My God, you've know him all your life and didn't know? I knew him five minutes and knew, without him saying." Of course his wife and I kidded around and 'flirted', neither of us having any real interest in the other, merely a way to pick on him.

Once he knew, he laughed. "Oh, so I've got two ladies here now? This could be interesting." His wife smacked him.

"Sorry Frank (obviously not his real name), I've never been interested in you in that way. You're a friend, never saw a reason to jeopardize that by crawling into bed with you." I told him. His wife just laughed as his jaw hit the ground.

"Oh, you're just saying that to avoid making her jealous, honey." He retorted.

We all wound up in stitches laughing as we finished unloading and ricking up his firewood.

You won't know another bisexual person until they bite you on the ass, figuratively, or literally. :) The main thing is to go slow, be courteous and respectful. Welcome to our happy little asylum. Folks here are quite nice for the most. ((((( ShopperChick ))))) Have a hug and pass one on. :)

FalconAngel
Sep 23, 2008, 6:57 PM
Welcome home, shopperchick.

Many of us have been where you are now. Not necessarily Wisconsin, but sexuality-wise.:bigrin:

There are plenty of us who are more than happy to help you out with any questions that you may have and there may even be a few, from your general geographic area, that can help you find local Bi groups for you to meet up with.

Those groups help a lot, when they are accessible to you.

But feel free to ask away to any of us, check the forums for subjects that may help you, since it is very likely that someone has already asked questions that you may have, but if not, then post to the forums and you will get plenty of answers.

someotherguy
Sep 23, 2008, 7:18 PM
Acceptance happens one person at a time. Anyone worth knowing will accept you. So in this it is no different from any other aspect of your life. There are plenty of bi and bi-friendly people; the rest can be safely ignored. You meet people everywhere and anywhere, and then in the process of meeting them it just slips out that you're bi. They will sort themselves into two groups: people who don't freak and run, and those who can't accept this about you.

MissyMissy
Sep 23, 2008, 7:57 PM
though i cant do it in the physical world. hugzzz.
missymissy

ShopperChick
Sep 24, 2008, 2:04 AM
First of all, I must say, I am so glad to have joined here! I feel so warm and welcomed! Thanks to everyone! I am so glad to have so many people here to help me and who completely understand! It feels almost like a second family....THANKS! ANd I have a feeling, now that I know I have support and friendship, those two combined will help me get through this!

*HUGS to all*

You are all so amazing! Thanks thanks so much!

chancesare
Sep 24, 2008, 5:34 AM
New to this too, been bi curious as long as I can remember, always wanted to meet someone and never have yet, looking forward to that first time to put my mouth over a cock or inside my ass, what does it feel like to have a guy cum up your ass?:tongue:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 24, 2008, 4:43 PM
Welcome to the family Shopper. :} Come see us in chat sometime sweetie.
We're a fun loving, insane bunch, but I hope you'll come to love us..lol
Everybody's Cat

mrplayfuluk
Sep 24, 2008, 6:39 PM
one thing we aren't here is victim support. We take pride in what we are so its all about positives..... the great thing about this place is (its more than a site) is that it has character and thats rare on the internet.

Rudy75
Sep 25, 2008, 10:37 PM
Listen, Just be yourself and don't let others push you into someone else's box.

(unintentional pun)

The good thing about being bi is meeting someone and being free enough to be intimate with them, if it's right.