PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about the bi request event.

Timid
Sep 20, 2008, 12:45 AM
I was going to email an attendee but maybe anyone can give me the gist of the event with additional detail?
I already clicked to show that id attend and checked out the site. Thing is im real discreet and very shy about something like this, just want to hang but don't have much to say but open.
Any experiences anyone?

Bi-Zarro
Sep 20, 2008, 1:09 AM
I'm glad Timid brought this up. I'm considering attending one of these meetings too.

donnydarko
Oct 10, 2008, 12:47 PM
i've been there. its pretty kool , u just sit around and chat about the topic of that evening and u can change the topic as long as it relates to bisexuality. i say its kool because u learn alot from the older more expriecned bisexuals and idk swapping stories and expriences... u just learn alot.
i think every bisexual should at least attend one meeting and yea i went to the bi request one, theres also a bisexual meeting on the first of every sunday or sumthin like that....its pretty much the same thing but a smaller group. Bi-perpestive or sumthin like that i think its called...
u dont have to talk...i never did cuz i didnt have much expriences...but just going there to listen its very educational...

12voltman59
Oct 10, 2008, 1:11 PM
I must have missed something--whatcha all talking about??

donnydarko
Oct 10, 2008, 2:45 PM
I must have missed something--whatcha all talking about??
lol we're talkin abt Bi_request
its a meetings for bisexuals in ny where they meet and just chat about stuff , biphobia and all that.

FalconAngel
Oct 10, 2008, 7:19 PM
I've been to a lot of the meetings that we have here in Broward County, FL and they are pretty much like donnydarko says. We sit and discuss bisexuality or bisexual related subjects. Sometimes it goes off topic, but it is really like a bunch of new friends hanging out and talking.

You get folks there that are Bi, mixed orientation couples, and friends of Bisexuals will sometimes show up, too.

The wife hasn't gone with me to any since it conflicts with her work schedule, but she hears about them from me when I go to them.

miamieddie1
Oct 11, 2008, 2:29 AM
sounds interesting

frikidiki
Oct 11, 2008, 10:12 PM
Does anyone have a link to post here for people to follow? I'd do it, but my phone's browser can't copy links like that.

jamieknyc
Oct 11, 2008, 11:18 PM
I went to Bi Perspective last week. The conversation was good, but very dry and lacking in people's personal experiences.

Timid
Oct 11, 2008, 11:42 PM
:update:
I actually went albeit late lol. It wasn't what I expected and at first being new to this I felt out of place but everyone is great and seems they would like to hear from you but like darko not much to say but by the end I would have liked it to last longer lol.

donnydarko
Oct 12, 2008, 10:22 AM
I went to Bi Perspective last week. The conversation was good, but very dry and lacking in people's personal experiences.

yea the sunday group is kinda quiet and less particapte. in bi request however ppl really talked abt their expriences, theyre more open.

donnydarko
Oct 12, 2008, 10:25 AM
:update:
I actually went albeit late lol. It wasn't what I expected and at first being new to this I felt out of place but everyone is great and seems they would like to hear from you but like darko not much to say but by the end I would have liked it to last longer lol.

lol thats actually how i felt the first time i went lol. but yea i hope u made sum new friends =P i think its pretty educational to learnabt other ppl's expriences, it sure helped me alot. nice to meet ppl with the same ideas and stuff.:bipride:

Flounder1967
Oct 12, 2008, 12:24 PM
is ther any type of website you can go and find one in your area. It sounds intresting.

donnydarko
Oct 12, 2008, 5:39 PM
is ther any type of website you can go and find one in your area. It sounds intresting.

u go and click on EVENTS on the top of the page.:flag4:

boca.openminded
May 3, 2010, 11:38 PM
bringing this thread into the modern era...

Anyone still go to the events? Doesnt seem that there are that many events (in the event section)...

718caveman
May 3, 2010, 11:55 PM
i was going to check it out but i am not sure i might

boca.openminded
May 4, 2010, 12:05 AM
i was going to check it out but i am not sure i might

I would nowadays. i'll still be nervous as hell (thinking everyones watching me) but i guess thats like that in every new meeting..