PDA

View Full Version : bi software? tee hee

crysstaafur
Sep 17, 2008, 9:27 PM
I am a bisexual coder who enjoys making computer games and other odds and ends.. I have noticed that is there a sad lack of bisexual friendly games and no demos/intros of bi pride. well someonez gotta do it lol

Here is a link to my first release, it is still a work in progress so if anyone has any ideas to improve it, let me know, I am suffering from programmer's block. lol

http://dabooda.org/Area51/bi_demo.zip

I am currently paper sketching together an lbgt themed rpg with my wife and ex-bf. Once we've got something semi-functional(code,artwork,etc..), I'll post a link here for ya'll.

some rough ideas atm:
setting:
post-apocolypse era
Extremist ideas have been taken too far and as a result ended in many strong glows. Somehow, people survived, albeit in isolated pockets here
and there. One possible idea for a goal for our heroes is to travel about and try to get each isolated camp to reunify and rebuild the world back. But who could be up to the task?

kinda vague, but details will come :)

crysstaafur
Sep 20, 2008, 4:31 AM
Just a heads up for Vista users, you will need the dx8vb.dll also. Apparently m$ forgot to include this file when they finalized vista even thought they 'swear' they still support vb6 and dx8.. oh well.

crysstaafur
Sep 20, 2008, 4:36 AM
just to make things a bit clearer. The download is a basic demo of the api at work, not an actual game. It is intended to show off what our dabooda engine can do. nothing more.. i.e. poor man's screensaver lol

to make things more clearer, the game mentioned above is still on paper and still being in early stages of design. We need ideas to expand this as this is a gift to the bi community. We will only get what is put in, no more no less.

Midnight Rider
Sep 20, 2008, 11:45 PM
Here's a online mmorpg game designed just for adults.

http://sociolotron.amerabyte.com/website2/index.htm

It developed by one person like you and has grown. It is a very open sex game that has Bi's, BDSM, Straight, Gay, Transexual, PVP, Crafting, Politics, Rape and Murder. I've enjoyed playing and it has a large community of players. Try it out but dont expect the game graphics that todays games have. The designer is working on a new 3D version Socioloton but he"s doing it all him self.

crysstaafur
Oct 3, 2008, 6:01 AM
Just a quick update:I am currently researching multiple types of networks to be implemented in the DBT core library. In English this means that any games or apps I (or anyone using DBT) will be able to add LAN/Internet multiplayer capablilities.. as for a release date, it will be done when it's done.. :)

For those folks who have Vista and are having problems getting this first
test demo running due to DLL issues, I've made an exe file that has all needed dll files embedded into it. The exe also contains all the media files too. As a lovely side bonus the packer I used also compresses everything so this will actually be quite smaller. Let me know if this is a better way to distro any thing I build for you guys.. message me if you want a copy of the source code.

http://dabooda.org/sa_bi_demo/bidemo.exe

If anyone has any ideas what we should make our 'bisexual' sprites do, lay it on me. I am very open to ideas. If anyone knows of any public domain music or sound effects, holla at me too! While I am a decent coder, I will admit I am not the greatest pixel artist around either, if anyone wants to streamline the media or even add more content to this project, msg me. :) All contributors will be added to the credits once this project is done. Thank you all for reading this far... peace..

crysstaafur
Oct 3, 2008, 7:14 AM
goddamnit.. sorry. Apparently when I went to test to see if the file downloads correctly my virus scanner went apeshit.. I remember reading about this on the multi-packer site. I guess it's back to square one with the dll dependancies until I can reach the author of multi-packer about this.. grrr.. I sincerely apologize for the inconvienence. I suspect this could be a false alarm situation, but I will look into this as I didn't spend months on this only to have this sh*t happen..

crysstaafur
Oct 3, 2008, 7:44 AM
Apparently I am not the only person having to deal with false alarms.. somewhat a relief. Molebox while it works right, isn't free...

What other peeps have found... (http://www.devalvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=651)

I wish UPX would support DLL packing into exe files.. oh well..

FalconAngel
Oct 3, 2008, 12:16 PM
I tried your demo from the original post and I had to reboot my system to get it to stop. It may not be compatible with XP.

FalconAngel
Oct 3, 2008, 5:39 PM
Dont post viruses and shit like that here!

I doubt that it's a virus. Norton didn't pick it up as one. It's just a glitchy program.

crysstaafur
Oct 4, 2008, 2:16 AM
someone must be rather illiterate too..
Anyways yes.. You can quit the program Falcon. Hit ESC!!
I have a new template code for forms, so that future forms(windows) can be closed by hitting the (X) button on the upper-right.. usually hitting ESC is the standard way I program a quit function.

The reason why exe packers tend to alert virus scanners is because unfortionately the bad guys use those too to hide or package malware.. just pisses me off these guys screw things up for legitimate users such as myself.

Please read everything in this thread before downloading so you wont' be in the dark about somethings... thank you

FalconAngel
Oct 4, 2008, 2:18 AM
I tried the escape key, to no avail.

Finish working out the remaining bugs and we will give it a second chance.

crysstaafur
Oct 4, 2008, 2:36 AM
Everyone:
Until a *final* is made, this project is not for the faint of heart. You *will* need technical know how in order to:
help me make this and other things better
to be able to use programs that are semi-stable.
(I never release unstables.. bad mojo lol)
details also help.
CPU,OS,RAM,GFX CRD,whether it's integrated or dedicated,and well
what exact actions you did to produce said error..

Falcon:
did you successfully install the daboodaturbo v1.4 dll engine? (with the first version)

The zip file contains a installer that will do the dll registration for you.
Additionally in case it fails to successfully register the *dabooda turbo dll*
there is a readme.txt file in the root of the zip package that explains not
only what this is all about, but also includes instructions on how to register
the dll file manually.

if this dll is not registered, the demo program *will* freeze big time.
If you manage to get a nice outer space display with scrolling maps and
moving sprites congrats.. hitting ESC will quit it just fine.\

Everyone:
I tried to step around that nasty dll file registration by simply packing it into
the exe file and well, that didn't turn out so well, as unfortionately hackers also pack things which cause some AV programs with piss-poor heuristics to go apeshit.:)

crysstaafur
Oct 4, 2008, 2:47 AM
clarity again:the *illiterate* remark was to the troll who told me to stop posting virus's when all they had to do was.. gee.. I dunno.. read the thread first, then download.... it was not at Falcon or anyone else..

FalconAngel
Oct 5, 2008, 1:08 PM
Falcon:
did you successfully install the daboodaturbo v1.4 dll engine? (with the first version)

The zip file contains a installer that will do the dll registration for you.
Additionally in case it fails to successfully register the *dabooda turbo dll*
there is a readme.txt file in the root of the zip package that explains not
only what this is all about, but also includes instructions on how to register
the dll file manually.

if this dll is not registered, the demo program *will* freeze big time.
If you manage to get a nice outer space display with scrolling maps and
moving sprites congrats.. hitting ESC will quit it just fine.\

Come to think of it, I don't think that it downloaded with the rest, so I may not have, which could explain the problem. Was that file part of the download, or is it a separate file to be downloaded? I don't recall any other files to download in addition to the one. But then, it's been a couple of weeks since I tried it, too.

crysstaafur
Oct 6, 2008, 2:09 AM
(file)bidemo.zip-<unzipped>=bidemo(folder)

inside bidemo(folder)->DBTurbov1.4DLL(folder),Texture(folder)
and some files:
AIideas.txt ->describes some ideas I may implement
fbdbt14demo.dbs->original freebasic/dbfe source code for bidemo
fbdbt14demo_form_vt.exe->compiled executable/current build
readme.txt->user manual.. nuff said ;)

Inside the DBTurbov1.4DLL folder is three additional files:

DBTurbov1.4.dll->this magical file is a libary of code that
simplifies the task of creating a directx8 app in visual basic.. as is..
With DBFE(a wrapper/translator I made) it can now be used in FreeBASIC also. My brother made the original DBTurbo dll with vb5 and winxp, and continued development of it has been passed on to me.(using freebasic/vb6/Vista) Aside from this little project I am working on
expanding the API to include multiplayer support through both directplay and winsockets. AI may be included, I am currently considering genetic algos and finite state machines.. moving onward...
In summary, all projects I make *usually* will require this dll file to be present in windows\system32 and have entries in the registry. If you are one of the rare peeps using a 64-bit version of XP,Vista,etc the install will have to be for now manually done. instead of system32.. you will want to use
C:\Windows\SysWOW64 instead. From that folder (using cmd) you should be able to call regsvr32.exe from there.. see notes on manual install in the readme.txt file.

DBTurboInstall.exe -> If any of the above is greek to you, then this is the file you want. Just run it. click on install. done. If it doesn't succeed in installing/registering the dll file, then it will have to be done manually for some reason.

readme.txt->this one is different from the one at the beginning of the zip package. It simply contains details 'already' discussed here.

This program is designed with XP in mind as it was build and tested in XP.
It was further tested in VISTA, and will work in VISTA, but there is an extra
step. You will need to get a copy of dx8vb.dll and register it like you would
dabooda turbo, same folder (C:\windows\system32) also. *THEN* install dabooda turbo manually at (C:\windows\system32). The easy installer may or may not work. If you are intrepid enough to do so, I would *highly* recommend that you turn off UAC and use Admin privleges when running it.

I will be deleting the packed version here very soon for reasons already mentioned. This will be the way things will packaged here forth. Good news is
if you've already installed something of mine that uses dabooda turbo, then
you will set to go in the future for other things, no further dll registrations needed. The second reason why the packed version must die, lies with the fact that is auto-registers the dll, uses it, then at the end of execution(quit/exit) it un-registers the dll.

I sincerely hope this covers the issue of getting things setup. The dll registration bears repeating as future projects will be making use of it.
For any future inquiries on how to set things up to work.. please refer others to the start of this thread... I will not be typing all of this ever again.