PDA

View Full Version : And Another Thing - Don't Panic... or shud we???

darkeyes
Sep 17, 2008, 6:44 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_7619000/7619708.stm

Me a big fan a the 'riginal radio series.. an tho the later series wos pretty gud wosnta patch on the 'riginal.. not so mucha the books, tho they ok an all... but gettin sum 1 else 2 rite anotha?? Fran is very dubious... Mrs Adams runnin shorta dosh?? O well..

Me dad knew Douglas Adams by the way.. worked in Civil Service togetha LONG time go in London fore me wos born.. wonda if that wy me dad walks bout wiv a towel all the time??? Worry bout the ole coot's sanity...tee hee.

shameless agitator
Sep 17, 2008, 3:09 PM
This had to be a sign of the apocalypse. A new writer for the hitch-hiker's is worse than whe Frank Herbert's kid took over the Dune series.

vittoria
Sep 17, 2008, 7:45 PM
The answer remains.....

darkeyes
Sep 17, 2008, 8:03 PM
The answer remains.....

42.true..but wots the question??? muah;)

FerociousFeline
Sep 17, 2008, 9:49 PM
The meaning of life =42.

4+2=sex. OOPS I mean, six.

6=the number representing LOVE (in astrology/numerology)

6 also is the sign for Yin. (69 yin/yang or female/male) 6 in this context would be "the mother" or Mother Earth.

SO.

After much research and testing it can be stated that....

The meaning of life = The mother fucking (Love)

Which, pretty much equals out to: The meaning of life = life.

<cheesy grin>

LOL!

FF

frenchvikki
Sep 18, 2008, 7:50 AM
Deep Thought gave the answer as 42 as the meaning of life, the universe and everything. The question turned out to be wrong. Or did it? Is it not possible that the question was correct, but that Deep Thought after its millions of years deliberations, came up with wrong answer?

Rambigent
Sep 18, 2008, 9:20 PM
Yeah, I don't think I like this at all.

tatooedpunk
Sep 19, 2008, 6:53 PM
No way this travesty cannot be allowed to happen!
I didn't know anything about this till i read your post Fran,you just need to be reminded of the "movie" to know that you dont fuck with the classics

Bluebiyou
Sep 20, 2008, 12:35 PM
Isn't the intergalactic bypass due soon?
The plans were registered and per galactic code, earth was notified via certified post (mail).
A certain.... "Aztec" civilization signed for it two millenia ago...
Demolition of the earth scheduled for winter solstice 2012.
To assure ongoing quality of service, your death may be monitored for training purposes. Thank you, and have a nice day.
:)

Bluebiyou
Sep 21, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'm sorry, I almost forgot.
In keeping with the same intergalactic policy of open and honest communication, an alternate culture was also notified. The signature of a certain Emperor Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus was also collected. While apparently fascinated by the message, it seemed "Caligula" (his nick-name) was not entirely concerned with the coming events nearly 2000 years later.

Rudy75
Sep 21, 2008, 9:24 PM
Here - grab a towel and put this fish in your ear. The Vogans are coming.

vittoria
Sep 22, 2008, 12:28 PM
So long...

And Thanks For All the FISH!!!!!!

:tong: