PDA

View Full Version : Richard Wright, of Pink Floyd

pottzie
Sep 15, 2008, 8:35 PM
Richard Wright, organist for pink Floyd passed away at age 65 of cancer.
Wish you were here; shine on you crazy diamond.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/sep/15/pink.floyd.member.dies

jem_is_bi
Sep 15, 2008, 11:53 PM
I have very pleasant memories of listening to Pink Floyd very late on weekend nights being in no kind of state to do anything else.

still_shy
Sep 16, 2008, 8:43 AM
How horrible :( Pink Floyd has been my favorite group since I was about 16, I love love love their music and am greatly saddened by the death of Richard Wright. The world lost a bright light when he passed away.

The Cheshire Cat
Sep 16, 2008, 9:32 AM
R.I.P Richard Wright & Shine on you Crazy Diamond

darkeyes
Sep 16, 2008, 10:41 AM
Me dad has sum crappie taste in music.. Beatles Four Pennies Gerry an Pacemakers god an the awful Searchers...an worst of all the bloody Beach Boys.. but wen me wos wee me grew up 2 Floydie as we all kno em in our family.. 1st time me membas me dad playin Dark Side of the Moon me wos bout 6 an wos jus blown away... 2 Floydie gone now.. wen gr8 artists die a lil of us dies along wiv em...

MaybeSayMaybe
Sep 16, 2008, 3:39 PM
Let's not forget Syd Barrett. He was the original brains behind the whole operation. Poor guy. An original talent. At least he wasn't a troll.

I can remember more than few situations where people tried to get themselves into "the proper frame of mind" to listen to those Pink Floyd records. They had a compilation album called Relics that had a picture of an unusual little statue with two sets of eyes. Legend was that if one was in the proper state of mind, the eyes would dance up and down. At least that's what they said....

Sarasvati
Sep 16, 2008, 6:10 PM
...and what about Isaac Hayes, I's listening to him as we speak. He was awesome. He was a pioneer who opened the door for other great black artists to make albums, eg., Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield.

I bet Richard Wright loved him too

chick_a_dee
Sep 16, 2008, 9:15 PM
A great musician and a major part of Pink Floyd. I had the pleasure to see Pink Floyd in concert in 1988 at Oakland Collisium, Calif. An awesome concert both musically and visually. I still have the poster and ticket.

NumberSix
Sep 16, 2008, 11:13 PM
R.I.P Richard Wright & Shine on you Crazy Diamond

Syd Barret was the Crazy Diamond :)

How sad. I saw them twice, in 94 (or was it 95?) and it's one of the best shows i've seen in my life (well ok, i havent seen many shows, but still it was great ;) )

I've been a fan since i was 14 years old. I'm finding this news very sad :(