PDA

View Full Version : When All Else Fails, Call Them "Uppity"...

vittoria
Sep 4, 2008, 5:42 PM
Its all well and cool not to like someone just because they consider themselves a member of the Democratic Party.

No prob.

One may not like the idea of having potential "First Daughters" in cornrows.

(Sorry, I'm laughing as I type that... its VERY VERY funny)

However...

To bust out the term "Uppity"??!?!?!?!

As if we dont know what word usually 9 times out of 9 comes after that ( especially in the USA)...

A La radio Budweiser commercial..(If you know what I mean LOL!)

"real men of genius...

Mr. I dont like black people but its gauche to say that so I'll tap dance around it GOP member!!!"

(http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/09/04/rep-westmoreland-r-ga-calls-obama-uppity/)

(ROFLMMFAO!)

Sparetire
Sep 6, 2008, 2:22 AM
Get off your high horse. 'Uppity' is no more racist than 'stupid' or any other adjective. Find something else to bitch & whine about. How come black people are the only ones that can play the race card??? Is everything a racist term now???? Life is tough and people are going to offend you every day of the week. Get over it & grow a skin.

darkeyes
Sep 6, 2008, 7:39 AM
Dunno the context a the use a the phrase hun but it aint necessarily racist.. can b used an is used in a racist context.. mainly used far as me knos gainst sum 1 who dusn kno 'er or 'is place... who refuses 2 accept oppression an wonts 2 betta themselves or sumtimes thinks they r betta than they r.. been called uppity mesel moren 1ce.. woteva the context..it wosa fukkin arrogant an toffee nosed thing 2 say an the silly sod shud b ashamed of 'imsel.. an so shud u for defendin it..

vittoria
Sep 6, 2008, 7:45 AM
Attention sparetire

for your info.. no one said i was black..i despise injustice to all cultures... i only believe in one race... HUMAN (and Vulcan... i guess that makes two)

I'm not...

It was an observation of human nature...

And the only people, I have observed, who enjoys that type of speech, are those who want to be hateful morons.

Nothing to say about present company...

;)

Actually read the link, watch the clip, note the context, and draw your own conclusions.

Lateralus
Sep 6, 2008, 2:04 PM
I can understand why it would upset some black people (considering the term was vastly used to describe black people who weren't poor, or just simply educated), but I don't think he was being racist. He was just repeating (see parrot) what his party has been saying about Obama.

Question: If Obama is uppity, then what is what is being married to an heiress and not knowing how many homes you own?

vittoria
Sep 6, 2008, 2:05 PM
LOL :cutelaugh!