PDA

View Full Version : My Bloody Valentine Concert

frikidiki
Aug 28, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'm attending the MBV show in L.A. October 1st. Is anyone from this site attending, and if so, do you wanna meet up? If so, send me a private message, and we'll discuss it; or, post here, and I'll check back.

FuzzloverUK
Aug 30, 2008, 8:02 AM
Missed them in London - friends said they were great but earplugs might be in order...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_po0RTKjsC8&feature=related

frikidiki
Sep 14, 2008, 12:35 PM
Yes, 125 dB heard raw should not be taken lightly. I understand they provide earplugs at the show. In any case, I have some of those professional earplugs that attenuate the sound without changing it. I'm looking forward to literally feeling the music, especially "To Here Knows When," that great psychedelic threesome anthem!

Bi-Zarro
Sep 14, 2008, 7:19 PM
Hard to believe they've finally reuinted after so many years. Do they have a new album? I used to listen to Loveless quite often.

frikidiki
Sep 19, 2008, 1:55 PM
They're playing at least two shows in NY, city and state, imminently--in the next few days, I believe. Check Ticketmaster for availability.

Kevin Shields has been quoted as saying that new material is partly finished, partly in the works, and that it will definitely be recognizable as MBV material. I have strong doubts that Loveless Part II is what we're in store for, in the face of hopes that the songwriting has gotten a little snappier. I mean, let's face it, Loveless was one of the great psychedelic music experiences of all time, but only a few songs as such were really on par with some of the older stuff, like "Slow," "Soft As Snow," "You Made Me Realize," "Strawberry Wine," and lots more. Having said that, I'm looking forward to hearing the Loveless material live.

I read unconfirmed reports that some of the shelved material and some outtakes from Loveless, as well as a series of reissues forward from You Made Me Realize, are all overdue. I haven't bothered to keep up with these possibilities. I hope Ecstasy And Wine gets reissued, too.

Less than two weeks remain before the show! :-D