PDA

View Full Version : Today's sign of the Apocolypse...

allbimyself
Aug 25, 2008, 3:51 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7581039.stm

elian
Aug 25, 2008, 5:58 PM
I'm not quite sure what to make of it - a part of me wants to say "go on, girl!" - a part wants to think the priest is probably right to encourage the self-image of the women - part wonders if this goes against the general principle of modesty practiced in the stricter faith and the last part wonders if the gentleman hopes to make a pin-up calendar with the photos.

FalconAngel
Aug 25, 2008, 7:29 PM
Only the Italians would come up with that one. :cutelaugh

allbimyself
Aug 25, 2008, 7:59 PM
Oh dear. This is getting ominous. Two signs today! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/08/25/pitcher.toogood.ap/index.html?eref=fannation

MsMags
Aug 25, 2008, 9:08 PM
Where the devil was this when I was in Catholic school?

vittoria
Aug 26, 2008, 11:17 PM
rather funny actually

Cesca
Aug 27, 2008, 6:28 AM
When at school I swooned over a nun and couldnt take my mind of her. I am not quite sure that nominating her would be appreciated because she left the order and married a stockbroker. Out of the frying pan possibly?

12voltman59
Aug 27, 2008, 9:29 AM
Actually--the core concept of what that priest proposed here is not all that bad----there is a general conception that nuns are unattractive females that might as well have gone to the convent since they were too ugly to ever get a man (don't mention that they might "at least" get another ugly woman)

I have seen some really pretty nuns over the years----they might not be beautiful in the more modern sense--- but they tend (at least when still young) to have beauty in a more traditional, classic sense.

I live in an area that has several concentrations of Old Order Amish and my goodness-----many of the Amish girls are downright beautful even though they wear those long old timey dresses, hair bonnets and don't use make up.

I am sure that the priest's efforts are raising consternation in some quarters in the Vatican though!! I am surprised that Pope Benedict himself has not issued a Papal edict prohibiting the "contest."

The Catholic Church has a very real problem with sex in general and certainly with the sexuality of females---it's a power they always felt that had to quash and control---for many reasons.

It is an interesting development that this contest is taking place.

PS on the banning of the "too good" young pitcher--I had read a different version of that story elsewhere on the 'net and could not believe it---if the kid had wild and hard pitches--I could understand that he would be banned--but since he is such an apparently accomplished pitcher--it is sad he is being stymied--I hope he doesn't get disillusioned and give up on the game---if he keeps up with the sport and continues to improve his skills----he is no doubt destined for the Majors!! If he is flinging a ball at that speed at this age--how damn fast will he be able to pitch when he is 22??!!! He may have to watch it though---I would sure control his pitch count at this point and pay close attention to his pitching style to make sure it is not causing undue damage to his shoulder and arm.

The comment by the one league official that this particular league is about baseball development and exposure---having an 8 year old kid pitching the ball at the speeds he does would have to bring lots of attention to that league. The only real negative to this kid's abilties--as yet--there is no kid at that age who has any chance of hitting off pitches like that so----I guess I can understand that the parents of the kids who have to face this boy's pitching don't want to have the "positive self-image" of their kids damaged--since their kids will just stand there at the plate and in ten seconds are being called out on strikes.

"SSSSSSTTTEEEEEEERRRRRRIIIIIKKKEEEE YOURRRRR'RE OOOOOUUUTTT!!!!"

darkeyes
Aug 27, 2008, 3:00 PM
Actually--the core concept of what that priest proposed here is not all that bad----there is a general conception that nuns are unattractive females that might as well have gone to the convent since they were too ugly to ever get a man (don't mention that they might "at least" get another ugly woman)

I have seen some really pretty nuns over the years----they might not be beautiful in the more modern sense--- but they tend (at least when still young) to have beauty in a more traditional, classic sense.

I live in an area that has several concentrations of Old Order Amish and my goodness-----many of the Amish girls are downright beautful even though they wear those long old timey dresses, hair bonnets and don't use make up.

I am sure that the priest's efforts are raising consternation in some quarters in the Vatican though!! I am surprised that Pope Benedict himself has not issued a Papal edict prohibiting the "contest."

The Catholic Church has a very real problem with sex in general and certainly with the sexuality of females---it's a power they always felt that had to quash and control---for many reasons.

It is an interesting development that this contest is taking place.

God Voltie..thotta the Pope gettin it off ova the nun pics don bear thinkin bout....:tong:

notasockpuppet
Jul 17, 2009, 12:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7581039.stm
I always knew you were a 'flame-er'. It's ok, WE still love you :tong:

Can't we start a dialogue here without mentally comparing genitals?

No charge. Marinate on that for a bit, if you would.

graytwo
Jul 17, 2009, 1:08 AM
Being a Luther'cat or a Cather'lut - various x'cross overs between the BIG 2 out of 5 Faiths, go figure.

Must say, never seen a Nun in a Nun-kini. There's Victoria's Secret, pretty hot, but can't wait to see the Vatican's Secret collection. Hiedi Klum should watch out. :tongue: You never know what those Nuns will do.:2cents:

-graytwo

diB4u
Jul 17, 2009, 7:35 AM
OMG, a nun pagent, hmm, well thats a bit weird, but still...

But the whole idea is that nuns and priest obstain from earthly desires right?

A pagient is an earthly desire surely?

OR am i totally dillusional ?

Falke
Jul 17, 2009, 7:36 AM
For the contest I would have to enter Birmingham's "Jowley Nun"

http://satview.com.au/images/mother.jpg

:bigrin:

graytwo
Jul 17, 2009, 8:19 AM
For the contest I would have to enter Birmingham's "Jowley Nun"

http://satview.com.au/images/mother.jpg

:bigrin:

Gasp!!! She looks like the same one that had a big stick, smacked it on the table to get our attention. If we didn't listen, she'd pull the hair on the nape of our necks - that got boys and girls attention real quick. However, some of us were a bit dumber, having shorter hair than the girls, and she'd grab us by the shoulder, near the neck, and squeeze. That got our attention - really quick do to the MAJOR PAIN!

Here's the humor. In combat training - 1967 hand to hand, those spots were taught as an extremely effective use against an enemy to disable them if a weapon wasn't available.

In retrospect, them Nuns knew that technique all along. Smack the ruler!! Did the Nuns think we were the enemy in school? :)

-graytwo

sailin
Jul 17, 2009, 9:06 AM
Pope breaks wrist in fall during Alps vacation
82-year-old Benedict has so far been healthy during his 5-year pontificate

News today, probably just heard about the beauty contest