PDA

View Full Version : And now for something completely different...

vittoria
Aug 22, 2008, 4:20 PM
Happy 420 y'all

I've been feeling a bit better lately, thank you all very much :)

Here's something I want to share with you all... I hope you get a chance to watch it... before you go to sleep or if you get bored..all 91 minutes :)
(some MST3K:tong:)

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=mst3k&emb=0#

12voltman59
Aug 22, 2008, 7:39 PM
I miss that show--I loved their snappy comments like "Hey there are only white people in the 21st century" and "oh come on admit it---you know you are gay!!" :bigrin::bigrin:

I wish they would resurrect MST3K!!

Thanks for posting up the link Vi!!!

It really was something back in the time that video was made----my god was the box that everyone was supposed to fit in was so narrowly constrained!!

Things may be a bit more chaotic and confusing now--but I could not really have stood the oppressive nature of things back in those times and am glad I do live in this time.

powerstroked_guy
Aug 22, 2008, 8:42 PM
Now that was fun....hadn't seen that show in a long time. Pretty funny stuff. Thanks for the link!

Jp

ghytifrdnr
Aug 23, 2008, 2:11 AM
OMG! what a flashback.
I visited the Century 21 Expo when I was 16.

:eek:

Bluebiyou
Aug 23, 2008, 8:40 AM
Wow... I started watching about 8 hours ago... been laughing ever since.... Sampson vs. the vampire women... and a few others...
Thanks vittoria!

FalconAngel
Aug 23, 2008, 11:35 PM
Cross-dressing, Neo-Nazis, lesbian, bdsm fetishist, Jewish nuns........next Jerry Springer

elian
Aug 24, 2008, 8:02 AM
Geesh Vitt - that sure was SWELL!!

..I had to run right over to the Perlinger Archives on www.archive.org and watch somemore futurism movies - I did find some neat videos that explain what happens in 1950 when you ask the operator to toll dial a number for you.

..I had a similar experience when I went to EPCOT with some friends - I loved the architecture but everything had a "Corporate Sponsor" - "The Universe of Energy" - sponsored by "Exxon/Mobil" :)

"What about solar?" - "Oh gee, that's too expensive"
"What about wind?" - "That takes up too much space"
"What about oil?" - "Oh oil's great, no need to worry - we've got at least enough for the next 50-60 years - and we'll just drill for more!!"

..in case you'all didn't know - the "car of the future" is the Saturn Green Line Aura (tm) - I guess that for GM - that IS an innovative car.

Apparently the hall of "Innovation" has been turned into a daycare center..

At the IBM pavilion they were showing filled polygon demos 'ala 1994 Playstation - and you could play all the PIXAR software games you wanted. They DID have a surface'esque visual based touch computer.

I had to laugh at the "House of the Future" - they had a media center PC running Vista - was supposed to have speech recognition but the hostess couldn't get it to work. Shit, that's the "Future" ? I can almost do that right now at home with MythTV. They also had a bunch of digital musical instruments - like guitars and drums that make you think you know how to play music. The one thing that I saw that I like was kitchen cabinet doors and drawers that don't slam.

Did I miss something - maybe EPCOT has always been sort of like "The Price is Right" and I just didn't know. In the last few years it really seems like everyone wants to be entertained rather than EDUCATED.

Happy 420 y'all

I've been feeling a bit better lately, thank you all very much :)

Here's something I want to share with you all... I hope you get a chance to watch it... before you go to sleep or if you get bored..all 91 minutes :)
(some MST3K:tong:)

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=mst3k&emb=0#