PDA

View Full Version : Swingtown

guycurious
Aug 16, 2008, 4:29 PM
Anyone else addicted to this show ?

fairbankswingers
Aug 16, 2008, 4:59 PM
we cannot get it where we live...heard it was about swingers and wanted to see it, but cant...wonder why :rolleyes:

guycurious
Aug 16, 2008, 5:19 PM
I'm watching it on www.cbs.com right now. Now I need to figure out how to send the video from my computer to my TV.

FalconAngel
Aug 16, 2008, 6:12 PM
I've been watching it and it's okay......not nearly worth the hype, but not bad either.

Meinbruder
Aug 17, 2008, 12:10 AM
Ummm. What show?

Anyone else addicted to this show ?

Rambigent
Aug 17, 2008, 1:11 AM
My wife and I watch it - and have watched a couple of episodes with a couple we swing with, actually. We like it a lot, but it looks like the series won't last much longer - when CBS moved it to Friday nights at 11pm, "the time slot TV shows go to die", we knew it was in trouble.

The show is about swinging, but it's also a typical relationship-py family drama. I think having it be set in the 70's allows the characters to be portrayed as more sympathetic - for the most part the experienced "swinging" couple, the main protagonists who are expanding their horizons (through many ways including experimenting with swapping), and their vanilla friends are all portrayed pretty fairly. If anything, the show is biased towards the swingers, who's relationship seems to be stronger and more honest than the more conservative characters.

Also, my wife and I are both totally crushing on Grant Show. The man knows how to work the mustache!

Vikkster230
Aug 17, 2008, 2:10 AM
I like the shoe, the whole thing: the music, the culture, the disco scene as well as the whole swinging scene. I can't wait till each new episode.:tong:

dickhand
Aug 17, 2008, 10:11 AM
I like it alot and tape it to make sure I don't miss an episode . The swinging is nice and how it affects the family and friend relationships seems to be well done as well . The fact that it takes place during my high school years is a plus as well . Class of "76" here .

FalconAngel
Aug 17, 2008, 7:40 PM
The show is about swinging, but it's also a typical relationship-py family drama. I think having it be set in the 70's allows the characters to be portrayed as more sympathetic

The fact that it takes place in the 70's is perfect, but only because that is really when people started hearing about it, swing clubs began popping up like daisies and the "swingers" lifestyle began heading in the direction of being kind of considered mainstream (not that it is really mainstream, but is more acceptable than it would have been in the 50's or 60's).

Down here, there's one swinger's club that has been around for about 40 years in the same place. Of course, when it was first built, it was out in the middle of nowhere, but over the years, the city grew out to it.