PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Spots

em100
Jul 28, 2008, 7:38 AM
Hi All,

I just wanted to know if anyone had some good vacation spots. It looks like time to start planning with airfares being what they are.
Thanks a head of time for your input.
Eric

Bluebiyou
Jul 28, 2008, 8:06 AM
Depends on what you like, Eric.
Savanna, Georgia is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to, but the south is awfully hot until October.
The panhandle of Florida (Destin, Fort Walton Beach) is home to the most beautiful beaches in the 48.
The leaves turning along the Blue Ridge Parkway the 2 or 3rd week of October are stunning.
And this is only the east side of the Mississippi. You'll have to get someone else for the other side.

:)
Blue

CalanderGirl
Jul 28, 2008, 10:49 AM
Ever been to MN?! The north shore from Duluth on up hwy 61 is gorgeous this time of year through fall colors!! I love to stay at a B&B in Grand Marais MN called The MacAurthur House. It is run by a wonderful couple!!! If you want pics of the north shore just msg me :)

Mrs.F
Jul 28, 2008, 10:56 AM
Every other summer my husband's dad's side get's together at a resort (middle for everyone) in Arkansas. It's called "Tannenbaum resort" and is in Greers Fairy, Arkansas. It's probably 100 miles or so from Hot Springs, another one that is more touristy. There are many houses of all different sizes you can rent for a week. The bigger one's hold up to 15 people or more and do cost more but there are some smaller one's that are reasonbly priced. The houses have everything...all you bring is food, water, books, swim gear...etc.....They are all on a huge lake and it's great. There is a 18 hole golf course there too. We always have a blast when we go. I know you can google the site because I have before.

Good luck and have a great time. :bigrin:

onewhocares
Jul 28, 2008, 11:19 AM
I know that this may be a little too close to home....but what about the Cape. Lots of beautiful beaches and not a ton of money for gas....check out Provincetown.....great place for a bi man. Or Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket- you can get the ferry from Woods Hole.

Or what about Kenneybunkport, Maine or even drive up the coast of Maine to Booth Bay Harbor...One of our favorite spots is Camden....Norembega is a great place to stay.

Hope this helps Eric.

BiJoe696
Jul 28, 2008, 12:51 PM
What do you like to do on your vacation? That is the first question. Then would have some ideas

12voltman59
Jul 28, 2008, 2:24 PM
Having lived in the past in Savannah, Georgia---I do have to say it is a gorgeous town---lots of great places to eat, some good music and entertainment venues with lots going on--but as Blue said--it is hot this time of the year and now---its getting into the prime time of hurricane season and being on the Atlantic coast---Savannah could get at least a brush with some tropical storms now-it is probably best to wait till October and later when the humidity and heat break and the possibility of those storms goes away.

At this time of year--I have a few suggestions---up in Michigan along the great lakes---go to places like Mackinac or Mackinaw Island (known by both versions of this indian word)---it is a spectacular place to visit--there are no cars on the island and it is like a step back in time which is the theme of a nice movie shot there many years ago with the late Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour called "Somewhere in Time" that was filmed at the grand old hotel on the island.

Many of the other towns and cities along Lakes Michigan and Huron are really pretty and there are lots of nice little quaint inns and B&Bs to stay. Most of the towns have great restaurants, fun shops and boutiques and all sorts of summer season festivals.

Also---right next door to Michigan is Wisconsin. That state has lots of places to see as well that are gorgeous like the Wisconsin Dells.

http://www.world66.com/northamerica/unitedstates/michigan/mackinac_island

http://www.mackinacisland.net/

http://www.michigan.org/City/Default.aspx?city=g3265

http://wisdells.com/

http://www.travelwisconsin.com/

http://www.wistravel.com/

azcple03
Jul 28, 2008, 3:42 PM
Arizona is really beautiful everywhere you look its always something differnt weve been living here for a couple of years now an di love it during the winter flagstaff is really beautiful fromm all of the snow if you are into the westen thing you ought to check out tombstone stay at katies cozy cabins its really nice there good luck to your vacation :)

pandanightlife69
Jul 29, 2008, 12:11 AM
I absolutely love St. Martin and St. Thomas. I have been there twice and I have fallen in love with it. The beachs are clean and in St. Martin there is a clothing optional beach called Orient Beach. St. Thomas has great beaches as well and the shopping is great. I go on cruises that is how I seen these places. It is warm but not too humid. the water is crystal blue and cool. I would like to try somewhere cold for a change but not sure where. I hope that helped.;)

acerview2
Jul 30, 2008, 1:15 PM
Siesta Key, florida on the Gulf of Mexico. "Looking for my lost shaker of salt".

12voltman59
Jul 30, 2008, 9:07 PM
I don't know if you get there that often but being in Mass---go up to Cape Ann--of the two big capes in Mass-that one is the one less traveled--I always loved to stay in Gloucester and Rockport and if you haven't gone to see it--go to Hammond Castle--I can't believe how many people I have talked to from Mass who have never paid a visit to that great home made in the form of a castle.

AFTER9
Sep 22, 2008, 9:32 AM
Hi All,

I just wanted to know if anyone had some good vacation spots. It looks like time to start planning with airfares being what they are.
Thanks a head of time for your input.
Eric

I see no one mentioned the west coast, Portland, Seattle, or any points around there. Lots to do and see and a larger # of open minded people than you would find in most places.

zanybrainy
Sep 22, 2008, 10:23 PM
Just to let ya know-----

The Weather Is Perfect In Savannah This Week!!!!!

Y'all come on down!

:cool:

Toad82
Sep 23, 2008, 12:31 AM
My kind of vacation would be to fly into Seattle, WA and then drive over to the 101. From there drive south, taking in all of the Washington, Oregon, and maybe the Californian coast as well. It is beautiful around here. Then catch a flight out wherever you end up.

If that’s not what you looking for, Vegas has always been one of my favorite out of town destinations.

RJ:lokai: