PDA

View Full Version : The moonlanding was a myth!

rissababynta
Jul 19, 2008, 11:53 PM
Couldn't help myself :tongue:

Annika L
Jul 20, 2008, 12:47 AM
That is exactly the kind of paranoid rant I would expect to hear from a left-wingnut religious zealot!

Science has proven conclusively, using sophisticated models and scientific equations, that man has landed on the moon. And what's more, I saw a documentary once that said that it was Americans who did it (God bless us)!

Oh, yeah, and anyone who disagrees with me is clearly an idiot! This is the kind of thinking that comes from looking for facts in books instead of just using common sense!

Just consider, if man never landed on the moon, then how is there a Man in the Moon? Huh?

Also, with all the craters on the moon, man must have been up there! We're the only ones who could wreak such destruction! They were probably drilling for oil!

I look forward to seeing this debate unfold.

mindfinding
Jul 20, 2008, 12:48 AM
Japan sent a satellite to take pictures of the moon. The same kind you can see the print on a newspaper from space....they did not send pictures from the "lunar lander", or the flag, or the "landing spot".

So, hmmmmmmm

FalconAngel
Jul 20, 2008, 1:44 AM
Okay, now we are just getting silly.:wacko::yikes2:

frenchvikki
Jul 20, 2008, 8:20 AM
My father, a very religous, often stern but always humerous highlandman always used to say in his quirky and soft spoken lilt that God is having a joke and we are all figments of his and our own imagination.

FalconAngel
Jul 20, 2008, 10:41 AM
My father, a very religous, often stern but always humerous highlandman always used to say in his quirky and soft spoken lilt that God is having a joke and we are all figments of his and our own imagination.

Interesting.......existentialism taken to the next level.

NumberSix
Jul 20, 2008, 12:23 PM
Oh, yeah, and anyone who disagrees with me is clearly an idiot!

I'm not going to get in this debate, except I had to react at this statement.

If you truly believe what you're saying there, then you're the only idiot.

jamieknyc
Jul 20, 2008, 1:21 PM
It is amazing how people take the first post seriously, when it was obviously meant in a tongue-in-cheek way.

chulainn2
Jul 20, 2008, 1:43 PM
Okay, now we are just getting silly.:wacko::yikes2:

so true falcon! i does not take a rocket scientist to realize that the us govenment is not capable of pulling off a hoax without someone leaking it. how many people were employed with nasa at the time?

mindfinding
Jul 20, 2008, 2:20 PM
its an interesting topic with many good points on both sides.

I know its an attempt at humor for the ts, but,...this is a very serious topic for many people.

jamieknyc
Jul 20, 2008, 3:14 PM
One of the moon landing conspiracy nuts once tried to confront Buzz Aldrin. Aldrin punched him.

chulainn2
Jul 20, 2008, 4:00 PM
lol, jamie, i love it!

jd1300
Jul 20, 2008, 4:35 PM
We landed on the Moon ? heee heee, was there any oil there ?:three::

chulainn2
Jul 20, 2008, 5:17 PM
We landed on the Moon ? heee heee, was there any oil there ?:three::

i think that would require animal life and if there was, we should drill it dry!!

welickit
Jul 20, 2008, 5:41 PM
We have several crater front properties still available. Send a small down payment and we will work out the terms. Call now, operators are waiting. This is a limited time offer. VISA & MasterCard only. Lunar law prohibits California residents and/or employees of Lunar Lunatics from applying. Full moon applicants will get special handling and feeling.

Doggie_Wood
Jul 20, 2008, 7:28 PM
We have several crater front properties still available. Send a small down payment and we will work out the terms. Call now, operators are waiting. This is a limited time offer. VISA & MasterCard only. Lunar law prohibits California residents and/or employees of Lunar Lunatics from applying. Full moon applicants will get special handling and feeling.

I'm holding on to my dark quarter of the moon and am only going to lease small tracts for condos, office strip malls and parking lots.

If interested in procuring such a spot, feel free to contact me.

Notice:This does not infer that a contract has been made. Please read the fine print below.
:tong:
..>,,.,...,<,.,,..,.,,,,....,>,.,<.,..,....<<.,.<.>,>,.,>,.,.<<,,,.,....

:doggie:

chulainn2
Jul 20, 2008, 7:30 PM
wellickit, we need to buy acres!, i see moon condos... just look at the beautiful view of earth.
and lets not forget on the moon, we must think green, no hummers or suvs.
man made lunar warming, all we need is a spotted owl. safe bet the enviro shit heads will try to declare the moon a pristine enviroment and try to block drilling on the moon.

jamieknyc
Jul 20, 2008, 8:46 PM
wellickit, we need to buy acres!, i see moon condos... just look at the beautiful view of earth.
and lets not forget on the moon, we must think green, no hummers or suvs.
man made lunar warming, all we need is a spotted owl. safe bet the enviro shit heads will try to declare the moon a pristine enviroment and try to block drilling on the moon.

Unless I am mistaken, you are a realtor. Are you licensed on the moon?

Annika L
Jul 20, 2008, 9:43 PM
I'm not going to get in this debate, except I had to react at this statement.

If you truly believe what you're saying there, then you're the only idiot.

LOL, the *only* idiot? If I truly believed anything I said in my first post, that would be going way too far!

rissababynta
Jul 20, 2008, 9:50 PM
You guys crack me up :bigrin:

chulainn2
Jul 20, 2008, 10:23 PM
jamie, we need an attorney, so your on board any idea about licensings on the moon? my gf is hi up in the texas bar, but she can not say where we stand on the moon.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 21, 2008, 12:57 AM
Drilling for oil on the Moon? Nope nope nope. They tried it on Armageddon and look where That got them! lol
Cat

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 21, 2008, 12:58 AM
Oh and PS... I think its a Mythtake for them to Try too....lol
Cat

vittoria
Jul 21, 2008, 9:09 AM
That is exactly the kind of paranoid rant I would expect to hear from a left-wingnut religious zealot!

Science has proven conclusively, using sophisticated models and scientific equations, that man has landed on the moon. And what's more, I saw a documentary once that said that it was Americans who did it (God bless us)!

Oh, yeah, and anyone who disagrees with me is clearly an idiot! This is the kind of thinking that comes from looking for facts in books instead of just using common sense!

Just consider, if man never landed on the moon, then how is there a Man in the Moon? Huh?

Also, with all the craters on the moon, man must have been up there! We're the only ones who could wreak such destruction! They were probably drilling for oil!

I look forward to seeing this debate unfold.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahah
!!!

vittoria
Jul 21, 2008, 9:11 AM
Drilling for oil on the Moon? Nope nope nope. They tried it on Armageddon and look where That got them! lol
Cat

ANd in the remake of the movie "Time Machine" they tried to dynamite sections of the moon to make hotels and business and the moon blew up because there was no gravity holding it together...

12voltman59
Jul 21, 2008, 2:44 PM
Yeah it was a hoax--the scenes for the ships were done on a Hollywood back lot and the moon landing part was shot in Utah!!! :bigrin::bigrin:

frenchvikki
Jul 21, 2008, 3:23 PM
My ex husband promised me the moon. I landed with a bump. The bump was no myth for the promise fell flat on its face.

chulainn2
Jul 21, 2008, 3:35 PM
My ex husband promised me the moon. I landed with a bump. The bump was no myth for the promise fell flat on its face.

well at least you didnt land in utah

chook
Jul 21, 2008, 6:08 PM
I just want to know if the fucking thing is made of moldy green cheese?????

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

jamieknyc
Jul 21, 2008, 6:37 PM
I just want to know if the fucking thing is made of moldy green cheese?????

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

Don't try fucking on the Moon. In reduced gravity, your erection will become the size of a baseball bat!

Rambigent
Jul 21, 2008, 7:06 PM

Actually, an acre on the moon only costs $20. Check it out :

www.lunarembassy.com (http://www.lunarembassy.com)

(Totally NOT spamming! I have nothing to do with these guys! :tong: )

FalconAngel
Jul 21, 2008, 8:26 PM
On the subject of astronautics related conspiracy theory:

The federal government says that UFO's don't exist. If they don't exist, then why does the Federal government have Title 14,Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16 1969, making it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

Something to think about, huh?

Guess the government can't keep a secret that big after all.

Rambigent
Jul 21, 2008, 11:23 PM
So does that mean if I get abducted by extraterrestrials, upon my return I could then be arrested for having contact? No fair!

Hmmm, I wonder which is worse, being probed by extraterrestrials or by Bubba in Cell 3....

wolfcamp
Jul 22, 2008, 12:44 AM
Don't try fucking on the Moon. In reduced gravity, your erection will become the size of a baseball bat!

Don't forget that if an erection lasts longer than 4 hours you are supposed to call a doctor.

FalconAngel
Jul 22, 2008, 1:05 AM
Don't forget that if an erection lasts longer than 4 hours you are supposed to call a doctor.

I think that, because it's on the moon, if it lasts more than 12 hours.......remember that the moon only has 1/3 of Earth's gravity.

12voltman59
Jul 22, 2008, 2:22 PM
Actually, an acre on the moon only costs $20. Check it out :

www.lunarembassy.com (http://www.lunarembassy.com)

(Totally NOT spamming! I have nothing to do with these guys! :tong: )

They just had one of those humorous reports by Bill Geist on this past weekend's CBS News Sunday Morning show.

Very funny!!

I went to the Sunday Morning website but they don't have video of that story--neither did YouTube. Bummer!!!