PDA

View Full Version : Favorite lines from movies

12voltman59
Dec 21, 2005, 8:19 PM
Here's another thread that I hope will be fun: What are your favorite movie lines? (they don't have to be word for word--close enough for government work will do)

For some of the lines I may have forgotten the movies themselves, but here are a few lines to start us out:

"What we have here--is a failure to communicate!!!!!" Strother Martin as the warden in "Cool Hand Luke" talking about Luke's (a young Paul Newman) refusual to be a good little boy.

"My father made the man a proposition--either your signature or your brains will be on that contract," Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) explaining the family "bidness" to his future bride Kay (Diane Keaton)

"Badges--we don't need no stinkin' badges..." hell I forget which one that is from but I have always loved the line.

Here is a new one: ''Lord Vader....rise...."

The biggie one of all time: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"--need I say anything more about this line, for everyone should know the actor, the character, the movie and that scene....!!!!!!

I do love the movie from whence this incorrectly stated line comes (Casablanca)--but I have to admit that I don't know the correct way by heart, but Humphrey Bogart never did say "Play it again, Sam." I do love the line about "of all the crummy gin joints in all the world..."

It is more of a yelp than anything, but I loved the scene that ends "Dr. Strangelove" in which the Slim Pickens chararcter bronco rides the "A-bomb" to oblivion to end the movie.

Here is an obscure line from a rather recent movie that is one of my faves. The movie is Lawerence Kasdan's mid-90s flick "Grand Canyon." It starred Kevin Kline, Steve Martin, Danny Glover, and I have a hard time remembering this actresses name-she played with Costner in "Dances with Wolves" and is the President on the new Battlestar Galactica on the Sci-Fi channel.

Steve Martin's character in the film was the producer of violent films--and for a time in the flick--he decides to make "good films" after he had been shot in a robbery attempt--his line that I loved as he said it: "All of life's mysteries can be solved at the movies."

I don't know if that is really so-but like good music--good movies do help to make a bit better sense of things.

OK folks--get the brains working and let's see some of your favorite cinematic lines....

m.in.heels&hose
Dec 21, 2005, 11:42 PM
wow this could be alot of fun

john belushi in animal house when the found out they were all expelled "did we sit around when the germans attacked pearl harbor"

jeff bridges from the movie hard driver (relased as last american hero) telling his mother about how he drives on the race track, "if they dont want to get out of my way, i'll push them out of my way"

michael keaton in johnny dangerously, when the doctor told him him mother needed to have her salivary glands operated on " ahh well, it'll be good to see her spit again"
also from the same movie (johnny dangerously) joe piscapo telling "johnny" (who had just hung him on a coat peg) "its not nice to hang me on a the back of a door johnny, my mother done that once,..... ONCE"

from american graffitti when john milner(paul lemat) was telling curt henderson (richard dryfuss) "that if they cant find me to race, then they aint worrth racing, right?" milner was talking about bob falfa who was played by harrison ford

in bad news bears tanner boil yelling at the other team (who had just won the championship) "you can take that trophy and shove it straight up your ass"

bill murray in meatballs giving his camp his pep talk about the yearly games with a rival camp " IT JUST DOESNT MATTER, if they have better equipment, IT JUST DOESNT MATTER, if they have stonger guys, IT JUST DOESNT MATTER,IT JUST DOESNT MATTER"
thats all i can think of right now, but i'll be visiting this thread again LOL

m.in.heels&hose

JohnnyV
Dec 22, 2005, 2:08 AM
From Big Business, the late 1980s:

The Assistant: There's a problem with our latest drug products. In tests they've caused genetic mutations in laboratory rats.

Bette Midler, the CEO: Find tougher rats.

allbimyself
Dec 22, 2005, 7:55 PM
Since Arana mentioned Real Genius:

"You ARE Michael Knight?"
"I hope so I'm wearing his underwear."

Didn't you also mention Big Jake in another thread?

"Now YOU understand something. If anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobody's fault, it doesn't matter, I'm gonna blow your head off. It's as simple as that."

Young Frankenstein: "That's Frahnkensteen."

History of the World Part I:
"Give to Oedipus!"
"Hey, mother fucker!"

"Bob! Oh, Bob! Do I have any openings this man might fit?"

"Your majesty, you look like the piss boy."

Blazing Saddles:
"Is it true what the say about you people?" (pause) "OH! It's true! IT'S TRUE."
"Let go of my arm, baby."

"Are we awake?"
"I'm not sure. Are we black?"
"Yes we are."

"I think Mongo's got a thing for you."
"Awwwww. Mongo straight!"

Dogma: "No ticket."

Jaws: "We need a bigger boat."

Some stupid teenage hormone movie i don't remember the name of:
"Would you like to go out sometime?"
"Get lost!"
"Well, I suppose a blow job is out of the question then."
"Not necessarily."

wanderingrichard
Dec 22, 2005, 9:26 PM
" A blind man ain't got no business at the movies"
Red Foxx, Harlem Nights..

Flounder1967
Dec 22, 2005, 11:01 PM
Animal House

Kevin Bacon's chartacher getting into the presoious Frat:
"Thank you sir may I have another"

Delta Chi House pledge acceptance
Bluto:"Your name is Flounder"
Flounder:"Why Flounder"
Bluto: Burp "Why not"

After getting he horse in the Dean's Office
Bluto:"There are blanks in the gun right"
Crash Nods Yes
Bang Horse keels over and dies

In the dean's office after failing all the exams
Dean Werner yelling at the group:"So do you have anything to say"
Flounder then vomits over Dean

Airplane
Stewartess talking to the doctor Leslie Neilsen
Doctor:"We need to get that man to the hospital"
Stewartess says in shock:"Hospital What is it"
Doctor:"It a big building with sick pwople in it, but that not impartant right now"

Doctor talking to the Hero pilot
Doctor:"You must land this palne it our only hope"
Hero:"Surely, you must be kidding"
Doctor:"No I'm not and don't call me Shurrley"

Boggie Nights
Dirk Diggler talking to the record Producer about wanting his song tape
Producer:"You want the tapes pay me the money. If you don't the the money that's yp (your problem). That's not mp (My problem)"
Dirk Digggler:"Mp Yp I don;t understand these music jargan. I just want my tapes."

wanderingrichard
Dec 22, 2005, 11:49 PM
" Somebody scratch my baaaalllllllsss!!!!""- Cheech Marin, nice dreams?

mn freak
Dec 23, 2005, 12:47 AM
I'm a BIG John Carpenter fan. The best line in any of his movies is from "They Live",by 80's wrestling star "Rowdy" Roddy Piper."I have come here to chew bubbegum & kick ass.And I'm all out of bubbegum."Very cheesy line,but it put's a smile on my face when I hear it.

My all time favorite line would have to be from "Day Of The Dead" (both versions)."When there's nomore room in hell,the dead will walk the earth" that line still chills me everytimeI hear it.The actor,Ken Foree,Had the chance to repete the same line in the 2004 remake aswell.
:flag2: :2cents:

usedbear1950
Dec 23, 2005, 1:05 AM
OK here goes:
"Louie, this could be the begining of a wonderful friendship" last line of Casablanca...added after editing.

When asked his nationality, Rick responds, "I'm a drunk."
Louie,"I guess that makes Rick A citizen of the world."
Casablanca

"You know how to whistle Steve, don't you? Just put your lips together and blow" To Have And Have Not

"It''s the thing dreams of made off." Sam Spade describing the Maltese Falcon.

"If it ain't WHAM it ain't ham." Mr. Blanding's Builds his Dream House.

"Does your dog bite."
"No."
Pets dog and gets bitten.
"I thought you said your dog doesn't bite!"
"That's not my dog." One of the Pink Panther movies.

"The furher was kind man, a genlte man." The Producers (original movie)

"Vat is dis baby, the furher never said baby." Ibid

"I lieb you baby, I lieb...now lieb me alone" Ibid

"Who dat?" answer "Who dat?" "Who dat say who dat when I say who dat?" any Charlie Chan movie with Rochester.

"Fuck the fucking Diaz brothers." Scarface

"Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me." Mae West to Cary Grant in 'She Done Him Wrong"

"Beulah, peel me a grape." Ibid

"When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better." Ibid

More to cum

Great thread 12volt

nubiwoman
Dec 23, 2005, 3:10 PM
'damaged people are dangerous because they know they can survive'

strikes a chord with me... but for the life of me i can't remember which film it's from...

can anyone help?

cheers jx

wanderingrichard
Dec 24, 2005, 12:42 AM
" that's correct, Mr. Peck has no dick" - Bill Murray, Ghostbusters

" I'm not bad, i'm just drawn that way" - Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit

"yes'm, miss daisy"

huneypot
Dec 24, 2005, 1:00 AM
from Shrek 2, by Donkey.

"Hey,Hey,HEy, was happnin Everybody?"

God i love that Donkey

:tongue:

csrakate
Dec 24, 2005, 3:11 AM
Animal House:
Otter: "Flounder, you can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You fucked up - you trusted us!"

A Few Good Men:
Kaffee:"I want the truth!" Jessep: "You can't handle the truth!"

Citizen Kane:
Charles Foster Kane: "Rosebud!"

Psycho:
Norman Bates: "A boy's best friend is his mother."

Gone With the Wind:
Scarlett: "Fiddle-dee-dee. War, war, war; this war talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this spring. I get so bored I could scream."

Scarlett: "Sir, you are no gentleman."
Rhett Butler: "And you, Miss, are no lady."

And my very favorite from this movie:

Scarlett: "As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again!"

laidback
Dec 24, 2005, 9:54 AM
from Young Frankenstein...'Abby someone' Yes Abby Normal' getting the monsters brain from the brain bank lmao

ibd Oh I don't know a little paint a few throw pillows when they first discover the la bor a tory have to say it that way hehe

ibib going up the stairs behind cloris leachman stay close to the light the stairs can be treacherous

Put the candle back! lol stuck in the library door... love that movie
Nice knockers... Sank you doctor looking at the door knockers as her tits are in his face lol

you take the blonde I'll take the one in the turban lol

ah sweet mystery of lif at last I've found you! lol

Oh just like you men 5 six times then off with the boys oh god I think I love him after the monster has ravished her lol

OralBradley
Dec 28, 2005, 1:40 PM
One of the best has to be from Monty Python's Life of Brian. He opens the window for some fress air after sleeping with the girl and the crowd exhorts him to give us a sign. He responds that he is not who thay think he is and that they must think for themselves. Their mass response is Tell us what to think for ourselves, much like all too many today.

tom_uk
Jan 18, 2006, 6:43 PM
.... is this as good as it gets ......

As Good As It Gets, Jack Nicholson

fxd2250
Jan 19, 2006, 3:16 AM
"The Caine Mutiny"
"...and I was to be blamed for Mr. Merrick's incompetence! Ahhh, but the key, that's where I had them. I proved it, by using logic and geometric proportions...and ...and I would have produced that key if the Caine hadn't been pulled out of action. I....(glazed stare of confusion with ensuing pause) Of course I can only remember so much. Just ask me specific questions and I'll answer them, one at a time...(rattle, rattle, rattle...)."

"The Day The Earth Stood Still"
"Gort. Klatuu. Barata. Nictoe."

"Easy Rider"
"Well George, have you got a helmet?"
"A helmet? Oh, I've got a helmet. I've got a real beauty!"

"Butch Cassady and The Sundance Kid"
"Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?"

(ibid)
"C'mon, it'll be all right...if we don't get squished to death."
"No."
"Why?"
"One shot, that's all I want."
"Why, Kid?"
"Because I CAN'T SWIM!"
(hysterical laughter)
"So? The fall will probably kill us."
"ooo...ooo...ooO..OOOooOOO...SHHHHIIIIIT!"

"The Right Stuff"
"Well, looky here. We're competing with Archie and Jughead."

kcunderwhere
Jan 20, 2006, 1:14 PM
Bad Taste -

"I'm a Derek...Dereks don't run."

Ashoka & Kaurwaki
Jan 20, 2006, 3:03 PM
"You'll find that many of the truth's we cling to depend on a certian point of view." - Return of the Jedi

"The rest is silence" Hamlet V,ii

"Caw, Caw, Bang, Fuck I'm dead." - The Crow

"The first time she left, she never looked back" - Asoka

"Mein Hoon Na (I'm Here Now)" - Mein Hoon Na

Just a start ;)

meteast chick
Jan 20, 2006, 3:34 PM
My absolute favorites are in this order:

1) Gone With the Wind: "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin no babies Miss Scarlett"

2) Mommy Dearest: "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!"

3) Airplane!: "Surely you can't be serious" "Don't call me Shirley"

4) Annie Hall: "Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love"

5) Silence of the Lambs: "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti"

glantern954
Jan 21, 2006, 1:01 PM
AIRPLANE

Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

glantern954
Jan 21, 2006, 1:04 PM
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark

"Here's to my big openeing!"

(snickering in background)

"I mean, err...ohh forget it."

codybear3
Jan 21, 2006, 1:29 PM
In the movie "Easy Rider" when Billy (Dennis Hopper) and George (Jack Nicholson) are talking about "individual freedom" and the dangers smalltown southerners pose to hippies....

George: "....but when they see a free individual, it scares them."

Billy: "Yeah? Well it don't make 'em running scared."

George: "No...It makes them dangerous..."

espy20
Jan 21, 2006, 7:40 PM
I gotta admit, I feel like a baby next to everyone. All these old movies, can't say I've seen them all, however I enjoy the lines from "Gone with the Wind". But I rather enjoy lines from comedies, mostly Kevin Smith movies (Mallrats, Clerks, Chasing Amy, etc." Here are a few I love...
Mallrats
"You dumb bastard, that's not a scooner it's a sailboat"
"A scooner is a sailboat stupid head!"
"Ya know what?!?! There is no Easter Bunny, over there that's just a guy in a suit!"
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
"One night me and Lunchbox are out macking some chick and she's like 'Oooh I wanna suck those guys dicks off' and she's like, 'what's your names?' and I'm like Jay and Silent Bob, recognize and she's like 'oh I read on the Internet that you two are a couple of bunch of fuckin jerkoffs' then she goes sucks two other guys dicks off instead, well fuck that. We gotta put a stop to these hateful sons of bitches before they ruin our good names!"

And from one of the best movies of all time...
Scarface
"You all a bunch of fuckin assholes! You know why? Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin fingers and say that's the bad guy. So, what does that make you? Good? You're not good, you just know how to hide and how to lie. Me? I don't have that problem. Me? I always tell the truth, even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy, come on, the last time you gonna see a bad guy likes this again, let me tell you. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy coming through, better get outta his way!"

These are just a couple things that I think are great. Would love to hear more! oxoxo

Fresia
Apr 8, 2015, 1:32 PM
Bump it up!

Melody Dean
Apr 8, 2015, 5:11 PM
"Caw, Caw, Bang, Fuck I'm dead." - The Crow

Good one. I also like from The Crow: "This is the really real world, man!"

Melody Dean
Apr 8, 2015, 5:14 PM
Speaking of Dr. Strangelove: "There's no fighting in the War Room!"

johnnyeasy
Apr 8, 2015, 10:48 PM
Well Dr Jones........buy a trinket for $5.00....bury it for a thousand years......and men will kill for it! Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark.

"Well......okay......the niggers can stay at rock ridge...but NO IRISH! (Everyone: blacks, Asians and townfolk she their head in agreement." Blazing Saddles..written by Richard Pryor.

blatant_bi_guy
Apr 9, 2015, 2:05 AM
Best line in any John Carpenter flick (and for that matter, any movie period) is Kurt Russell:

"Son of a Bitch must pay."

ghmutt1986
Apr 9, 2015, 9:21 AM
I know this is racist but one of my favorite lines from Full Mental Jacket is "Half these gook whores are VC the other half have TB. Make sure you only fuck the ones that cough."
Another line I like is from Animal House when Dean Wormer says to Flounder "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life, son" I always thought that would look great on a t-shirt.