PDA

View Full Version : Personal question

Raggededge
Jul 9, 2008, 6:56 PM
My wife and I had great relationships with other couples sexually for around a three year period. There were bi-moments and both really enjoyed it. Five years ago my wife got breast cancer and had a breast removed. We decided that breast reconstruction was not an option. Both of us have no problem with this and she is as lovely to me today as the day I met her.

We have over the last 5 years continued to have a sexual relationship with close friends, one couple but we both miss the lifestyle we had five years ago. Both of us are still attractive and very fit for our age. 56 and 52.

We are thinking of posting a personal but do not know how people would react as it is a touchy subject to some. Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks

BareHunter45
Jul 9, 2008, 7:00 PM
My opinion (for what it is worth)...if they do not accept you for who you are...they are not worth having as friends or worth playing with, IMHO. It would not stop us (in fact I need to go back to your add and see if you are close to us)!

Good luck!

Bill and Janet

My wife and I had great relationships with other couples sexually for around a three year period. There were bi-moments and both really enjoyed it. Five years ago my wife got breast cancer and had a breast removed. We decided that breast reconstruction was not an option. Both of us have no problem with this and she is as lovely to me today as the day I met her.

We have over the last 5 years continued to have a sexual relationship with close friends, one couple but we both miss the lifestyle we had five years ago. Both of us are still attractive and very fit for our age. 56 and 52.

We are thinking of posting a personal but do not know how people would react as it is a touchy subject to some. Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks

12voltman59
Jul 9, 2008, 8:03 PM
I don't think that you have to disclose in a personal ad the fact your life lost a breast due to breast cancer--but maybe mention it when you are checking the people who respond out--and if they can't accept it --then they are so shallow and unreasonable people that they don't deserve your friendship or your sexual favors--people of your age group, which are reasonably your best candidates, who are worth their salt are not going to have any problem with the fact your wife is sans one breast---that is life and it's not something that you can change--be thankful your life made it through her cancer--my mom's sister died of it many years ago when she was only 32 years of age leaving three young children behind---your wife should be proud that all she lost was a breast when she could have lost her life.

Another aspect of cancer to consider---its not like it is something that is communicable like an STD---

If a couple has trouble with the fact your wife had cancer--forget them and move on.

I am glad for you and your wife that she survived her cancer.

Have fun playing with someone new.

FalconAngel
Jul 9, 2008, 10:21 PM
Volty and Barehunter both have very good points.

You should be honest.

Put in the fact that your wife has had a mastectomy if you want to, but it really isn't critical until someone contacts you to play.
It won't make any difference to the ones that you would want to play with and the ones that can't deal with it......well, they aren't for you anyway, so they become unimportant to you for play and do not come into the equation.

rissababynta
Jul 9, 2008, 11:41 PM
Personally, I think that many people here are not THAT shallow and they usually look at the chemistry that they have with others.

Put up an ad. If people are not into the whole idea of being with a woman wh has lost a breast, then they won't respond. If they don't mind, then they will. You'll know the people who are worth it.

The worst that will happen is that no one will respond and then you will have nothing to do but post to forums and chat...like me...because no one thinks I'm intersting :-P

bikentuck
Jul 10, 2008, 12:31 AM
My wife was also diagnosed with Breast Cancer & had a double Mastectomy.
Our situation is a bit diferent as she has lost her sex drive.
I have had other bi males over & she has participated in oral sex a couple of times.
To answer you request....I made it clear that she had had a double mastectomy & if that posed a problem, not to reply.
We have had NO problem with any responses.
Good Luck

bityme
Jul 10, 2008, 2:49 AM

Thanks

Having lost two wives to cancer, I would advise you to go for it. Life is too short to give up the possibility of pleasures you enjoy.

You may find, like we did, that anyone who would avoid you in swinging or bi activities is also likely to avoid you in normal social activities. Those that do not pay attention to the physical are also the ones who are able to open themselves up and become great friends.

The fact that the decision about reconstruction was made by both of you is fantastic. It accentuates the love you have for each other and shows all the depth of your ability to care for each other as well as friends and family.

For what it means, my :2cents: is don't hold back on the possibility of making new friends and expanding friendships. There is always the possibility of set backs and rejection, but overall you will probably find some true friends. Go forth and live you life to the fullest. :)

welickit
Jul 10, 2008, 5:34 PM
Live for today as who you are. Tomorrow may never come, enjoy today. We wouldn't see it as an issue. Some swingers are seeking perfection in a physical appearance others are seeking mutual friendship and pleasures as friends regardless of all else.

Gina7777
Jul 10, 2008, 9:59 PM
Hi. I definitely think you should post a personal ad. and just mention that your wife has had one breast removed. No need to mention the cancer, although most people will know that was the cause. The reason I say that is so that those who are "squeamish" about such things just will not respond and that will save you being hurt further down the line.

Thank you for reminding me - I have now added to my profile that I have scarring on my abdomen. This is also through cancer, but I don't want to go into illnesses etc. - but would rather people are prepared for it than experience rejection or see any sort of look of horror when/if we meet.

So there are quite a few of us who have faced cancer and come through and still have a rampant raging libido! There's nothing like a lovely bit of sex to confirm to you that you are well and truly alive! :tongue:;)

onewhocares
Jul 10, 2008, 10:04 PM
I guess for me, one who never shares a photo of myself right off the bat, nor do I wish to get one, I want to get the know the person first. Becoming involved with someone for me means getting to know what is inside them, what inspires them, makes the love and makes them smile. To me, it would not make a difference if I had become friends and cared about the person what distractions they may have be it a missing breast, missing fingers, a penis that does not work all that well, amoung other things.

As others have mentioned....live for today for our time upon this earth is short and many should enjoy the pleasure of your wifes company, her strength and beauty, inside and out.

Belle

curious1also
Jul 10, 2008, 11:20 PM
its just this easy(altho most things are'nt) this is who you and your wife have become, and your still the same people at the core. so yes, if they have a problem with it, then its just that, their problem. if their that shallow, then you dont need them, you have eachother. plain and simple

Tim

Raggededge
Jul 11, 2008, 6:35 PM
Thank you for all your posts. It is great to hear from so many honest and caring people. You really have helped. Looking forward to posting a personal.

As many of you have discovered, (from reading your posts) life is short, keeping it filled to the brim is really important. We truly are lucky.

It is great to have found this site.
Thanks,

Ragged

Raggededge
Jul 14, 2008, 8:46 PM
Finally figured out how to post our personal add.
Here is the link.
US (http://main.bisexual.com/forum/member.php?u=84578)

Thanks again for all your words.

FalconAngel
Jul 14, 2008, 9:04 PM
Finally figured out how to post our personal add.
Here is the link.
US (http://main.bisexual.com/forum/member.php?u=84578)

Thanks again for all your words.

Well done ad. Much luck to you both.

onewhocares
Jul 15, 2008, 7:31 PM
I think your profile is very well done....You both should be proud....both of you are very attractive.

12voltman59
Jul 16, 2008, 4:53 PM
I think your profile is very well done....You both should be proud....both of you are very attractive.

Ditto, Belle---I concur entirely with what you posted!!

Good luck and have fun guys--and of course---play safe!!