PDA

View Full Version : Pride Day Events

jamieknyc
Jun 29, 2008, 10:05 PM
Did anyone attend or participate in a Pride Day event today?

I caught some of the New York City parade, until a tremendous thunderstorm washed it out.

Biboz49
Jun 29, 2008, 11:09 PM
We were at the pride parade in Toronto today. We've been going for a few years but this year it was packed with people. It was a great time as it always has been.

swag85
Jun 30, 2008, 12:45 AM
ours here in victoria is, next weekend. were gonna follow the parade, and make our way down to the festivities, and of course the beer grden. cant wait. breakin out the bi flag, for sure.

RockGardener
Jun 30, 2008, 11:53 AM
We were at St Pete Pride. It is supposed to be the biggest fest in FL. We had a grand time and got to help carry the world's longest Pride Flag. It is at least 5 blocks long (1/2 mile, 1 km).

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 30, 2008, 1:32 PM
We got to see the tail-end of the Pride Parade and Bike ride here in Olympia Wa, but because of my sis being ill from her cancer meds, we couldnt stay and walk around to see all of the booths, the feast or much else. Ahh well...theres next year! :}:bipride:
Cat

srladysmith
Jun 30, 2008, 2:44 PM
Yes, I was in NYC yesterday. Yes, we had on huge storm and some smaller ones later on. ( Bad choice of clothes, white tee shirt, oh well). The parade when on for hours even after the city reopen 5th Ave to Cross traffic. The only thing was there was nothing organized for before or after the parade. No GLBT vendors or the like, no place to met others you did not come with, this was an issue for me as I went alone. (My choice needed a day just or me and as hubby is straight seemed a good choice) I was sad to see so few women involved the the after parties, many men, many dressed more fem than me, some with bigger breasts than me but I am confident I was the only one without a dick. Their were so many police, at first I was not sure if they were there to protect us or others from us but they were great. I was also very happy to see parents marching with there young children, back in the day some of us worried about being outed and losing our kids but that is another thread topic.

All in all a great time in NYC maybe next time a group from here could meet see the parade together.

srladysmith
Jun 30, 2008, 2:48 PM
Did anyone attend or participate in a Pride Day event today?

I caught some of the New York City parade, until a tremendous thunderstorm washed it out.

We did not get washed out we all got wet but the parade went on. The pier was jam packed.

Fire Lotus
Jun 30, 2008, 4:01 PM
bearlybent and I were in the Toronto Pride parade yesterday. It rained in the morning but the weather gods smiled on us (no rain) when we marched. Mega crowds of spectators. It was a blast!

bearisbare
Jun 30, 2008, 8:10 PM
bearlybent and I were in the Toronto Pride parade yesterday. It rained in the morning but the weather gods smiled on us (no rain) when we marched. Mega crowds of spectators. It was a blast!

Pride exhaustion means sometimes mixing up your husband's online IDs. :)

Fire Lotus and I had a busy Pride weekend, as we watched the Dyke March on the Saturday, spent time with lots of friends, and marched with the bisexual contingent in the Pride parade yesterday. It was my 17th time with the bi group.

We were looking at the skies a few times but fortunately there were only a few sprinkles of rain. There was a lot more water though, from squirt guns and even a fire hose.

meteast chick
Jul 3, 2008, 11:50 PM
St Louis PrideFest 2008 was last weekend and I was even in the parade which rocked even though we got rained on! It's a good thing I was in a car but a bad thing for my girlfriend who was on roller skates!!!

luv and lots o'pride!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

TheDudeAbides85
Jul 5, 2008, 3:26 PM
I am NOT into some stupid ass "gay pride" shit or pink rainbows or any of that fairy crap. I smoke and drink and eat meat and don't feel at all bad about it.

There's a bisexual flag? How pathetic and pointless.

Pride is so pointless, corporate, and capitalistic nowadays compared to what it used to be like in the 70s.

courious now
Jul 5, 2008, 4:09 PM
My True Love & I went to the Chicago Pride Parade, and we had a Fabulous time. It rained a little but then it continued without any more delays. EVERYONE there had a great time! It was such a joy to me to be seen with my Girl at such an event. Everything with the Parade went well, I thought