PDA

View Full Version : Creepy thought...

rissababynta
Jun 21, 2008, 12:35 AM
Has anyone thought that the troll could be a regular? I mean, a "normal" regular? I'm not saying this is the case, but it would be so easy for someone who is well known and makes daily contributions to this forum to get bored one day, make a different profile, and start giving people a hard time just to get a laugh. Then, when they feel like being nice again, switch back to their well known and liked profile. They could even on occasion have something defensive to say to the troll (themselves...) just to keep it realistic.

Like I said, I'm not saying this is the case. I doubt it and hope not. But, for just a minute, think about how creepy that could be. Someone that for years you've known as your friend here and secretly this is their new hobby...

Anyone paranoid yet? lol

Bluebiyou
Jun 21, 2008, 12:54 AM
Anyone paranoid yet? lol

Funny you should mention paranoia. Perhaps I misstated earlier. Our Troll is not so much mentally ill as he is emotionally ill.
The rapid depiction of somewhat complete personalities is a direct insight. This man changes complete sets of lies like clothes. This indicates both intellectual brilliance and advanced emotional illness.
Avoiding identification/detection (because he's rapidly banned) indicates brilliance and extreme attention to detail (symptomatic of paranoia). There's a method/program for 'crackers'... if I remember, they're called 'aliasing' which enables one to appear to have an IP address which is false. But the paranoia:

JamesMitchell
DieSt
Karmacoma
UKBloke
cuntlapper
Anallust4u
Cowboyinleather
tree55555
firstnamemx
flexisexual
JudeQuinn
PlacentaJuan

and many more... from all over the globe... black and white... male and female... all with such complete developed character in profile and partially in execution of posts...

It's no small observation that this guy is:
a guy.
angry.
paranoid.
Totally absent of intimacy; this is entirely a game to him. How to achieve with words... the desired 'effect'. Probably a sociopath in the analytical meaning of the word. He craves the intimacy that most of us swim in; he wants and is also jealous.
Has an undeveloped 'maturity'. He simply stalled and stopped emotional developement, never making it beyond... oh, for lack of space an time I'll say common 'maturity' points of acceptance, understanding, trust, intimacy ...
He is a small man in many ways... most importantly in his own true self view. Please note that he keeps focus on attacking (and seeking the intimacy of engagement/fighting). He's focusing on others. As long as he's attacking others, he's not focusing on himself. When he does respond about himself, his representations of himself and his relationships are clearly avoided, exaggerated, or false.
He hates and lothes himself, thus the clear egocentric nature when he's not attacking.
He has been in mental therapy and possibly on drug therapy... I'll put a high percentage probability on this; just from tidbits that he let slip.

Finally, rissababynta, you are right. Our Troll is trying to learn how to blend.

Jeffery Dahmer had to blend, John Gacy... long list of folks with similar emotional makup, just dissimilar tastes in what turned them on. This guy... I'm not quite sure how far down that road he is.
Lee Harvey Oswald was also a little man, who tried to be a big man, NOT from his own accomplishments, love... but from what he could destroy. Longing for the attention.

If the police/FBI get involved, please contact me and I might be able to offer a few more insights.

Just remember that everything this person says has very little/no basis in truth, but the vast majority based in manipulation value.

ghytifrdnr
Jun 21, 2008, 1:04 AM
I still think the most effective tactic in dealing with this/these troll/s is complete shunning. Don't reply or acknowledge them in any way.

:2cents:

Bluebiyou
Jun 21, 2008, 1:49 AM
I still think the most effective tactic in dealing with this/these troll/s is complete shunning. Don't reply or acknowledge them in any way.

The majority of the time you are correct, ghytifrdnr.
One out of every 100 to 1000 people are a sociopath.
The majority of sociopaths learn to live in ... some kind of symbiotic relationship with society.
One out of every ... 20 or so, sociopaths are psychopaths.
Like comets that hit Earth, it's not a matter of 'if', it's a matter of 'when'.

Drew, I love this site. I like the majority of the people I've met.
Please close it down. The line has been crossed. I don't think there's anything we can do about it. I'm pretty sure someone will be seriously harmed if you don't. The Troll will merely grow/progress/lie/manipulate/maneuver around any preventive precautions you take.
It has sufficient intellect and more motivation than you can imagine to this bad end.

FalconAngel
Jun 21, 2008, 3:06 AM
The solution is not to shut down the list, but to put all of these fake profiles on ignore. When he creates a new one, which he probably will, then we put that one on ignore.

If he/she has done anything that the proper authorities will respond to, then they should get reported to them.

But, as I said, shutting down the site is counterproductive. This is, in a very real way, a war. No one ever won a defensive war and we need to go on the offensive. Blocking each of these trolls as they pop up will be the only way to do it, unless someone here has a way to track the isp and web address of the individual. The Feds do, to be sure. they can also track the individual's real address from the isp and web address.

Handling guys like that is like dealing with terrorist; Hunkering down only emboldens them. Hunt them and they go into hiding. Or am I the only one that remembers Mousaad's hunter-killer operation against the group responsible for the Munich massacre.

Granted that we cannot go to that extreme, but we have the tools at our disposal and should use them.

jamieknyc
Jun 22, 2008, 12:04 AM
I am skeptical that the troll is a regular poster doing the troll act for amusement. If that was true, they would have gotten bored with it already.

eddy10
Jun 22, 2008, 12:48 AM
You all are feeding/enabling with all this attention. Just drop it and go on to bigger and better things. Just ignore.

Bluebiyou
Jun 22, 2008, 1:15 AM
I am skeptical that the troll is a regular poster doing the troll act for amusement. If that was true, they would have gotten bored with it already.

Once I entertained the thought of it being a regular poster, it all made much more sense.
If this was someone who wandered in 'off the street' and developed all these instant angers... and obsessed over everyone's writings... and played upon luring folks into sex chat, then yes, we're dealing with an early stage of an extremely dangerous person.
If on the other hand this is a method of a regular poster expressing anger... Yup, I'm pretty sure who it is, and I have a few ideas of why.

TaylorMade
Jun 22, 2008, 2:00 AM
Once I entertained the thought of it being a regular poster, it all made much more sense.
If this was someone who wandered in 'off the street' and developed all these instant angers... and obsessed over everyone's writings... and played upon luring folks into sex chat, then yes, we're dealing with an early stage of an extremely dangerous person.
If on the other hand this is a method of a regular poster expressing anger... Yup, I'm pretty sure who it is, and I have a few ideas of why.

I don't like where this is going - -I don't want this to turn into a witch hunt.

*Taylor*

Bluebiyou
Jun 22, 2008, 2:56 AM
I don't like where this is going - -I don't want this to turn into a witch hunt.

*Taylor*

You guessed it!

Martha Stewart!

Burn her! She's a witch!

TaylorMade
Jun 22, 2008, 3:25 AM
You guessed it!

Martha Stewart!

Burn her! She's a witch!

Hmmmm... Maybe this may be a good idea after all.

:tongue:

*Taylor*

jamieknyc
Jun 22, 2008, 12:46 PM
You guessed it!

Martha Stewart!

Burn her! She's a witch!

No, it isn't Martha Stewart. She is too busy on the phone with her stockbroker.

HighEnergy
Jun 22, 2008, 8:39 PM
The Mage admitted to being the troll, remember? Guess he got sick of fighting with only Diamond Dog.

Doggie_Wood
Jun 22, 2008, 10:03 PM
I don't care who the troll is - obiously it is someone who would want the site to shut down - and who ever he has a beef with will be sought out to whatever site they go to next under whatever profile name and the sh*t starts all over again.

As stated many many times previously, if the fire is not fed it will die and become ash.

:doggie:

Falke
Jun 22, 2008, 10:17 PM
You guessed it!

Martha Stewart!

Burn her! She's a witch!

I agree...she turned me into a neut!

... I got better! :tong:

bigirl_inwv
Jun 22, 2008, 10:37 PM
Someone grab the scales....someone else grab a duck. We'll settle this once and for all.

childofwinter
Jun 23, 2008, 7:31 PM
Can you tell if the troll is using a proxy or not?

Personally, I find that by finding out what the troll craves and cutting off the supply is best. What is it exactly that the troll wants? Do they want paranoia, hatred, abuse etc?

rissababynta
Jun 23, 2008, 10:50 PM
What is it exactly that the troll wants? Do they want paranoia, hatred, abuse etc?

Umm....yes. :bigrin:

vittoria
Jun 23, 2008, 11:37 PM
I dont think that its a regular--regular not in the Metamucil way at least.

Not even a regular that gets along with most people....

But maybe perhaps, if anyone has been paying attention over the course of a year, perhaps someone who USED to be a regular on this site, but has "gotten into it" with the other regulars on this site (frequently pissing on specific peoples threads and postings ... before disabling their own self righteous, BBW hating profile(s) and hasnt posted under his/her real name for a LONG TIME....

Notice the individual in question continues to bitch out/about the same people, and these same persons are the ones that they, as a 'regular', used to FREQUENTLY piss on those same people's threads and postings-- that's what makes me think its a disgruntled former regular. Besides, its someone that has beef with me as well... and I've only been a member here since March of last year... so its definitely someone within a year ago's range....

I remember a post where one of the incarnations(flexisexual actually) has the nerve to talk smack about my BF, which led creedence to the fact that the person who started all of this was a member here in the past year---something that the 'flexisexual' person said was a dead giveaway...

I'm starting to think I know who it is and its startlingly funny

FalconAngel
Jun 24, 2008, 12:43 PM
<in his best English accent> It all matters not, for the troll must be destroyed. And destroy it, we must, by starving the evil creature with the judicious use of the ignore list.

Bring on the holy hand grenade of Antioch!!

canuckotter
Jun 24, 2008, 10:06 PM
I've gotta disagree with you, Bluebiyou. The troll is obviously not brilliant. It's too obviously spotted, it's got a set pattern, and a number of set responses. The communication style is virtually unchanged from identity to identity. The personalities are very poorly developed and repetitive (other than some surface decorations, such as "I'm a black man now!"). Sure, the troll's coming up with lots of "personalities", but they're really terrible, shallow attempts -- any reasonably-experienced D&D player would be able to come up with better, more-detailed, more complex personalities with barely a moment's thought, complete with unique speech patterns and memorable characteristics. The troll hasn't displayed any ability to plan ahead or to learn the obvious lessons from its attempts so far. Honestly, at best, this is a person of average intelligence, maybe slightly above. Probably very frustrated with its life so far, feels that it's being unfairly held back and its talents aren't being recognised (and incapable of realising that it actually doesn't have the talents it wants recognised).

The troll probably thinks it's intelligent, though. We can probably expect at least one of its personalities to brag about its intelligence before long.

jem_is_bi
Jun 24, 2008, 10:59 PM
I've gotta disagree with you, Bluebiyou. The troll is obviously not brilliant. It's too obviously spotted, it's got a set pattern, and a number of set responses. The communication style is virtually unchanged from identity to identity. The personalities are very poorly developed and repetitive (other than some surface decorations, such as "I'm a black man now!"). Sure, the troll's coming up with lots of "personalities", but they're really terrible, shallow attempts -- any reasonably-experienced D&D player would be able to come up with better, more-detailed, more complex personalities with barely a moment's thought, complete with unique speech patterns and memorable characteristics. The troll hasn't displayed any ability to plan ahead or to learn the obvious lessons from its attempts so far. Honestly, at best, this is a person of average intelligence, maybe slightly above. Probably very frustrated with its life so far, feels that it's being unfairly held back and its talents aren't being recognised (and incapable of realising that it actually doesn't have the talents it wants recognised).

The troll probably thinks it's intelligent, though. We can probably expect at least one of its personalities to brag about its intelligence before long.

I totally agree.
I have seen anger, self-righteous indignation, and overall negativity and self-delusion, but nothing close to reasoned thoughts or brilliant attacks (just brute insensitive bad manners stuff).
So, there is no basis for treating volume of attack as a measure of this person’s intelligence. Forget about brilliance. I know brilliant people. This person is way, way below them.

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jun 25, 2008, 7:08 AM
Thought this was suitable lol

12voltman59
Jun 25, 2008, 11:24 AM
I am glad that so many people are now well aware of our crazy or crazies who persist in these attacks----forewarned is forearmed--now we need to get more people aware so they don't blindly post up to the stuipd stuff this person or these people put up---I have come to the conclusion that trying to reason with the person or even threatening them only feeds into their negative thing going on---I don't know about Annika's take that our whacked our poster is the goddess Kali or not--but I do agree with her main point--feeding the negativity only serves to feed the beast whether human or not----and I am as guilty as any for playing that game----I'm not doing it anymore---I wish everyone would follow suit and to the same--when you see a whack job--immediately put their name o the ignore list--I have and it makes life so much nicer on here!!

In the words of Dana Carvey channeling George HW Bush--"Not gonna do it--not prudent!"

:bigrin::bigrin::bigrin:

Aravanww
Jun 25, 2008, 11:33 AM
Whomever the Troll is, tis best to ignore. I too am guilty of replying to it and found that it was fruitless.
The only thing I do know for sure is, I don't know what the Troll's problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

Let us move on, and if the troll should choose to interject, simple pretend that the comment was not made and move on with the conversation. Bullies can only persist if they know that it is working. Take away reaction and he will go find another bridge to crawl under.

Love you all. :three:

FalconAngel
Jun 25, 2008, 11:53 AM
Whomever the Troll is, tis best to ignore. I too am guilty of replying to it and found that it was fruitless.
The only thing I do know for sure is, I don't know what the Troll's problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

Let us move on, and if the troll should choose to interject, simple pretend that the comment was not made and move on with the conversation. Bullies can only persist if they know that it is working. Take away reaction and he will go find another bridge to crawl under.

Love you all. :three:

As you find trolls, put them on your ignore list and then their post will not come up when you look at the various threads.

**Peg**
Jun 25, 2008, 2:37 PM
As you find trolls, put them on your ignore list and then their post will not come up when you look at the various threads.

exactly... but why aren't people listening to your level-headed advice? do they WANT the drama? ugh.....

thanks for the advice FA

rissababynta
Jun 25, 2008, 11:31 PM
obviously this would be the best way. But as long as there is one person on this site that would give in to a troll, the troll will be happy. And with the amount of people on this site, there is atleast ONE person who would...

So I think it barely even matters now. The best that anyone can do is to not take offense, roll your eyes a bit if you wish, and don't completely flip out.

chulainn2
Jun 25, 2008, 11:47 PM
a creepy thought would be Jude Dude warming up his lil wicker playing on the computer upstairs while his mother is calling him down for dinner.

Doggie_Wood
Jun 26, 2008, 7:53 AM
obviously .................................don't completely flip out.

:cool:Can I still do a back flip off the car's hood when the trolls get banned? :tongue:

:doggie:

FalconAngel
Jun 26, 2008, 11:21 AM
exactly... but why aren't people listening to your level-headed advice? do they WANT the drama? ugh.....

thanks for the advice FA

I don't think that they want the drama, but it is human nature to either fight or flee. If we think that we can win, we fight, and if not, we flee.

But there is also the factor of the trolls knowing how to push buttons. They have no useful skills, so they use the one skill they have; pushing buttons.

They have just enough skill in it to keep drawing people into their angst and issues, until people get tired of it enough.

We got tired of it pretty quickly, so we walked away from it. In so doing, we took away the troll's power over us.

still_shy
Jun 26, 2008, 12:45 PM
That's what I decided a few days ago. Once I stopped getting pissed off at the trolls, this site turned back into what I loved. They only get to you if you let them. It's pointless to waste so much time and energy on someone who just plain isn't worth it. My spare time is precious and I would rather use it wisely instead of letting myself get pulled into the drama,

Delilah
Jun 26, 2008, 2:08 PM
I hate to say this but he/she/it is still here.

jem_is_bi
Jun 26, 2008, 10:24 PM
This person is only a very minor nusance to me.
Then they get banned again.

I have much more important stuff happening in my life.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 27, 2008, 12:05 AM
I dont think this fool is "One of us". I think he is someone that must be an awfully sad individual, personally. He just lost his Jude persona and I am certain he has at Least 2 others, judging from the conversation is chatt the other night.
We shall see.
Cat

BreeIsMe
Jun 27, 2008, 1:19 AM
I hardily agree

Bree

vittoria
Jun 27, 2008, 7:04 AM
"BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!"

;)

I don't think that they want the drama, but it is human nature to either fight or flee. If we think that we can win, we fight, and if not, we flee.

But there is also the factor of the trolls knowing how to push buttons. They have no useful skills, so they use the one skill they have; pushing buttons.

They have just enough skill in it to keep drawing people into their angst and issues, until people get tired of it enough.

We got tired of it pretty quickly, so we walked away from it. In so doing, we took away the troll's power over us.

Delilah
Jun 27, 2008, 7:23 AM
The Troll detector meter just went off. I tried to debunk it but unable to. I am not saying it has manifested, I think it registered a new name knowing it is about to be banned. So therefore, I have concluded this place to be haunted. OMG I watch too much Ghost Hunters... LMAO
Anyways, as Falcon states, we all should do as he suggested. Although I couldn't help but follow it's energy this morning, he/she/it is already marking it's target. So, I had no other alternative but to provoke the entity. Ooops, there I go again... would someone please smack Jason and Grant from Ghost Hunters?? I think I am possessed!
PS... I'll be at TAPSCON in Clearwater, Fl! Staying at the Belleview Biltmore Resort Hotel where the convention is and the hotel is known for it's Paranormal activity ;)
:tong:

vittoria
Jun 27, 2008, 7:33 AM
The Troll detector meter just went off. I tried to debunk it but unable to. I am not saying it has manifested, I think it registered a new name knowing it is about to be banned. So therefore, I have concluded this place to be haunted. OMG I watch too much Ghost Hunters... LMAO
Anyways, as Falcon states, we all should do as he suggested. Although I couldn't help but follow it's energy this morning, he/she/it is already marking it's target. So, I had no other alternative but to provoke the entity. Ooops, there I go again... would someone please smack Jason and Grant from Ghost Hunters?? I think I am possessed!
PS... I'll be at TAPSCON in Clearwater, Fl! Staying at the Belleview Biltmore Resort Hotel where the convention is and the hotel is known for it's Paranormal activity ;)
:tong:

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
(;) )

Sorry... having a "The Shining" moment :impleased

BTW anyone notice that no matter what movie m'dOOd Jack Nicholson's name seems to almost always be "Jack"?

And he seems to play some awfully cynical if not crazy assed characters too ( who could forget him pissing on dOOd's feet in the movie "Wolf" ??? LOL!!)

**Peg**
Jun 27, 2008, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=FalconAngel;106185].. If we think that we can win, we fight, and if not, we flee...QUOTE]

I did as you suggested and used the iggy button, typed in the names: I see none of "it's" postings now, although one has to get up VERY early in the morning to rattle me, ergo no buttons to push.

Who, me flee? nahhhhh, me FREE ! wheeeeeee ... or is that 'oui' ?

FalconAngel
Jun 27, 2008, 11:12 AM
Just had a deep thought on philosophy;

If a troll insults people in a forum in which it is on "ignore", does it still make a statement?
:eek:
Hmmmmmmm.:bigrin:

twisted sister
Jun 27, 2008, 4:04 PM
nope, no statement. kinda like the tree falling in the woods, does it make a sound, yes. if there is no one there to hear it, then it expires on it's own.

somethings are better left unheard