PDA

View Full Version : Sliding Doors

dafydd
Jun 1, 2008, 6:29 AM
Just thinking of that crappy film yesterday on the underground. You often hear people say "it was meant to be" or "I was meant to bump into him/her"
What if the one person we were meant to be with just got off the train at the last stop? What if your day is full of missed opportunities, just missing that one person who could have taken u away. If only you had caught *that* bus, plane, made the appointment, asked them what they were listening to, tapped them on the shoulder, not avoided their eyes....
I'm not asking for answers, really.

d

shameless agitator
Jun 1, 2008, 6:41 AM
Happens all the time. Every decision you make or action you take changes the course of your life. I think sometimes the fact that we aren't aware of the huge ramifications seemingly inconsequential decisions can have is the only thing that lets us maintain some semblance of sanity. Sometimes the biggest changes in your life can hinge on something as trivial as where you have lunch that day.

someotherguy
Jun 1, 2008, 7:02 AM
Just thinking of that crappy film yesterday on the underground. You often hear people say "it was meant to be" or "I was meant to bump into him/her"
What if the one person we were meant to be with just got off the train at the last stop? What if your day is full of missed opportunities, just missing that one person who could have taken u away. If only you had caught *that* bus, plane, made the appointment, asked them what they were listening to, tapped them on the shoulder, not avoided their eyes....

d

Or what if you suddenly realized that at the exact moment you were meant to be having the greatest idea of your life, you had this one instead. D'oh.

darkeyes
Jun 1, 2008, 8:01 AM
Its ya kismet babes.. 1ce its happened it wos always meant 2b.. if it didn happen..then it neva wos...

Bluebiyou
Jun 1, 2008, 8:44 AM
Or, perhaps God created free will as opposed to predestiny; that the universe is not some -virtually- infinite equation working itself out.
Perhaps with each and every quantum event in our universe, an alternate universe also exists where the quantum event occurred with the opposite outcome; creating -virtually- infinite dimensions (and subsequently universes), as well as truly free will.

Truly, I believe it's a combination of both. I think there is a certain way the world (and universe) will play itself (predestiny), but I think that somehow we can turn from and change this outcome by utilizing our (hopefully) free will.

I'm also quite certain you have to believe in love for it to happen; very much like faith in God.
I met the love of my life at a gasoline (petrol) station; she was asking directions. Was it random chance or divine appointment? It was divine for me. I've chosen my faith.

dafydd
Jun 1, 2008, 9:03 AM
Or what if you suddenly realized that at the exact moment you were meant to be having the greatest idea of your life, you had this one instead. D'oh.

Well I thought this one merited a few moments of consideraton. It's better than cleaning the toilet.

d

darkeyes
Jun 1, 2008, 9:25 AM
Or, perhaps God created free will as opposed to predestiny; that the universe is not some -virtually- infinite equation working itself out.
Perhaps with each and every quantum event in our universe, an alternate universe also exists where the quantum event occurred with the opposite outcome; creating -virtually- infinite dimensions (and subsequently universes), as well as truly free will.

Truly, I believe it's a combination of both. I think there is a certain way the world (and universe) will play itself (predestiny), but I think that somehow we can turn from and change this outcome by utilizing our (hopefully) free will.

I'm also quite certain you have to believe in love for it to happen; very much like faith in God.
I met the love of my life at a gasoline (petrol) station; she was asking directions. Was it random chance or divine appointment? It was divine for me. I've chosen my faith.Wetha its divine or wetha its owt else.. 1ce summat has happened..it wos always meant... nowt ya can do 2 change it... so itsya kismet... dus free will play its part?? Gud question... dus we choose our destiny or dus it jus roll on toppa us? Am pretty sure a divine bein had nowt 2 do wiv it.. Ya can talk bout as many universes asya like..but in THIS 1..wots happened has happened..an by definition ya cant do owt 2 change it..an it wos..hasta b how it wos always meant 2 b... free will??? Luffly thot.. but the reality?? Notha matta... cos 1ce we thot it we always wer gonna think it... question is wer we always gonna think it freely?? God...me dus luff philospohical drivel... wos always gonna rite this pieca dross as well...:tong:

darkeyes
Jun 1, 2008, 9:26 AM
Well I thought this one merited a few moments of consideraton. It's better than cleaning the toilet.

d
Ne thin betta than cleanin the loo Daffyd... but sum 1 has 2 do it..jus ratha it wosn me!!!

ambi53mm
Jun 1, 2008, 10:25 AM
Ne thin betta than cleanin the loo Daffyd... but sum 1 has 2 do it..jus ratha it wosn me!!!

lol fran...you got a pic of you doin that..you no what they say...seein is believein...be worth at lest a 1000 words for that pic....just teasing:bigrin:

Ambi:)

darkeyes
Jun 1, 2008, 10:57 AM
lol fran...you got a pic of you doin that..you no what they say...seein is believein...be worth at lest a 1000 words for that pic....just teasing:bigrin:

Ambi:)
Person that takes a pic a me doin that mucky job won survive long 2 tell the tale..an certainly not 2 publish ne pics!:bigrin:

TaylorMade
Jun 1, 2008, 12:12 PM

I met the love of my life at a gasoline (petrol) station; she was asking directions. Was it random chance or divine appointment? It was divine for me. I've chosen my faith.

Same here. . .I choose faith. My dad chooses chance. But we both come to the same conclusion .To a degree, Man is free to choose where he is going, but somehow, something pushes it along.

But I like the visual of the equation. I prefer the gumball machine, though.

(All this makes me wish I had a head for quantum physics and string theory.)

*Taylor*

diB4u
Jun 1, 2008, 2:03 PM

d

Good question...

It is sad to think that If Only, if only I did catch that plane/bus/train, then I would be a better person today for actions I did in the past... Who can tell why we choose the paths of our lives... I mean its sad to think that becuase I failed at a path, that my future has been changed...

Destiny however, can still happen.. I believe that If I'm meant to be in love with that person then somehow I will be.

**Peg**
Jun 1, 2008, 2:21 PM

ROFLMAO

onewhocares
Jun 1, 2008, 9:53 PM
Well, I am a firm believer that people come into your life for a reason…. perhaps to teach you a lesson, to show you the way. One never knows. Sometime you do not realize it until the person may be gone. That has happened to me. They may have made your stronger, given you insight into yourself. That to me is the greatest gift.

I think that this web site is a perfect example to use for this tread. It could be that you have established a friendship with someone, and then for some reason they long spend as much time here. Who knows if they sign on when you have just signed out? I have been very lucky to establish friendships with so many people from this site. Friendship, which go beyond this site. They play important roles in my life. I have given the gifts of friendship, for that I am most thankful.

I too have learned from those people, some I admit that I have never even met in person. But most of all I have learned about ME. So I am glad that the sliding doors opened and I was invited inside……..

chook
Jun 2, 2008, 12:41 AM
Person that takes a pic a me doin that mucky job won survive long 2 tell the tale..an certainly not 2 publish ne pics!:bigrin:

Why are ya so worried about cleaning a dunny, darkeyes........after all it is womens work :tongue:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

shameless agitator
Jun 2, 2008, 2:53 AM
Why are ya so worried about cleaning a dunny, darkeyes........after all it is womens work :tongue:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:I'm not sure Oz is far enough away from Fran to be making those comments dude.

darkeyes
Jun 2, 2008, 5:16 AM
Not nearly far enuff ... but cordin 2 the Fran grapevine e the ole woman who dus the scrubbin at is place!:tong: So me forgives..this time!!!!:bigrin:

An since wen Chookie... jus outa interest..dus ya use me Sunday name????

chook
Jun 2, 2008, 5:01 PM
Not nearly far enuff ... but cordin 2 the Fran grapevine e the ole woman who dus the scrubbin at is place!:tong: So me forgives..this time!!!!:bigrin:

An since wen Chookie... jus outa interest..dus ya use me Sunday name????

What????.......Have ya got a different name for every day of the week?????

darkeyes
Jun 3, 2008, 4:42 AM
What????.......Have ya got a different name for every day of the week?????

Don we all?? Monday...Tuesday..Wednesday..Thursday..Funday..Sup afunday...Recoveryday!!!!:tong: