PDA

View Full Version : Any other label free people?

MapleLeaf
May 25, 2008, 5:21 PM
Gay, straight, bi, it's all just a label right? anyone else feel this way and choose not to pick a label? None really fit so well, so I do without.

bisexualinsocal
May 25, 2008, 5:35 PM
Nope.

someotherguy
May 25, 2008, 5:47 PM
Gay, straight, bi, it's all just a label right? anyone else feel this way and choose not to pick a label? None really fit so well, so I do without.

You just turn into the no-label person, and that becomes your label. It has been tried. It doesn't work.

allbimyself
May 25, 2008, 6:26 PM
Labels are not the problem. That's like saying words are a problem. Labels are words and as words they aid communication. Without them we are reduced to grunting and pointing.

The problem is that some words/labels are used by those that hate as derogatory or by changing the definition. Once upon a time, the label "colored" was an acceptable term. Until bigots, unhappy that they were told this was the word that was Politically Correct (though not using that terminology at the time) began saying "colored" with a condescending and/or hateful tone. Now it isn't acceptable anymore.

eddy10
May 25, 2008, 6:38 PM
Let's start using a new label. How about omnisexual. I like that one. That ought to confuse them.

Annika L
May 25, 2008, 9:17 PM
Humans use words to group things into categories...it is neither good nor bad...it's just what they do. If you do not label yourself, others will do it for you...and if you reject all labels, then you are embracing the label of "unlabeled", which is about as meaningless as any other label.

The important thing to remember is that whatever labels people try to put on you, *you* decide who you are and which labels apply and which do not.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 25, 2008, 9:28 PM
Why would one have to have a label in the first place? My sexual orientation isnt any of anyones business but my own,(and the lovers I choose to play with) and if I want someone to know that I am Bi, then they will know when I wish to tell them. ;}
Cat

curious married m
May 25, 2008, 10:31 PM
Let's start using a new label. How about omnisexual. I like that one. That ought to confuse them.

Even better, just be what all mammals are SEXUAL, I agree with CM, I don't walk around in the real world advertising who I fuck. And it has nothing to do with confusing anyone. So many are struggling trying to place themselves in a sexual catagory and go through half there lives unhappy. Then when they think they have found nirvana, life throws a curve that doesn't fit the label of the time. Nearly 5 years chatting here and I have seen it go both ways, (heteros going lesbian),(Lesbians going back to bi/hetero), (Bi's going back to hetero). I think happiness comes from just being yourself and doing what feels right for each situation. :2cents: CMM

jamieknyc
May 25, 2008, 10:51 PM
Even better, just be what all mammals are SEXUAL, I agree with CM, I don't walk around in the real world advertising who I fuck. And it has nothing to do with confusing anyone. So many are struggling trying to place themselves in a sexual catagory and go through half there lives unhappy. Then when they think they have found nirvana, life throws a curve that doesn't fit the label of the time. Nearly 5 years chatting here and I have seen it go both ways, (heteros going lesbian),(Lesbians going back to bi/hetero), (Bi's going back to hetero). I think happiness comes from just being yourself and doing what feels right for each situation. :2cents: CMM

Not just that, but even at any given time, a person's sexual behavior or attractions may not fit neat little categories.

bigregory
May 25, 2008, 11:12 PM
"We don't need no stinking badges."

FerociousFeline
May 25, 2008, 11:31 PM
I have a label that works.

<cheshire cat grin>

One of my friends labeled me the other day and it cracked me up because it was so.....apt.

He said "You defy categories, so we will just call you "questionable".

Works for me.

FF

wutheringheights
May 26, 2008, 6:46 AM
I'm happy for people to just keep calling me a bitch.

Delilah
May 26, 2008, 8:19 AM
Oh thank God! I thought label free means buying cheap products. I'm like... WHAT THE FRAK???!
I'm a label hoe you know...lol Gotta have my Gucci and Coach shoes and oh my not to forget Louis Vuitton!!

Back to topic..
I'm just me no label.

**Peg**
May 26, 2008, 9:38 AM

My label: human

be yabbada, dat's all folks.

**Peg**

diB4u
May 26, 2008, 2:47 PM
Not just that, but even at any given time, a person's sexual behavior or attractions may not fit neat little categories.

Exactly. I'm human, like me or dont not my problem... Sexual attraction is more than ticking a box.

I'm not bogged down by labels, if i like someone regardless of their sexuality or their gender then so be it.

:2cents:

DiamondDog
May 26, 2008, 10:29 PM
I also don't use many heavily defining sexual orientation labels since I don't fit into them too well.

chook
May 27, 2008, 1:31 AM
I don't give a fuck what ya call me......just don't call me late for dinner!!!!!!

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

Bi_Druid
May 27, 2008, 1:50 PM
I only use the 'Bi' label for other peoples convenience of understanding. However, once they get to know me as ME, I am just that, ME, and nothing so limiting any more.

Much the same with my personal theology, I only call myself 'Druid-ic', in as such as it is the closest usable label to help others understand who I am when they first meet me, and that's only if they show genuine interest in actually knowing.

I like to think of myself as beautifully miscellany in all aspects of my life, and I find I befriend others who are as wonderfully ambiguous themselves. Don't like people who feel they have to limit themselves so to a label, becoming The label. They're missing out on so much, denying themselves such infinite possibilities.

:three::bibounce::flag1::color::grouphug: