PDA

View Full Version : How's your gaydar?

wolfcamp
May 13, 2008, 6:34 PM
Here's a test for your gaydar. I haven't seen this test posted here, so I apologize if this is a repost.

I scored 50%. Perfectly random. So, I guess I don't have it. :(

Gaydar test (http://www.okcupid.com/gaydar)

gfofbiguy
May 13, 2008, 6:39 PM
I scored 75% and "You personally got 15 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 75% of all test takers."

RockGardener
May 13, 2008, 6:45 PM
I took this test last July and scored 65%.

BiphobiaFighter
May 13, 2008, 7:55 PM
I scored 75% and "You personally got 15 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 75% of all test takers."
That's what I got too. :)

I'd like to see a bi equivalent to see how well people go with that.

someotherguy
May 13, 2008, 9:52 PM
I got 75%. This bothers me. I should have got 100%. No wonder I can't get laid.

FalconAngel
May 13, 2008, 11:09 PM
I question the validity of the test since you cannot always tell a person's sexuality just by looking at them. There are other factors that go into the detection process.

I only got a 65%, btw. :(

jem_is_bi
May 13, 2008, 11:25 PM
I got 55% but was better at men than women. Maybe because I did not care very much if the women were gay or straight.

My rule of thumb about men is, if you do not see a dick in their mouth, assume they are straight.
My rule about women is, who cares? If they tell you they want it, assume they want it.

31cho
May 13, 2008, 11:30 PM
Here's a test for your gaydar. I haven't seen this test posted here, so I apologize if this is a repost.

I scored 50%. Perfectly random. So, I guess I don't have it. :(

Gaydar test (http://www.okcupid.com/gaydar)

I scored 80% so i guess i do have it.:)

vittoria
May 14, 2008, 12:18 AM
Heh.

75%...15 out of 20 ... better telling chicks rather than dOOds...

Rather good 'dar I spose the adage remains "takes one to know one" LMAO

:eek:

DiamondDog
May 14, 2008, 12:47 AM
I took this years ago when I was on OK Cupid and I got 85% and it's easy for me to tell.

folk2punk
May 14, 2008, 6:59 AM
65% "You personally got 13 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 43% of all test takers."

My assumption is that since I lean towards men anyway, my answer is tainted a little by who I would like to be gay, where as with women, its a cleaner signal. Anyone else go thru that?

Iowabiguy
May 14, 2008, 7:58 AM
Actually, I only took this test for fun because I don't have gaydar. I use the term bidar. My bidar works better some days than others but really I just know who I am physically attracted to; I find it difficult to tell if they are bi, gay or straight. Having said that I scored an 80 on the test. I copied the quote from the bottom because I thought it was important to note that I GUESSED 87% correctly.
"Overall, you guessed better than 87% of all test takers."
I don't mean to take the fun out of the test but I want to emphasize that this is a Bisexual site and that we as bisexuals tend to look at the world in grays rather than black and white. I thought any of the people on the test could have been bisexual. Extreme Gay and Straight definitions don't describe most of the world.

jamieknyc
May 14, 2008, 9:23 AM
I only got 45%. Inexcusably bad performance for a native of New York City. If I did that badly, maybe I should play for the Knicks.

Boats
May 14, 2008, 9:44 AM
I got 75%, says I recognized more of the girls than the guys, I guess I should have been a lady, I'd be getting more pussy.

**Peg**
May 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
I only got 45%. Inexcusably bad performance for a native of New York City. If I did that badly, maybe I should play for the Knicks.

ROFLMAO jamie.....

70% here

Daviecurious
May 14, 2008, 10:57 AM
Interesting. Another 75%er here, and better at guys than girls. Homecourt advantage, I guess. I didn't realize I was that good, LOL. Somehow, that doesn't seem to translate that well in real life. Guess I need to have more confidence in myself. :)

12voltman59
May 14, 2008, 10:59 AM
I guess my "Gaydar" is better than I thought--I got 15 out of 20 correct and did better at getting the girls than the guys, so they say, and I did better then 75% of those who took the test!

Surprised the hell outta me! :bigrin::bigrin:

*pan*
May 14, 2008, 1:56 PM
hmmmm, well the first time i got 55% better at pickin out the girls, tried it again got 45% still better at pickin out the girls. kinda hard for me to choose who's gay and who's straight, kinda seems like the old alcoholic theme with a bunch of pics of people saying who's an alcoholic, could be anyone of them, and who's to say that the ones that arent gay are bisexual lol and one day will be gay. hmmm, i don't believe one can look at a person and decide their sexual orentation, no more then you can look at someone and tell who is an alcoholic. one might get lucky in choosing between 2 people because you have a 50% chance of being right or wrong. but through 4 or more into the mix then ask who is gay. i think that would be even harder then you'd only have a 25% chance of being right. i an not suspected of being bisexual even. depends oh how one portrays their sexuality in public or on cam, their are a lot of veriables again, guess my bidar and gaydar are broke lol this is just my :2cents:

12voltman59
May 14, 2008, 2:05 PM
To be honest with ya--I think they stacked the deck in the way they structured that test--with so many others having similar results--they sorta cheated I think----it was harder to tell which of the guys were gay or not I thought---some of them--it could have gone either way and I found I had to bascially toss a (figurative) coin in making my selection.

diB4u
May 14, 2008, 3:29 PM
I got 60% correct.

12 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys.

Which is weird cause in real life i've got good gay dar regarding men... and really bad with women.

viajero
May 14, 2008, 9:13 PM
I scored 70% but did better with women than men. I felt somewhat clueless when I was doing the female section.

The idea of gaydar is a bit BS. I can usually get a vibe if a guy is attracted to me or not and I can tell if a guy or girl fits a stereotype. If that is what gaydar is then I have it but how you can look a pics and know I don't understand.

eddy10
May 14, 2008, 10:35 PM
My gaydar and bidar are have never worked properly. As an example, sometimes coming home from a party, my wife would mention how a certain guy was trying to hit on me, and I did not even notice it at all. The only way I can tell for sure is when I feel a hand on my crotch, or some other overt move.

scins
May 15, 2008, 2:31 AM
:) I scored 75% and was better @ recognising girls. Still think it takes more than one picture though...

diB4u
May 15, 2008, 3:18 PM
I retook that test and now its gone up to 65% You personally got 13 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls.

Weird eh... One day i can recognise men who are gay than women, and the other day the opposite... Well a picture can and some have lied... Its in the other stuff how a person stands, how they walk how they talk...

tatooedpunk
May 15, 2008, 6:16 PM
84% 17 out of 20, shocked myself

Papelucho
May 15, 2008, 6:47 PM
75%,

better with women...
Did anyone else have tell tale signs? One of the girls had a rainbow painted on her cheek, and a rainbow necklace,
Another had a "Gay Rights Now" pin on. I went with my gut on those two. :rolleyes:

It would be fun to have a gay, bi and straight person next to each other and you had to identify each.

childofwinter
May 15, 2008, 7:05 PM
I didn't do too well at this, although its not an exact science. I got 35% -

"You personally got 7 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 1% of all test takers."

bisexualinsocal
May 19, 2008, 12:06 AM
You personally got 14 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 60% of all test takers.

jedinudist
May 19, 2008, 12:22 AM
70%

"Definitely time to get tested."

You personally got 14 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 60% of all test takers.

girlgonewildness
May 19, 2008, 12:30 AM
I got 60% - and I could tell guys way better than girls. This is so true. I have no idea whether or not another girl likes girls too, this is something that has been a problem with me most of my life. I've been 110% sure that someone was lesbian/bi and almost gotten a smackdown because they weren't twice - I've since learned to go for irrefutable proof rather than instinct. What I really hate are the girls who kiss you on the dance floor and then go away with their boyfriends, what am I, foreplay? Yeeesh...

I don't think a photograph is the best test of gaydar - my gaydar operates on instinct. If I get absolutely zero interest vibes from a guy, they are usually gay. There is also a different aura about them, which makes me feel like I am hanging out with a girlfriend.

I would think it would be hard to scope out a bi guy because he wouldn't be giving off the "girlfriend" vibe so much.

MrDeville
Jul 17, 2010, 1:46 PM
I'm surprised...I got 65%. Some of those pairs...I just couldn't tell so I had to take a shot in the dark. I wonder which of each pair actually were gay and which were straight.

Realist
Jul 17, 2010, 3:44 PM
50%. I have never had good bi/gaydar. Almost to a man, each male lover I've had was a surprise to me, when I learned they were interested. Maybe that's why, in the 56 years that I've known I was bi, I've only had 9 male lovers. Interesting. I'm pleased that I did as well as I did!

Vikkster230
Jul 17, 2010, 5:17 PM
Wow, I thought I had bad gaydar... I got 75%, which is better than I thought I'd get.

BI BOYTOY
Jul 17, 2010, 8:02 PM
well i new my gaydar was broken,,, but i got only 45%' of couse you can only tell just so much from a pic.

Yoyome100
Jul 17, 2010, 8:10 PM
60% better on the guys than girls:rolleyes:

Kippy
Jul 17, 2010, 9:01 PM
I got 80% :)
"You personally got 16 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 87% of all test takers."

Robinium
Jul 17, 2010, 9:04 PM
Wow, I am amazed!

85%

"You personally got 17 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 94% of all test takers."

I am not even from the continent or country where they took the pics, so cannot take that many clues from clothings and glasses. But I always thought I had a good gaydar.

sephirothtx
Jul 18, 2010, 12:02 AM
my gaydar is crap, i think i need a new one installed lol
if their not obviously gay, then i can't tell, its fusterating, i've had a few crushes on some cute guys i could never tell which way they where leaning and i was always too nervous to ever try to get it out of them less they be extremly straight and i scare off a potential friend.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 18, 2010, 12:55 AM
85%

"You personally got 17 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 94% of all test takers."

lol what can i say..... its easy to tell what women will never sleep with me.... its telling the ones that will, that stuffs me up lol

DuckiesDarling
Jul 18, 2010, 1:15 AM
I took it twice and they do use different people but both times I got more guys right than girls. First time I got 50% second time 75% but I think it emphasizes there is only so many assumptions you can make from a pic. LOL

citystyleguy
Jul 18, 2010, 2:55 AM
...and the results are in!

'...You personally got 17 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 94% of all test takers...'

...so does this mean i know women better than men? :rolleyes:

antzy57
Jul 18, 2010, 3:24 PM
I suppose I'm totally "gadar"-less I only scored 35. I guess I'm a closet straight. :eek:

IMHO, it takes more than a picture or two to turn the GRTS (Gay RADAR Tracking System) on. The "test" was fun, but to me, totally meaningless.

I have personal experience in this department. One of the best lovers I have had I met in a redneck bar. We (eventually) started a conversation going and the evening progressed from there. Any pictures we would have had taken would suggest we were "good ol' boys" from the CSA. There may be some logic in that though...He sure knew how to fire off his cannon! ;)

I think gadar has a "stealth" element it doesn't recognize. :tongue:

BTW, The bar went GLBT a couple of years later. :flag4:

TaylorMade
Jul 18, 2010, 4:44 PM
My Gaydar sucks something awful. I couldn't find gay or bi people if my life depended on it. . . I have to look for jewelry or a tattoo...

My DAD, (who is, TTBOMK ,straight) on the other hand - - his is legendary. He knows who's gay before THEY know.

It's...creepy.

*Taylor*

DareMe
Jul 18, 2010, 5:28 PM
You personally got 13 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 42% of all test takers.

What a cute test!

At 65% recognition, my Gaydar needs a tune up! Mechanics (gals or guys seperately or as a pair) needed to fix my tool!

;)

DM

Gay2Bi
Jul 18, 2010, 6:32 PM
I don't need a test to tell me my gaydar sucks. A guy could be climbing all over me sticking his tongue down my throat and I'd be thinking, "Gee, he seems awfully friendly. Probably straight though..."

Any wonder I'm still single? ;)

vengful-tenkatsu
Jul 18, 2010, 7:34 PM
mines ok got a 78%

nitefly11
Jul 18, 2010, 7:35 PM
70% and recognized boys better than girls. Hmmmmm

wanderingrichard
Jul 18, 2010, 8:54 PM
You scored 60%

You personally got 12 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 28% of all test takers.

damn, looks like i need to hang out at the club more.........

djones
Jul 19, 2010, 2:04 AM
I scored 80% :

"You personally got 16 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 87% of all test takers."

A gentleman's B - not too bad I suppose.

kinsey4
Jul 19, 2010, 10:00 AM
I've done test like this before, and I usually score really low at spotting gay guys but I can almost always pick the lesbian :)

bodysurfer
Jul 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
Is there any science behind this so-called "gaydar"? Frankly, I think it's a bunch of baloney.

Falling Leaves
Jul 19, 2010, 1:32 PM
85%

...You personally got 17 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 94% of all test takers...'

sephirothtx
Jul 19, 2010, 3:50 PM
welll ok i had time to take it, it said i had a 70%, i think im not that good but whtvr

BLCHGK777
Jul 19, 2010, 4:04 PM
65%

I guess that's okay.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 27, 2010, 11:20 PM
Sigh. I guess I've been out of the Lifestyle loop for too long. I got a 65.
Hang my head in shame..lol
Cat

TaylorMade
Jan 7, 2011, 5:30 AM
I improved to 80%. :)

go me. :)

*Taylor*

BiDesire
Jan 7, 2011, 12:51 PM
I got 65%

I got 13 of the 20 people correct and was better at recognizing girls than guys.

That's sad cause I'm the male half of the couple that took it.

Was hoping I spotted more guys than girls since we enjoy mmf play more than ffm play. Guess I need to shift my interest to ffm play and help her spot girls.

12voltman59
Jan 7, 2011, 1:09 PM
I got a 65 on the test--and they said I was better at picking out the girls than I was with picking out the boys.

Then I took it a second time--got a 65% again with me doing better at picking out the gay guys over the ladies this time---guess I have a so/so gaydar but at least its consistent.

bizel
Jan 7, 2011, 8:25 PM
scored 50%. for me, that's pretty good!

for six months, i chatted with this gorgeous bloke on the bus, only to finally have him start chatting up my brother. my brother told me to keep them to myself in future. who knew? apparently, everyone but me.

for a year, i chatted with a girl on the bus. she ended up stalking me, waiting in her car outside my unit, ringing me incessently at work (every ten minutes on a bad day). who knew? apparently, everyone but me.

i can't spot a person's sexual preference. i chat with anyone, everyone. i like a friendly chat. has got me into sticky situations with straights and gays (didn't know bi's existed then). since when does friendliness mean 'i want to get into your pants?'. a friendly chat is different to catching up for coffee, going to see a movie, discussing sexual preference, taking it a step further... that's clear to me.

dorkyduke
Jan 7, 2011, 9:05 PM
I got 17 out of 20. The interesting thing was it said I was better at picking the guys. I thought the women were the easy ones to tell, the guys I had trouble with.