PDA

View Full Version : I have a Poll Of my own (pun intended)

Mr. Magick
May 8, 2008, 6:51 AM
Here is A little question that just pop into my head.

When in a relationship, do you prefer?

An exculsive polyamorous relationship.

or

A one on one monogumous relationship.

Answer any ol' way you like, I'm sure I've over simplified the question.

Bluebiyou
May 8, 2008, 8:29 AM
For me, the male of the couple, monogamy. My gf is same.
Thusfar in my life, I don't think I could deal well emotionally with poly.

Now, when I'm single again, look out! Recreational sex is a-okay. But once I've made an attachment... poly is too much for me.

*pan*
May 8, 2008, 2:51 PM
simple question so heres my simple answer, poly lol

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 8, 2008, 4:39 PM
lol Well beings that I am in the Swing Lifestyle, I have to say not poly and not monogamous. Sorry, I'm just weird that way..lol
Silly Cat

jamieknyc
May 8, 2008, 4:41 PM
Myself, I have to go with monogamous

ambi53mm
May 8, 2008, 5:10 PM
An easier question to ask, than to answer. My bi response would be somewhere in the middle between the two (often a nice place to be when bi) :). My primary relationship, which is all inclusive, is with my wife. All other relationships regardless of any consideration are secondary…..so from that standpoint, we would be monogamous on all levels excluding sex, and poly “sexually” when it suits our desires to be so.

Ambi:)

shameless agitator
May 8, 2008, 5:56 PM
I've only been in monogamous relationships so far, but would like to try poly. If I could create the "ideal" relationship for me in a workshop, it would be a mmf triad. The other guy would also be bi & the woman would be straight. That way everybody has 2 partners of their preference and it all works out equitably. Of course mmff would work too if everybody was bi.

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
May 9, 2008, 12:11 AM
I prefer mono - exclusively ! My girlfriend is slowly making her way out of a 10 year poly relationship. In a million years I would have never guessed that is what has been taking place in the house across the water from me. She has never been involved with the wife only the husband, neither know of her passion for the female persuasion. The hubby of course can't stand her coming over to see me, and already gets mean spirited when my name is mentioned and warns her not to sleep with me when she visits. ( yeah right ) Only today he told her that he feels he is being put on the back burner. Ironic right ? Jill has always been on the back burner. Pretty ballsy, but I suppose when you have been in that type of relationship for so long he might get a bit peeved. To say the least she's prefering a mono relationship these days too.

cand86
May 12, 2008, 1:52 AM
Monogamy for moi, although I am quite intrigued in pushing the barrier a little bit with voyeurism and exhibitionism in public spaces, without actually ever sleeping with anyone but my partner.

someotherguy
May 12, 2008, 7:40 AM
My ideal is a monogamous straight relationship that lasts until I drop dead. Since that's not going to happen, I prefer no relationship. I just fantasize about sex and very rarely seek out a real encounter. I fantasize about a straight relationship where I am a cuckold, and my bi female partner has sex all over here and back with anyone and everything. I enjoy it vicariously and take a special and perverse pleasure from feeling slighted when she lays with others, often in our own bed. I also fantasize about a gay relationship that is more of a friends who fuck kind of thing, but then we spend more time riding our bikes than anything else, so it turns out to be just someone I ride with, and sometimes ride. When I fantasize about a poly relationship it turns bad because all I can think of is the kind of clueless urban hipsters who populate urban co-op grocery stores, or here in Texas it's Whole Foods. The sexual zeal is eclipsed by the lifestyle pretentiousness. In real life I actually had a sort of communal living situation once where people spent time in each others beds as they pleased. That was nice but then again, we didn't think of it as anything in particular. we were just young and horny. I would love a poly relationship if I could imagine any poly people not being pretentious yahoos. My prejudice, I know, but at least I admit the possibility I could be proved wrong. I will revisit this question of what kind of relationship I prefer if ever I regain the idea of having any kind of relationship ever again.

Bi_Druid
May 12, 2008, 8:49 AM
At the moment I'm very poly, or should that be promisc, in as much as I'm not in any relationship yet as I'm still looking for that Mr. and/or Miss Right for me. So casual safe sex with other consenting adults is OK in my books. When I do think I've found someone I connect with on a more than quick fling or long distance lover level, then I do find myself becoming awfully monogamous.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to settle down in a happy trinity of sorts (a male, a female and me :bibounce: ), living in a sort of monogamous relationship, only with three of us rather than two, if you get what I mean.

So in answer to the initial question, I suppose a three-way-monogamy is the best, is somewhat self-contradictory, way of putting it for me.

innaminka
May 15, 2008, 7:37 PM
Ideally, monogomy is what I think we all strive for; its what we read as children; Cinderalla nd Prince Charming lived happily ever after.
However the world gets in the way; its a different place.
I do not believe in poly relationships, but I do "play" privately, mainly expressing my bi-side - f/f.

the sacred night
May 18, 2008, 5:14 PM
Ideally, monogomy is what I think we all strive for; its what we read as children; Cinderalla nd Prince Charming lived happily ever after.

I respectfully disagree. I think it is only because we read those things as children that so many of us feel the need to strive for it. It's cultural. The world doesn't "get in the way," the world is what makes us that way.

eddy10
May 18, 2008, 5:31 PM
I agree that culture and custom adversely influence our behavior. In a more natural world, love and sex would be freely given and taken, between compatible souls. But, alas, in today's word as a frustrated bi, I am pledged to be a devoted mono.