PDA

View Full Version : Getting old...

vittoria
May 7, 2008, 1:25 AM
I've realized I came in on the last bits of the cool stuff... Star Trek, Battlestar Gallactica with Lorne Greene, Buck Rogers, Ice Pirates, the Banana Splits and even Romper Room...

How many remember this golden oldie?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dlNTKf2yy34

12voltman59
May 7, 2008, 2:27 AM
I sure don't recall that one Vi!!

I have a few old TV shows that are kind of obscure now--

"Nichols" starring James Garner wayyy back in the early '70s----I loved that show.

http://www.film.com/tv/nichols/15039222

The second was another favorite "The Bearcats"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066631/plotsummary

and finally ---a program on NBC called "Four in One"-- this is so obscure---I almost did not find anything on it--but Wikipedia saved the day--the show was made up of a series of four rotating dramas and I recall that one of the four rotating series of dramas was set as a behind the scenes look at the operation of a major airport--I had thought it was Boston Logan for some reason--but it was actually San Francisco International. Two of the four shows--McCloud, starring James Weaver playing a fish out of water western style lawman solving crimes for the NYPD and Night Gallery--a sequel of sorts of The Twilight Zone.

San Francisco International did not make it--but I liked that short-lived series!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_in_One

Now--are these shows obscure or what??

bityme
May 7, 2008, 3:33 AM
I've realized I came in on the last bits of the cool stuff... Star Trek, Battlestar Gallactica with Lorne Greene, Buck Rogers, Ice Pirates, the Banana Splits and even Romper Room...

Don't forget Howdy Duty, Buster Brown, The Green Hornet and The Shadow.

ambi53mm
May 7, 2008, 7:09 AM

How many remember this golden oldie?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dlNTKf2yy34

Well Gee thanks Vitt for reminding me just how old I really am LOL....I don't recall that one and ptobably would have thought that maybe I was just havin a bad trip considering the type of entertainment I was engaged in during the early 70's. Most of 1970 I was finishing up a stint in the Army and when it ended just completing my first year of college.

Most of the kids shows that I recall of the mid 50's tp mid 60's were shows that were Cowboy or World War II oriented, like "The Lone Ranger" "Hop along Cassidy" "The Cisco Kid" "McHales Navy", "Combat", "The Gallant Men" just to name a few...and then of course...there was The Beaver lol. I think I was in my latter 20's before I saw my first Star Trek episode and it was a rerun...however.. I have been an avid Treckie eversince!..There was another show that did aire featuring chimps back during those times... "The Castaways" or something... that maybe someone with more memory intact can rememeber lol...cool thread:)

Ambi:)

Eddie altamonte
May 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
That chimp program what did it last maybe 10 episodes?
Let's talk about the real programs of it's time...
I dream of Jeanie
Lost in Space
Mannix
The Partridge Family
Gumby
The Archies
Marvel Super Heroes
I Love Lucy

Eddie altamonte
May 7, 2008, 10:24 AM
BTW I hated Banana Split!

darkeyes
May 7, 2008, 2:53 PM
God!! Me neva hearda haffa the stuff yas mentioned..an the otha haff...jeez...wot junk! TF me wos born wen me wos!!!!Galactica modern..jeez...wot yummies!!! An sum rite ugly lessers!!!

Fire Lotus
May 7, 2008, 7:33 PM
*Jumps on the old folks band wagon*
A couple kid shows I watched once upon a time:

The Bugaloos - http://youtube.com/watch?v=xvUvC2dDKWA

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjEIFR2ZHBI&feature=related

Biboz49
May 7, 2008, 9:38 PM
...and don't forget Hammi the Hamster and Captain Kangaroo!

godowntogether
May 7, 2008, 10:00 PM
What about crazy cat and ignatz,deputy dog,lost in space,marine boy,gigantor,milton the monster,the archies,hot wheels,sky hawks,here comes the grump,astro boy, dasterdly and mutly and their flying machines,wacky racers, tom slick,super chicken,george of the jungle,my mother the car,lost saucer,mchales navy,voyage to the bottem of the sea,space 1999, and the FBI to name a few.

jem_is_bi
May 7, 2008, 10:18 PM
I remember life before TV. Travel by streetcar. All airplanes had propellers. The junk man had a horse drawn cart.
Plus, I am extremely fortunate, because, I do not remember that show.

I really liked "Rocky and Bullwinkle". What a great show. In Detroit, a local favorite was "Soupy Sales" for slapstick humor aimed as kids. Mostly, with more than 30 (baby boomer) kids within a single block to play with, I did not watch too much TV.

shameless agitator
May 7, 2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks y'all for making me feel young again.... I've never even heard of a lot of these :tong:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 7, 2008, 10:47 PM
LOL I'm about to "Date" myself here, and all of ya'll's fault! lol

Sheriff Bob
Beanie & Cecil
Heckle & Jeckle
Mighty Mouse
Ruff & Ready (No, thats not the drag club down the street.) *Snicker*
Kimba the White Lion
Fury
Rin Tin Tin
The original Superman
Jonny Quest
One step beyond (Hey! I Liked the scary stuff when I was a kid!) lol
Outer Limits (Another good scary of its day)
Creature Features with Seymore
Rat Patrol
Bonanza
Hazel
Laugh In (My hero was Ruth Buzzy as the prudish little old Lady..lmao)
Roller Derby (Had to root for the California favorties, The Thunderbirds..lol)
I Spy
The Rifleman
The Plainsman
And the all time Ultimates- Bandstand with Dick Clark, and any vintage Disney movie (and Micky Mouse club,) that was out at the time. :}

*Sigh* Ok, now I feel old..lmao
Kisses
Cat ^..^

jem_is_bi
May 7, 2008, 10:50 PM
LOL I'm about to "Date" myself here, and all of ya'll's fault! lol

Sheriff Bob
Beanie & Cecil
Heckle & Jeckle
Mighty Mouse
Ruff & Ready (No, thats not the drag club down the street.) *Snicker*
Kimba the White Lion
Fury
Rin Tin Tin
The original Superman
Jonny Quest
One step beyond (Hey! I Liked the scary stuff when I was a kid!) lol
Outer Limits (Another good scary of its day)
Creature Features with Seymore
Rat Patrol
Bonanza
Hazel
Laugh In (My hero was Ruth Buzzy as the prudish little old Lady..lmao)
Roller Derby (Had to root for the California favorties, The Thunderbirds..lol)
I Spy
The Rifleman
The Plainsman
And the all time Ultimates- Bandstand with Dick Clark, and any vintage Disney movie (and Micky Mouse club,) that was out at the time. :}

*Sigh* Ok, now I feel old..lmao
Kisses
Cat ^..^

I liked the Micky Mouse Club too!

eddy10
May 7, 2008, 10:53 PM
If it weren't for calendars and mirrors, I would think I am about 30 ( or maybe 39).

Mr. Magick
May 8, 2008, 6:11 AM
OMG...I loved that show when I was a kid. I had forgoten all about it. Thanks for the memories:bigrin:. And making me feel old:(.

upones
May 8, 2008, 7:44 AM
how about bonanza, wagon train, the rifleman, paladin art linkletter bob hope arthur godfrey smothers brothers and do u remember "the fickle finger of fate award"

12voltman59
May 8, 2008, 9:51 AM
do u remember "the fickle finger of fate award"

Actually it was "The Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award" which was just one part of "Rowan and Martin's Laugh In"

"Bbbbeerrrrryyy iiinnnnnttterrrrvvvvveesting!" so "Sock It To Me Baby!"