PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone on this site so stuck up?

Toddie
Apr 25, 2008, 11:41 PM
I e-mailed people on this site but, it seems like everyone is stuck on them selves & don't want to reply? Am I that bad? What the hell!

vittoria
Apr 25, 2008, 11:51 PM
Get 'em! :bigrin:

Cogent
Apr 26, 2008, 12:01 AM
Why do you assume that people are "stuck up" just because they don't respond to you.

There may be several factors:
a) we don't know what you said to them to elicit a response... so your message may have something to do with it
b) Obviously, from your profile, there's a lot going with you, very complex and maybe for some unfamiliar.... so your profile (or the way it's written) may also have something to do with it
c) Maybe they were just busy

Anyway, don't assume the negative. People are more attracted to positive.

very_real423
Apr 26, 2008, 12:12 AM
e-mailed people on this site but, it seems like everyone is stuck on them selves & don't want to reply? Am I that bad? What the hell!

You are not the only one that has happened too. Don'y take it personally. Good luck with your search. :)

kenny
Apr 26, 2008, 3:58 AM
I agree with you. This site used to be fun. I signed up about 3 years ago and people were open, showed pictures and had a good time. Now it seems everyone is so into themselves that you must have certain standards for anyone to respond. To be perfectly honest, I liked seeing cock and people being flirtatious. That no longer exisists here.

mannysg
Apr 26, 2008, 7:43 AM
I've replied to every person who has ever emailed me or sent me a mesage on here. Even if their profile didn't match my tastes, I'd at least reply since not replying, IMHO is rude.

It's been a long time since I emailed someone here, but most of the time I got replies. The times I didn't get a reply, I'd look to see the persons last log-in and more often then not, they hadn't been logged into the site since I sent the email, which leads me to believe that they were a "drive-by member" (i.e. someone who finds the site, hangs out for a few days, then loses interest in the site for some reason.)

kitten
Apr 26, 2008, 8:21 AM
Hmmm haven't been here in two weeks. Taking care of 2 ill family members, working full time and not able to be online having fun and sharing pictures. I guess that makes me stuck up. It is what it is...

Luckily, the long-term illnesses my family members are dealing with have had some positive turns and I took some time for myself this morning.

I hope you have found some friends here. Email me and I will be glad to respond - it just may take some - please be patient with that aspect.

hugs,

Long Duck Dong
Apr 26, 2008, 8:34 AM
I e-mailed people on this site but, it seems like everyone is stuck on them selves & don't want to reply? Am I that bad? What the hell!

my first reaction is one of * where is the rule that players must reply on demand *

there could be a number of reasons why you have not received a reply..... and to assume that everybody is stuck up cos you have not received a reply, is a bit insulting

every people I have mailed... has always replied to me..... but I start out by reading their profile and learning about their views and opinions, then i look to see if they are active in the site and when they were last active.....

and I always send the mail with a general open discussion thats not sexual.....

12voltman59
Apr 26, 2008, 10:04 AM
It is not an automatic thing that people are going to reply to what ya post on here---the way to get more responses from people here is to both post things on the message forum and to chat some----

Be patient----give it some time---

Bluebiyou
Apr 26, 2008, 10:11 AM
* where is the rule that players must reply on demand? *

I don't think I've seen that rule, LDD.

Toddie may be screaming for help and companionship (just a little something to know that Toddie is not alone in the universe) and people are insensitively ignoring. Toddie may be trolling and people would be fools to even respond.

Personally, I don't think Toddie is applying the rule:
Expectations are the death of a relationship.

But just like Toddie assuming everyone here is so stuck up, perhaps I'm judging Toddie too quickly.

BI BOYTOY
Apr 26, 2008, 10:30 AM
hey their i would not take it to bad. it has happend to me to. it is ok the peolpe that dont respond, you probably dont want to know anyway. :three::three::three::bigrin: be cool.:bigrin:

darkeyes
Apr 26, 2008, 12:39 PM
Stuck up??? Moi??? Not on ya Nellie is me stuck up... not in ne way..me is luffly.. wot cheek...:tong:

csrakate
Apr 26, 2008, 12:51 PM
aww Frannie....you are very luffly indeed! But methinks what we have here is a case of high expectations not getting met....

Toddie, you'll find that people will be a lot more receptive to you if you give them the chance to get to know you. Try using the chat room....post a bit on the forum...(a post, I might suggest, that does not demean the character and intent of the members)....A random message from a total stranger just doesn't get met with the same excitement that the sender has....it's not a matter of being rude..it's a matter of being cautious and not caring to answer someone they don't know. It's not a matter of casting dispersions on you or anyone being rude. A lot of people also come here just to make friends and to chat...learn a few things and leave it at that. Receiving messages from strangers has that "pick up" or "hook up" feel to it, not always worthy of a response.

Keep your chin up and get out there and get involved on the site....

Hugs,
Kate

Mrs.F
Apr 26, 2008, 5:14 PM
I can assure you that I am NOT stuck up and if someone writes to me, I always respond back. :)

Lisa (va)
Apr 26, 2008, 5:31 PM
No idea who you are e-mailing, or what the content of that mail might be. I haven't found many folks here stuck up and though I can not speak for anyone but me, but I will at least respond even if just to say 'not interested'.
And as mentioned earlier, not everyone spends all their free time online.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

Annika L
Apr 26, 2008, 5:54 PM
I know for a fact that you did not e-mail every person on this site (unless your e-mail to me hasn't reached me yet). So on what do you base your overly-dramatic accusation that everyone on the site is stuck up?

I don't know who you sent to, or what your messages said, but I am right with Kate in saying that many of us tend not to be so open to messages out of the blue...we prefer to get to know you first, either in chat, or by your posts on the forums.

Your first forum post tells us something about you...but it's probably not the message you'd choose to send, if you'd thought more about it. I hope your next post can be more positive, and I wish you luck in whatever brings you here!

gfofbiguy
Apr 26, 2008, 7:10 PM
Like most people who have answered your email, I can assure you that I am not stuck up, nor is my b/f, and he and I both answer emails if and when we receive them. I always like meeting new people here and I have enjoyed meeting people here on the forums as well as in the chat room and haven't found many, if any, that have been "stuck up". Even emails that I don't particularly care for, for whatever reason, I will answer. Good luck to you in finding what it is you're looking for...I for one have found some wonderful people as friends through this site

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 26, 2008, 11:40 PM
Well, if you were trying for a good first impression, you certainly made one...an unfortunately Negitive one. People are now going to automatically think that You'll think/presume that they are standoffish or stuck up. The post was insultive..at least to me, and I know for a fact that you havent contacted Everyone here, for I never recieved any correspondance from you, and I am but One of the most open people here.

I dont know what you based your fact(s) on, but I'm sure if you presented yourself in a little more of a positive light, and put forth the effort to Be friendly and open, people would eventually warm up to you. I was looked upon with caution when I first entered chat too...until people got to know me, now I am 'Their' Cat, and they will be the First to tell people that, too! lol
So give us a try. Pop into chat some afternoon and participate on the board and get to know us. You'll be glad you did, for we are crazy and fun loving. :}
Cat:paw:

onewhocares
Apr 27, 2008, 12:39 AM
Hi,

I can tell you that here are many things that I am..........tall, chubby, blonde which can make me a tad ditzy at times. But one thing that I am not is some kind of stuck up person.....that is SO not me or what I stand for. I must admit that for the most part if I take the time to get to know someone and then I PM them, they are most courteous and have replied.

Do not give up........eventually we shall come around. But Kate had a good idea...come to chat.

Belle

FalconAngel
Apr 27, 2008, 12:43 AM
That is the rub, isn't it?

You send e-mails and don't get responses? Welcome to the real world. It happens; to all of us at some point or another.
There are lots of reasons that people don't respond to your e-mails on the schedule that you want, and most of the people here have given you very real and reasonable reasons why.

And you say that we are all stuck up? Not a good way to say "Hello", is it?

If you are looking for what you claim, in your profile, to be looking for, then patience is in order; Not insults.

Also, many people don't like to respond to people who do not have their picture in their profile.
Many of us like to place a face with the person that we are talking to. Maybe you have a valid reason to not have a picture.....fair enough if you do, but to get on here and say that we are all "stuck up" because you haven't gotten a response yet is rude and inconsiderate of the fact that people have lives outside of the internet.

The vast majority of us don't have the time to spend all day on this site, waiting for an e-mail from someone to hook up with.

Many people are on this site to sort out their own understanding of their (or their partner's) sexuality and many of us are on this site to help others through what we have already been through in understanding our sexuality. Many are here to hook up. Some of us are here for a combination of some, or all, of those reasons.

If you were expecting a place for just hook-ups or where people are here to kiss your butt because you think that you are more important than them, then you are in the wrong place. Here, everyone is important. Here respect is given to those who can be reasonable and respectful of the others in the community.

There are very real people here that have lives and issues and feelings and standards and a whole gamut of things just like you.

And if you can't respect that, then don't expect to get any respect here or anywhere else.

Insulting us all is a piss poor way to say hello.

ambi53mm
Apr 27, 2008, 2:07 AM
Stuck up sounds like fun:).. I suppose what and where it's getting stuck can make a big difference tho...so little time and not enough stuckin...story of my life:)

Ambi:)