PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans for bi folk?

Sex in Words
Apr 10, 2008, 8:48 PM
Hey all,
My partner and I will be heading to New Orleans for a short trip for a literary festival in May. I'd love any suggestions on any awesome LGBT or otherwise hotspots.
Thanks!

Bluebiyou
Apr 10, 2008, 9:29 PM
It's simple, head down Bourbon St, away from city... that's the gay end... there used to be an exciting place... some years back... the eagle's nest... with a second floor that... well... I've never seen anything like it before or since... that was in 2001... unless they're paying big bucks to local political/police structure... it should be long gone...

Bluebiyou
Apr 12, 2008, 12:31 AM
My God, they're still open.
The Phoenix/Eagle.
Assuming things are still the same...
Wear every shred of your leather, clamp a cigar in your teeth and you might get to go upstairs. Fer God's sake, if you don't have leather pants wear levis.
Um, realize that if your partner is female... she'd better be tougher than you.
Years ago I may have been the only man who brought (2!) girls upstairs. Most females will feel VERY threatened and won't go up there. My girlfriend at the time was her own girl, tough as nails, rode a Harley, smoked a cigar... hell, I was the first man she had been with in 30 years... plus we brought her 'gurl toy', a young beautiful Swiss gurl.
If you can get upstairs, you'll see things you've probably never seen before. There was a guard posted at the base of the stairs the last time I was there. Technically, he was there to check IDs... ... you're beginning to get the idea.
Good luck and have fun!

fwb504
Jan 12, 2014, 12:28 PM
Seems to be the usual. There is no way for people to talk about the possibilities of bisexuality in a society that only recognizes straight or gay. There are bisexuals in New Orleans, but you may never find out. Send me a message -- good conversation -- I actually found it on google and joined the site!

marc_nola
Jan 12, 2014, 9:19 PM
I am sure New Orleans is like every other city, there are straight bi, whatever your passion desires. Just yes the fact of finding them.

In my experience, after Hurricane Katrina (yea he we go blaming Katrina again), it is certainly harder to find other bi who desires the same. Before Katrina, online especially it was not that hard to find bi females, males or couples...and serious, mature no game couples. But now, it is very hard. Of course thinking back to the college days in the 80's, it was not hard at all. Being in an academic environment, you could find pretty much whatever you wanted, with very little effort. As a bi male, it was a wonderful time.

For now I use this site and others to find other bi people with the same heartfelt bi passions. I've found several, unfortunately lost contact with some due to e-mail problems...wished they'd come back.

Just my two-cents worth.

Marc