PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Drew

Bluebiyou
Mar 30, 2008, 2:56 PM
Drew,
We've never met, yet I would like to thank you for all you have done for us, individually and collectively.
This site is a Godsend for the sanity of so many of us.
So many issues, anger, passions, and curiosities are brought to this site and expressed in this community. You've helped nearly every one of us grow by starting this site.
I think membership has almost reached 64k.
You've help build a community of 64,000 people worldwide. That's pretty impressive by any standard.
By all accounts many people have met through this site and had great fun, made friends, even found love (nirvana!).
Of course, as a byproduct of any community, there were also some negative aspects of the community. But of course that (as I said) comes with any community.
People also look to you as a leader in our community. That can be nerve wracking and exhausting. There are times you need to devote full time to your own personal issues... and other times you just don't feel like playing 'mommy' or 'daddy' to the site. Almost all of us can understand that.
I just want to say that I appreciate all that you've done.
The fact you hold to 'free speech' even to the point of 'rule violation' impresses me philosophically and morally with your character.
From miles and miles of copper line and
billions and billions of electrons away... (imagine Carl Sagan saying 'billy-ons')

Thank you, Drew.
Blue

Doggie_Wood
Mar 30, 2008, 4:30 PM
Drew,
We've never met, yet I would like to thank you for all you have done for us, individually and collectively.
This site is a Godsend for the sanity of so many of us.
So many issues, anger, passions, and curiosities are brought to this site and expressed in this community. You've helped nearly every one of us grow by starting this site.
I think membership has almost reached 64k.
You've help build a community of 64,000 people worldwide. That's pretty impressive by any standard.
By all accounts many people have met through this site and had great fun, made friends, even found love (nirvana!).
Of course, as a byproduct of any community, there were also some negative aspects of the community. But of course that (as I said) comes with any community.
People also look to you as a leader in our community. That can be nerve wracking and exhausting. There are times you need to devote full time to your own personal issues... and other times you just don't feel like playing 'mommy' or 'daddy' to the site. Almost all of us can understand that.
I just want to say that I appreciate all that you've done.
The fact you hold to 'free speech' even to the point of 'rule violation' impresses me philosophically and morally with your character.
From miles and miles of copper line and
billions and billions of electrons away... (imagine Carl Sagan saying 'billy-ons')

Thank you, Drew.
Blue

Ditto! Thanks Drew.

:doggie:

And let us not to forget to thank Mr Al Goricle for inventing the internet :bigrin:

onewhocares
Mar 30, 2008, 7:38 PM
Drew, I should like to echo my sentiments to those who posted above. I know that I am indebted to you for this site...I have met SO many wonderful people. It never would have happened were it not for you.

Belle

chuck1124
Mar 30, 2008, 8:14 PM
I can only repeat what others have said. In a certain way, you have saved me.

vittoria
Mar 30, 2008, 9:22 PM
Many blessings to you Drew for bringing this site to the world:)

Hugs, V

BronzeBobby
Mar 30, 2008, 9:55 PM
Thanks! Don't mind the criticisms on other threads, your website is a class act.