PDA

View Full Version : Learning to love life alone

viajero
Mar 28, 2008, 12:41 AM
I haven’t had much success with relationships and am pretty close to giving up. So I suppose my sexuality isn’t as important as it use to be. I still have the occasional great sex when I travel but not much locally.

When I first moved here I was immediately struck by how closeted so many people were about their sexuality. It got under my skin and I worried how I would adjust. I did adjust and I found outdoor sports to be the answer. I’ve met so many down to earth athletes and have enjoyed the great weather and proximity to beautiful mountains and coastlines. I still haven’t found a good circle of really close friends. Just one straight buddy I see fairly regularly when he takes a break from his girlfriends and one gay friend I see very rarely.

I honestly feel people are wasting time that could be spent loving life worrying about their sexuality or inability of have a stable relationship. On my travels once, I had sex with a bi-guy who felt a bit conflicted about what he was doing. I met him at a nude beach and had just had an awesome swim in a fierce surf that day. I knew he was not straight because his redneck friend (to quote Jackson Brown) rose to the occasion when I started talking to him.When we had sex in my hotel he was rock hard but a bit uneasy. “I don’t want the lifestyles” he said “A lot of people would be hurt if they found out.” He is divorced but has kids and a new girlfriend who’s trying to get him to remarry. My answer: That lifestyle BS is homophobic propaganda. My lifestyle comes down to traveling the world for my work, doing my sports and yes on occasion meeting a guy like you and having a little fun. So what is wrong with that! He has called me a few times since there and if I ever head his way I’ll look him up.

Today I left work early on this 75 degree day , went whitewater kayaking and then sat in the Jacuzzi at the gym. I saw a very handsome, muscular, young man that I’ve met there before. While showering together I said hello. I haven’t scene you for a while he replies. We chatted and at the end he said he might want to try mountain biking with me. He’s more then twenties years my junior (I'm pushing 50) so if we do develop a friendship it will feel like father and son to me than two lovers. As far as I know he is straight but he could be curious or even gay. I'm a magnet for the curious these days. The important point is I won’t preoccupy myself with his sexuality or any expectations and will enjoy whatever comes my way. Perhaps one day I’ll be able to take him to one of the many waterfalls I know where we could skinny dip in the plunge pool below.

So have a great day or night everyone. And remember, being kind to a stranger shows not weakness but strength of character.

FalconAngel
Mar 28, 2008, 1:31 AM
As so many have said in so many threads, our sexuality is not what makes us up. It is only a single aspect of who each of us are.

The fact that you place more importance on what you do to make your life enjoyable, outside of your orientation, shows that, at least on a subconscious level, you understand that simple fact.

Good for you. So very few of us bisexuals seem to understand bisexuality like that. Particularly those bisexuals who are just coming to grips with their own bisexuality.

Bluebiyou
Mar 28, 2008, 7:12 AM
I am more - than just my penis?

...just when I've learned to identify so much with my penis...

sigh

the mage
Mar 28, 2008, 8:10 AM
You need people way more that you need sex in your life.
But you do need both.

Find peace with your self and a piece (!) will find you.

**Peg**
Mar 28, 2008, 8:47 AM
LOL mage, cute! ty for my morning smile

**Peg**