PDA

View Full Version : *YAWN!* R.I.P forum?

Skater Boy
Mar 17, 2008, 7:24 PM
Gawd, this forum is DEAD today... there've hardly been ANY posts at all! Surely there must be SOMEBODY else out there with nothing better to do than to make a post or two?

Hey FlaPlaya... stop searching for... well, whatever it is you're searching for, and make some posts! Mariaddi? MarieDelta?

Or how about DiamondDog... maybe you could kick off some shit with The Mage again... just for ol' time's sake? Hell, I think Mage is playing coy these days anyway... but I'm a hardcore power-bottom with strong views about inter-racial sex and like to talk paranoid nonsense from time to time... how about we just give it a go for kicks?

Nobody?

Dammit, I'm off to the other forum... at least the admin are post-happy over there, even there's only like two other members...

:sleep:

Skater Boy
Mar 17, 2008, 7:29 PM
Y'know, I'm beginning to think there's a "Global Bisexual Convention" on today that nobody's invited me to, lol.

"Ah, the joys of having no life!" :tong:

DiamondDog
Mar 17, 2008, 7:50 PM
Why not write about global warming and how it exists and how it's not a myth?

void()
Mar 17, 2008, 8:21 PM

Because, if one wrote about its existence, they'd likely delve into the broader aspects of it. Such aspects may include eugenics, class (caste) issues (war), societal / political / religious issues, educational issues, and the by and large issue of apathy toward global warming, medical issues, resource issues, sustainability issues, the human will of survival and dominion. Those are but a few things one may encounter if they set about writing a thesis or treatment of the reality of global warming. I'm not certain this forum would be an apt place for such magnitude of research and presentation. But, that just might be the control issue. Those in control don't want folks talking about the huge white invisible elephant sitting in their living rooms. "Don't worry, be happy."

The Barefoot Contess
Mar 17, 2008, 9:03 PM

WOW, that is such a wonderful idea! To make it even better, why not use it as an excuse to tear each other apart? :rolleyes:

DiamondDog
Mar 17, 2008, 9:10 PM
WOW, that is such a wonderful idea! To make it even better, why not use it as an excuse to tear each other apart? :rolleyes:

It's called sarcasm.

That topic has been beaten like a dead horse and it probably won't ever die.

Just when we thought it was dead both sides brought it back and began it all over again. :-\

I linked to and wrote about an excellent and very funny interview with Michael Stipe.

Bloodflower
Mar 17, 2008, 9:21 PM
Paprika Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy

½ cup all purpose flour ¼ cup butter or margarine
2 tsp paprika 1 can cream of chick soup
1 tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic ¼ cup sliced onion
powder, cayenne pepper 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
4 boneless, skinless chick breast
halves

Mix flour & seasonings. Coat chicken. Melt butter in a skillet. Add chicken & cook until browned. Add soup & onions. Cover & cook over low heat 10 minutes or until done. Stir in sour cream.

I made this for hubby last night & he gobbled it up!

The Barefoot Contess
Mar 17, 2008, 9:27 PM
It's called sarcasm.

I know, I usually reply to sarcasm with sarcasm.

Bopit4Ever
Mar 17, 2008, 9:32 PM
Well, I took a break cuz it was the opening season for Dancing with the Stars! I LOVE that show!

gfofbiguy
Mar 17, 2008, 9:54 PM

halves

Mix flour & seasonings. Coat chicken. Melt butter in a skillet. Add chicken & cook until browned. Add soup & onions. Cover & cook over low heat 10 minutes or until done. Stir in sour cream.

That sounds de-LISH!!! I'm going to have to make that....it sounds very familiar to my grandma's "pink chicken" recipe, which is kind of like a paprika chicken....Thank you!

Lateralus
Mar 17, 2008, 10:35 PM

halves

I'm making this tomorrow:drool:

raistkit
Mar 17, 2008, 11:30 PM
blood flower and lateralus: make the same dish myself, only 2 changes i use chicken stock for my base, instead of creamed soup, takes a little longer to reduce. change #2, i cook in the nude, reducing the stock takes longer, but oh yeah raist gobbles it up. :bigrin:

kit

onewhocares
Mar 19, 2008, 8:13 PM
Yummy food, I shall try when I return home.

the mage
Mar 19, 2008, 9:30 PM
Recipes now???.. lets argue the worth of garlic...

shameless agitator
Mar 20, 2008, 1:45 AM
Garlic is indispensible in nearly everything!

onewhocares
Mar 20, 2008, 3:12 AM
Perhaps I agree that one should limit the use of garlic in food as it can, depending upon the intensity of the favor of the clove, be over powering. Salt on the other hand must be considered a staple in the kitchen. Eliminating it from cooking...especially boiling and steaming will make a huge difference in taste. It augments all flavors in food, be they savory or sweet. Try a little salt on melons, appples, tender fish....just a thought.

Belle

alaskacouple
Mar 20, 2008, 3:39 AM
I was thinking about starting a new thread bringing up the topic of the 5 year anniversary of the war in Iraq and the interview with VP Cheany. He responded to the interviewers comment about the fact that (I think it was about 69%) of the population think we should get out - his response; "So"

But, in light of the fact that some (most)(all) of the threads that deal with anything "controversial" tend to degenerate rather quickly, I changed my mind. What do you guys think? yes or no? Would that take some of the YAWNS away or just cause problems and hard feelings?

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Mar 20, 2008, 6:48 AM
In many cases. However IMO it's one of the most overused things in the kitchen along with salt.

Can never overuse Garlic ! Especially when your affraid of vampires attacking during the night while sleeping, such as I am.

vittoria
Mar 20, 2008, 8:22 AM
Can never overuse Garlic ! Especially when your affraid of vampires attacking during the night while sleeping, such as I am.

ROFLMMFAO!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

Bluebiyou
Mar 20, 2008, 9:41 AM
GEL!
I vant to suck your blood...
among other delicious parts of your anatomy!
:tongue:
Und I like ze garlic, could ya add a little olive oil?
Moo hoo ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha:drool:

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Mar 20, 2008, 6:18 PM
( temporarily removes garlic neclace :tong: )

Skater Boy
Mar 20, 2008, 6:25 PM
I was thinking about starting a new thread bringing up the topic of the 5 year anniversary of the war in Iraq and the interview with VP Cheany. He responded to the interviewers comment about the fact that (I think it was about 69%) of the population think we should get out - his response; "So"

But, in light of the fact that some (most)(all) of the threads that deal with anything "controversial" tend to degenerate rather quickly, I changed my mind. What do you guys think? yes or no? Would that take some of the YAWNS away or just cause problems and hard feelings?

Sorry dude... as you can see, our fickle little minds have been lured off at a blissful tangent, and we are now happily jesting about the likes of poultry recipes, garlic, vampires, and anything else that may pop into our heads. And what joy we are having!

So, for everyone's benefit, lets hear no more of these "serious issues". The "real world" is quite over-rated, if you don't mind me saying so. And I'm quite content to pass my days contemplating no more than Paprika Chicken, and Lynn Anne's... somewhat bizarre fear of Vampires.

N'kay. :tong:

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Mar 20, 2008, 6:36 PM
Skater :love87:

diB4u
Mar 20, 2008, 6:36 PM
Omg how can I miss my other favourite topic....

Vampires- damn, they and werewolves truly know how to party. Wish i was a vampire- imagine the strenght and no white hairs, no age spots and no sagging boobs...

No wait... Thats now!! Dayyymmmm!

Skater Boy
Mar 20, 2008, 6:41 PM
Skater :love87:

Aw! How cute! :tong:

the mage
Mar 20, 2008, 8:22 PM
All serious stuff is on hold till this cast is off..
Another week or so..
Till then I want you all to know that I do, having supreme knowledge in these things, and watch Oprah, so I know that men and women fart the same amount daily.

gfofbiguy
Mar 20, 2008, 9:06 PM
Absolutely. But a lot of people go salt crazy. I'm not about to eliminate it from my repertoire, but some folks use it to mask bland cooking. Plus I hate getting a nice cut of meat and having it be all dry and blah. I LOVE GARLIC but a little goes a long way. I infuse a minced clove every time I cook myself eggs. Wonderful stuff.

How do you infuse minced garlic? Do you let it sit in the oil for a bit and then take it out? I love to cook and learning new ways always interests me...

mrplayfuluk
Mar 21, 2008, 10:07 AM
oh jeez are we reduced to a cookery forum? Skates is right we're boring. Right ok my cum tastes of garlic if I eat too much, what does yours or your partners taste of? salt? oops there we go again....

BronzeBobby
Mar 21, 2008, 11:50 AM
Gawd, this forum is DEAD today... there've hardly been ANY posts at all! Surely there must be SOMEBODY else out there with nothing better to do than to make a post or two?

Hey FlaPlaya... stop searching for... well, whatever it is you're searching for, and make some posts! Mariaddi? MarieDelta?

Or how about DiamondDog... maybe you could kick off some shit with The Mage again... just for ol' time's sake? Hell, I think Mage is playing coy these days anyway... but I'm a hardcore power-bottom with strong views about inter-racial sex and like to talk paranoid nonsense from time to time... how about we just give it a go for kicks?

Nobody?

Dammit, I'm off to the other forum... at least the admin are post-happy over there, even there's only like two other members...

:sleep:

lol, I think people need some down time after a lot of controversy. And anyway, forums tend to develop a weird culture of their own, where members want to look classy and/or cool by saying less and appearing "above the fray." If everyone's competing to look more "above the fray" then naturally nothing gets posted and the forum goes dead! :) It happens on almost every forum I belong to.

BronzeBobby
Mar 21, 2008, 11:56 AM
Anyway, here's a link that is delightfully apolitical and about garlic, yet still holding the capacity for some fun debate:

http://www.gaytvblog.com/2008/03/top-chef-pengui.html

A review of Top Chef! I hope someone else is addicted to this show; I'm a terrible Bravo junkie.

This season I'm falling in love with Dale, Andrew, and Spike. I always have a crush on Padma, Gail, and Rocco, but that feels like cheating since they're the judges.

If you haven't gotten into the show, start watching it now, it's loads of fun. And a bisexual Vietnamese guy won it last year -- by the name of Hung, no less.

The last episode, BTW, wasn't as exciting as others, but I have to admit, I was furious that the team assigned to make dishes based on a gorilla's natural diet didn't get disqualified immediately, since GORILLAS ARE VEGETARIAN!

Skater Boy
Mar 21, 2008, 12:04 PM
lol, I think people need some down time after a lot of controversy. And anyway, forums tend to develop a weird culture of their own, where members want to look classy and/or cool by saying less and appearing "above the fray." If everyone's competing to look more "above the fray" then naturally nothing gets posted and the forum goes dead! :) It happens on almost every forum I belong to.

Ah, the ol' absence chesnut!

"Too much circulation makes the price go down: The more you are seen and heard from, the more common you appear. If you are already established in a group, temporary withdrawal from it will make you more talked about, and even more admired. You must learn when to leave. Create value through scarcity."

So thats what Biwords, Tasha and the rest of the gang are playing at.

Any more "forum mind-games" that y'all wanna share? This is finally starting to get interesting...

IanGray
Mar 22, 2008, 7:06 PM
Hey, I can't keep talking about women's boobs. Still, I dunno, I wonder if they've been weighed? Or some may need a barrow to carry them? So many questions..................??????????????????????? ?????????????? :tongue: