PDA

View Full Version : The Age thread

TaylorMade
Mar 13, 2008, 8:24 PM
I'm curious and have a question of the rest of the board. How old are you? It seems to me sometimes that the site skews older. . .but I thought that for another site , but then when they ran the poll, it came out with a perfect little bell curve. . .

Yeah, I just wanna see the pretty bell curve. :p

*Taylor*

TrustUs
Mar 13, 2008, 8:30 PM
I am 36 & my hubby is 37...... :)

gfofbiguy
Mar 13, 2008, 8:31 PM
I am 36 (soon to be 37 next month) and my b/f, Bisexualnewbie, is 35

onewhocares
Mar 13, 2008, 8:35 PM
Well hubby and I are both 46 at the moment. My birthday is in June and his is in November.

Belle

ambi53mm
Mar 13, 2008, 8:45 PM
:male:57
:female:52

Well someone's got to create the bottom half of Taylor's bell :bigrin:
It has taken me 57 years to get to where I'm at....and I'm on a roll.....unfortunately.....it's all downhill at the moment....but I'll be back!!

Ambi:) aka gramps....like hell LOL

sometimesitbethatway
Mar 13, 2008, 9:05 PM
24. I will be 25 in July.

BiphobiaFighter
Mar 13, 2008, 9:51 PM
I'm 19 and turning 20 in about a month.

jem_is_bi
Mar 13, 2008, 10:02 PM
I am 60 and just voted.
But,the results do not look like a bell curve.
I thought there was a little bias in favor of younger people on the site.
But the results seem to indicate us older members are just less vocal on the forum.
I am not unhappy by that result. Becuase, maybe it means that (older members)have less unresolved sexual issues and know how to resolve most issues with minimal support and are happy with much less than perfect lives, health, sex and love. Also, I do not expect to be the focus of younger (very involved on this site) members sexual or other interests and probably many other older member feel the same as me.

eddy10
Mar 13, 2008, 10:02 PM
According to my profile I am 72.3 :rolleyes:

TaylorMade
Mar 13, 2008, 10:09 PM
I am 60 and just voted.
But the results seem to indicate us older members are just less vocal on the forum.
I am not unhappy by that result. Becuase, maybe it means that (older members)have less unresolved sexual issues and know how to resolve most issues with minimal support and are happy with much less than perfect lives, health, sex and love. Also, I do not expect to be the focus of younger (very involved on this site) members sexual or other interests and probably many other older member feel the same as me.

I admit I am surprised by the result so far. It all depends on where you stand, correct? A younger person may see alot of the older members (at least older than the average net user) and receive attention from them, and think the site skews older. An older person may see all the younger members and say the site skews younger.

At least we'll be able to resolve the issue one way or another.

*Taylor*

jem_is_bi
Mar 13, 2008, 10:28 PM
I admit I am surprised by the result so far. It all depends on where you stand, correct? A younger person may see alot of the older members (at least older than the average net user) and receive attention from them, and think the site skews older. An older person may see all the younger members and say the site skews younger.

At least we'll be able to resolve the issue one way or another.

*Taylor*

I hope most of us do not have a major issue with age or act inappropriate with others of a different age.
Also, I do not think that a slight bias for old or young or both relative to the other age is bad.
Nevertheless, it is an interesting question and I am curious about the result, if enough people participate in the pole. So, vote if you view this page.

jem_is_bi
Mar 13, 2008, 10:35 PM
:male:57
:female:52

Well someone's got to create the bottom half of Taylor's bell :bigrin:
It has taken me 57 years to get to where I'm at....and I'm on a roll.....unfortunately.....it's all downhill at the moment....but I'll be back!!

Ambi:) aka gramps....like hell LOL

I am on a roll too! I have had too many up and downs to know if it is all down hill for me. Dam!! I have loved all of the ride and look forward to all the up and down that awaits me!!!

pasco_lol_cpl
Mar 13, 2008, 11:04 PM
Another 37 (him) and 36 (her) couple here.

bigregory
Mar 13, 2008, 11:45 PM
44 shut your mouth and say no more

Toad82
Mar 14, 2008, 12:32 AM
I turned 26 last month.

RJ:lokai:

bearisbare
Mar 14, 2008, 1:20 AM
I'm 46 as of less than an hour and a half ago. :)

kitten
Mar 14, 2008, 5:04 AM
I will be 46 at the end of this month.

The Barefoot Contess
Mar 14, 2008, 6:14 AM
I am 28 :)

RockGardener
Mar 14, 2008, 6:51 AM
I am 43 and my guy is 38.

I thought I would see a skew towards the 40 and up crowd, but it looks kinda even. I guess the "older" people are just more verbose. Either that or I just imagine everyone to be my age....:bibounce:

biguymass
Mar 14, 2008, 7:46 AM
40:male:

Flounder1967
Mar 14, 2008, 8:12 AM
I am 40 and proud of it.

MarieDelta
Mar 14, 2008, 9:02 AM
41 (or 2 1/2 As Marie -:female:Hormones since July of 2006:bigrin:)

diB4u
Mar 14, 2008, 9:53 AM
LOL@ Marie... at 2 lol

Well I'm 32 and will be 33 :eek::eek: in July.

**Peg**
Mar 14, 2008, 10:11 AM
...Also, I do not expect to be the focus of younger (very involved on this site) members sexual or other interests and probably many other older member feel the same as me.

indeed I do feel the same.

**Peg** the elder

**Peg**
Mar 14, 2008, 10:12 AM
I'm 46 as of less than an hour and a half ago. :)

well then, happy belated birthday bear!

**Peg**

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Mar 14, 2008, 10:22 AM
Im 35

csrakate
Mar 14, 2008, 10:25 AM
I'll be 50 next month.

Hugs,
Kate

Summerlin1973
Mar 14, 2008, 1:54 PM
34 - somewhere's in the middle

Skater Boy
Mar 14, 2008, 5:49 PM
I'm 27 going on 19. Or so I'm told.

12voltman59
Mar 14, 2008, 5:55 PM
It is interesting--that so many of us at this site fall into the 41 to 50 age range---it is also interesting that so many of us come to this rather well along in life---you would have thought we would have realized this about ourselves much sooner---or maybe we did---we just chose to ignore and deny that part of ourselves---maybe it does take some degree of maturity--at least in age terms for us to come to face it----

Intervesting---Berry intervesting!!!!!

TaylorMade
Mar 14, 2008, 5:59 PM
And I'm seeing the beginnings of my bell curve.

*Taylor*

bhg08054
Mar 15, 2008, 10:02 AM
Another more than 40, less than 50 here...

...not much less than 50, but still less

Not2str8
Mar 15, 2008, 10:28 AM
I just turned 50, but I believe you are as young as you feel.
Of course I will have to feel all of you to see if that is true. :bigrin:

Not2str8
Mar 15, 2008, 10:43 AM
It is interesting--that so many of us at this site fall into the 41 to 50 age range---it is also interesting that so many of us come to this rather well along in life---you would have thought we would have realized this about ourselves much sooner---or maybe we did---we just chose to ignore and deny that part of ourselves---maybe it does take some degree of maturity--at least in age terms for us to come to face it----

Intervesting---Berry intervesting!!!!!

That certainly describes me, Volty. Hell, before I found the now defunct bisexual.org chatroom, I thought I was the only one who felt like I do. I guess on some level, I always knew I was bi, but couldn't bring myself to utter the word. I bought into the societal stigma. It was there, among others like myself that I began a journey of discovery, self-acceptance, and mutual support, continued here on this site....and made some damn good friends along the way. I don't think it's ever easy to accept something in yourself that everyone else shuns, but I like to think that the current generation of people just coming of age have it a little easier, due in part to the efforts of those who came before. And this new generation must help the one that comes after it. Each step takes us a little closer to the day when none of us feels embarrassed about who or what we are.

12voltman59
Mar 15, 2008, 1:56 PM
It is also interesting that the next largest group voting is from 50 to 60----

IanGray
Mar 15, 2008, 2:01 PM
I am 60 and just voted.

I am 60 and in my short experience of this and s gay site there is a fair amount of younger people who are interested in older people. Of course not every young person feels the same, but don't discount the interests of younger people :)

chulainn2
Mar 15, 2008, 3:08 PM
I was going to say 50, put Kate reminded me the other day that im 51.lol
still looking good tho

csrakate
Mar 15, 2008, 3:14 PM
still looking good tho

Darlin',
You're not getting older....you're getting better!!!

Hugs,
Kate

Lisa (va)
Mar 15, 2008, 3:34 PM
been coming here since mid twenties lost and confused, now 31, married (he's 43) still lost, still confused :). But happy

Lisa

hugs n kisses

DiamondDog
Mar 15, 2008, 4:01 PM
And I'm seeing the beginnings of my bell curve.

*Taylor*

Taylor,
You should make an age poll just like this asking people when the age/age range, the first time they came out to themselves/accepted themselves was.

alaskacouple
Mar 15, 2008, 7:30 PM
We're both halfway between 50 and 60

IanGray
Mar 16, 2008, 6:20 AM
still looking good tho

Definitely looking good. :)

anteak
Mar 16, 2008, 8:00 AM
I turned 85 on my last Bday.

the mage
Mar 16, 2008, 8:05 AM
This site will be demographically older than many. Coming out is a maturity thing.

micheief_maker
Mar 16, 2008, 10:15 AM
36 here...anyone close by that isn't 20 years older?

rock-g'sguy
Mar 18, 2008, 7:37 AM
I'm curious and have a question of the rest of the board. How old are you? It seems to me sometimes that the site skews older. . .but I thought that for another site , but then when they ran the poll, it came out with a perfect little bell curve. . .

Yeah, I just wanna see the pretty bell curve. :p

*Taylor*

Wow, if you add together the 18-25 to the 26-30, then you add the 31-35 to the 36-40 you would have a nice bell curve. So there you have your curve.

((((((((((((((( hugs & kisses ))))))))))))))

Mrs.F
Mar 18, 2008, 8:58 AM
I'm 35! Will be 36 in 2 months.

rwhlms
Mar 19, 2008, 3:11 PM
I am 60 and just voted.

im older too

redheadhoneycat
Mar 20, 2008, 10:48 AM
I am 33 and he is 40. :)

heavyfnmetal
Mar 20, 2008, 9:56 PM
I just turned 25 yesterday. But I still feel like I did when I was 18... what's up with that?

jclogan
Mar 21, 2008, 12:18 AM
Just turned 52 here

ambi53mm
Mar 21, 2008, 3:14 AM
I just turned 25 yesterday. But I still feel like I did when I was 18... what's up with that?

It's refusing to get old... and whatever you are doing...don't change a thing...the body may change a little over time that can't be helped...but I believe you can feel that way until you're a 118 if you choose to...It's a good thing!!:) Look what it did for Peter Pan

Ambi:)

heavyfnmetal
Mar 21, 2008, 4:39 AM
It's refusing to get old... and whatever you are doing...don't change a thing...the body may change a little over time that can't be helped...but I believe you can feel that way until you're a 118 if you choose to...It's a good thing!!:) Look what it did for Peter Pan

You've got a very good point. I've always believed that age is in the head... kinda. Currently, it is inevitable that our bodies will and do age. How we take care of ourselves determines how well (or not so well) our bodies will age. But as for age like in your head, I guess you really are only as old as you feel. Currently for me, I guess that's 18.

A friend of mine is 27, and he makes old man noises and old man excuses. He keeps telling me "you'll see what I'm talking about soon enough". And I keep responding with "you're only 2 years older than I am! Knock it off". He tells me all the time that he wants to die before he becomes old and helpless... at this rate, he'll probably be there by 30!

I try to tell him it's all in his head...

ambi53mm
Mar 21, 2008, 7:32 AM
You've got a very good point. I've always believed that age is in the head... kinda. Currently, it is inevitable that our bodies will and do age. How we take care of ourselves determines how well (or not so well) our bodies will age. But as for age like in your head, I guess you really are only as old as you feel. Currently for me, I guess that's 18.

A friend of mine is 27, and he makes old man noises and old man excuses. He keeps telling me "you'll see what I'm talking about soon enough". And I keep responding with "you're only 2 years older than I am! Knock it off". He tells me all the time that he wants to die before he becomes old and helpless... at this rate, he'll probably be there by 30!

I try to tell him it's all in his head...

Well everybody has heard of the inner child…many books have been written on the subject and it’s probably been discussed on every talk show from Ophra to The tonight show…but what few people realize is that in the Yin & Yang scheme of things…there is also an inner old person…whiney…crotchety…chronic complainer…bent on making people feel older than they really are. He/she will sit and pass judgment on just about every fun thing you try to do because he’s convinced that he/she is too old .

“Hey you can’t do that you’re too old”
“ Screw you old man and just sit back and watch me!”

Anyway…when you feel him starting to make a show of himself…construct a cage in your mind and throw his ass in there…and then put that key in a secret hiding place and don’t tell any of your other inner people about it….Now he’ll try to get you to let let him out on occasion…but do not listen…and what ever you do... DO NOT let him out..if he starts rattelin that cage…turn the music you have playing in your brain up a little louder…and for God’s sake do not listen to old people’s music…it’s one of his many tricks of the trade per se. ....and Yes!...It is all in the head.

I locked mine up back when I was 22 and you can believe he’ll be still sitting there when I’m’ 102…There is plenty of time to feel old and sleep the day away when you’re dead…until then…Live it…Love it….a little longer.

Taken from the book of Ambi
Chapter 16: Verses 1-20

Delilah
Mar 21, 2008, 9:28 AM
I'm 3300 years old. Coming July 4th, I'll be 3400.

Biboz49
Mar 21, 2008, 11:07 AM
:male: I'm 52, :female: She's 40

Abbey Road
Mar 21, 2008, 1:50 PM
I`m 38. My birthday was in January.

Abbey Road. :bibounce::wiggle2::paw:

heavyfnmetal
Mar 21, 2008, 3:31 PM
construct a cage in your mind and throw his ass in there…and then put that key in a secret hiding place and don’t tell any of your other inner people about it….

How many people you got in there, Ambi? :bigrin:

ambi53mm
Mar 21, 2008, 9:43 PM
How many people you got in there, Ambi? :bigrin:

About 10 as near as I can count that are of human form....it's like havin a party that never ends...I think I may have lost a few along the way during the late 60's and early 70's...but they'll be back...eventually:)

eddy10
Mar 21, 2008, 11:04 PM
Inside of each of us old guys, there is a boy wondering what the hell happened. :)

I for one intend to stay a boy as long as possible. It is so much fun. Ambi, don't lock me up.

catalinaa
Mar 22, 2008, 7:03 AM
i am 28

Skater Boy
Mar 22, 2008, 7:16 AM
i am 28

Oh really? How come your profile says that your Date of Birth is Aug 04, 1978 (making you 29) then? :confused:

macman885
Mar 22, 2008, 8:23 PM
I will be 50 in November. I guess that makes me officially "over the hill", but I am enjoying the view.

mizzladylover3
Mar 23, 2008, 7:08 PM
hi i am 19 so guessin the youngest 1 so far huh :tong::tong:

ronaca2000
Mar 24, 2008, 1:31 PM
well I will be 32 on April 1st, seems like the older I get the harder life gets....why is that?????????????? lol

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 25, 2008, 3:46 PM
They didnt have a selection for the "I feel older that dirt today" section. lol
B'sides, it aint the age, its the mileage, and believe me, I've got alot of mileage on this old body..lol
Cat

oralbicpl420
Mar 25, 2008, 4:58 PM
He is 31, she is 22 :cool:

childofwinter
Mar 25, 2008, 7:23 PM
I'm 22 but look a bit younger:bigrin:

frenchlick
Mar 27, 2008, 4:50 PM
I'm 45 and still as active as when I was 18 (more so). Age is just a number. Stay active and stay young! Plus have lots of sex!

Charlie41
Mar 27, 2008, 5:41 PM
I turned 67 earlier this month . :tongue:

shameless agitator
Mar 27, 2008, 8:05 PM
34 going on 16 here. These results are kind of surprising me. I kept thinking I was in the upper end of the age range on here.

bifitm52
Mar 27, 2008, 8:24 PM
55 here and willing to accept myself as who I am. It's taken some time to get there...

darkeyes
Mar 27, 2008, 8:31 PM
we wer up north ova easter an a yung luffly of bout 19 caught me eye.. wos bad enuff Kate tellin me me wos incorrigable an 2 behave meself (wich me always dus these days) but the luffly obviously spotted me lookin smiled an made a face as she shouted ova..."not 2 nite babe..yas old enuff 2 b me mum!!" Jeez..... Naggy had a gud laff an for 1st time in ages felt me face go brite shada red!!!

Ther r times wen ya can go rite off peeps huh?

csrakate
Mar 27, 2008, 8:52 PM
we wer up north ova easter an a yung luffly of bout 19 caught me eye.. wos bad enuff Kate tellin me me wos incorrigable an 2 behave meself (wich me always dus these days) but the luffly obviously spotted me lookin smiled an made a face as she shouted ova..."not 2 nite babe..yas old enuff 2 b me mum!!" Jeez..... Naggy had a gud laff an for 1st time in ages felt me face go brite shada red!!!

OUCH!!! Frannie...welcome to the world baby girl!! Well...that silly girl didn't know what she missed!! But then again....with Kate at your side, who needs the silly tart??? You're far better off!!! BTW....you are still quite luffly and still quite young!!

Hugs,
The other Kate in your life LOL

darkeyes
Mar 27, 2008, 9:44 PM
OUCH!!! Frannie...welcome to the world baby girl!! Well...that silly girl didn't know what she missed!! But then again....with Kate at your side, who needs the silly tart??? You're far better off!!! BTW....you are still quite luffly and still quite young!!

Hugs,
The other Kate in your life LOL

Awwww ta mumsy..me is still luffly..but wotya mean...."quite young"???? Cheek!!!

Gleekybaby
Mar 28, 2008, 4:45 AM
Im 21 and so very proud of it!

and InsaneTyga is 29 going on 30 but more like going on 18 :p he crazy cute

CuddlyKate
Mar 28, 2008, 4:47 AM

*Grins evil grin from ear to ear*

Poor Frances. Time is passing you by isn't it? Never mind. It was such a pretty shade of red too.

darkeyes
Mar 28, 2008, 6:06 AM
*Grins evil grin from ear to ear*

Poor Frances. Time is passing you by isn't it? Never mind. It was such a pretty shade of red too.

Bitch!!

csrakate
Mar 28, 2008, 6:57 AM
Bitch!!

Now, now frannie....thought I taught you better than that!!! LOL!!! Go give Kate a big kiss and turn that pretty shade of red for her!!!!

Hugs!

Stargazer1417
Mar 29, 2008, 8:37 PM
I just turned 23.

I'm prepared for the following comment to come across as sounding a little out there... but I've always thought age is kind of a mental thing, and I'm pretty sure if we were looking at it that way, I'd be a bit older. I'm sure most people my age... even the 10 year olds trapped in the early teens body... would say the same thing, though.

Nevertheless... I'm a young'un, at least with regard to this site.