PDA

View Full Version : does it really happen...or just a fantasy?

Nettly72
Mar 8, 2008, 7:15 AM
I'm curious about something, are there really single females out there that want to be in a LTR with a couple....or is that just a fantasy? i ask because i've seen lots of profiles of couples (including my own) that ask for that, but i've never seen a single bi_fem asking to be part of a couple......just thought i'd get some opinions on the subject.

Lorcan
Mar 8, 2008, 10:28 AM
I remember at one point in my life i was a single female, and I met a couple that i wanted to be with, and if i'd stayed in that area longer it may have developed in to a LTR.

But i wasn't advertizing for it. I just happened to stumble upon a couple where I was attracted to them BOTH. And i think that that's the thing... how often do you find that? You're usually only attracted to one or the other... so i wouldn't have advertized for it because it's unlikely to happen.

welickit
Mar 8, 2008, 11:52 AM
Interesting issue. Yes single bi gals are out there but most don't seem to advertise the fact online. There were a few times when my wife was single that she was the single bi gal in a three way relationship. She enjoyed it for both the sex and other common interests with the couples she enjoyed time with. She still has contact with a couple of them. She also dated other women and men as singles and enjoyed both equally.
In our experience, single bi women seldom seek out a relationship online....unless they are professionals looking for $$$$$. There are a few who are real but they are few and far between. Chances of finding them are better at a gay pride event or a gay/lesbian establishment. :2cents:

diB4u
Mar 8, 2008, 2:31 PM
Well maybe your not looking in all the places.

I am single, pansexual, seeking a this sort of long term meaningful relationships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamory more than a mmf threesums.

alaskacouple
Mar 8, 2008, 3:16 PM
I think Lorcan hit the target on this question.

You are looking for a LTR, and that implies that you are looking for someone that you can love. It's hard to "advertise" for love. It's easy to advertise for casual sex and swinging, but love just sort of comes into our lives unexpectedly. That said, it helps to be in the right place at the right time and that is why these kind of sites are so useful.

I think we have to just be open to love - then walk through life with our eyes open waiting for love to pierce us with its surprises.

azirish
Mar 8, 2008, 5:25 PM
I have known, and do know a few **single** bi females. They always have a similar response to the "couple" thing. Good in theory, but once they see the husband, its crystal clear...its "his" fantasy...she is almost just a way for him to "get some" (as they told me). My friends also always note, they have zero attraction to the husband, but a mild attraction to the female portion of the couples that contact her. Once it is made clear to the "couples" she had no interest in "him" or the "couple" thing, they usually give up, according to what I was told.

Lorcan
Mar 9, 2008, 1:32 AM
There seems to be one dating site that is set up well for seeking for this:
http://www.polymatchmaker.com/ (http://www.polymatchmaker.com/)

good luck.

PolyLoveTriad
Mar 9, 2008, 7:46 AM
Well maybe your not looking in all the places.

I am single, pansexual, seeking a this sort of long term meaningful relationships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamory more than a mmf threesums.

Poly doesn't have to be more than MMF or FFM yeah it can be MMFFMFM lol but can also be just MMF or FFM :)

Also I don't really care for polymatchmaker.com anymore, used to be ok I guess it prolly still is, but eh whatever floats your boat!

the sacred night
Mar 14, 2008, 7:39 PM
I'd like to be part of a 3-person LTR, but I don't advertise it online simply because I don't think I'm going to find it there. I don't expect to find ANY type of LTR online. I do say all the time to my friends, though, that I'd be interested in that sort of thing, because maybe I can find that sort of relationship with people I actually know.

TaylorMade
Mar 14, 2008, 9:42 PM
I have known, and do know a few **single** bi females. They always have a similar response to the "couple" thing. Good in theory, but once they see the husband, its crystal clear...its "his" fantasy...she is almost just a way for him to "get some" (as they told me). My friends also always note, they have zero attraction to the husband, but a mild attraction to the female portion of the couples that contact her. Once it is made clear to the "couples" she had no interest in "him" or the "couple" thing, they usually give up, according to what I was told.

Bingo from the single bi female. I stay away from couples and am rarely interested in dating them b/c usually, its a case of "crouching bi woman, hidden husband/boyfriend". When she starts talking, it goes from "yes I'm married" to "He's not gonna be participating" to "Can he watch?" to "Can he join in, oral only, I promise", to " Can he put it in?". AGHHHH!! And despite making it clear in my profile that I am not interested in couples, they still message me.

I'm sure there are people who are different,in every rule, there are exceptions- - I'm aware of this. I pray I will be different when I am coupled up, but I worry that I will not be.

*Taylor*

the sacred night
Mar 16, 2008, 5:07 AM
Actually, I edited my profile in light of the discussion and included that I am interested in couples. If I'm in the lake already, it can't hurt to cast the net.

the mage
Mar 16, 2008, 8:07 AM
3 way sex is easy ..3 way love is very complex.
it takes bright people who enjoy emotional challange

thesea
Mar 22, 2008, 3:19 PM
i know of a couple of triads, best way to find this sort of thing is getting involved in your local poly scene.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 22, 2008, 4:51 PM
There are certain Poly sites that you can go to to find a Fem partner, Sweetie.
Good luck in your search. :}
Cat

the mage
Mar 23, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm curious about something, are there really single females out there that want to be in a LTR with a couple....or is that just a fantasy? i ask because i've seen lots of profiles of couples (including my own) that ask for that, but i've never seen a single bi_fem asking to be part of a couple......just thought i'd get some opinions on the subject.

There R lots but the percentages lie in them being in the D/s scene as opposed to vanilla relationships.