PDA

View Full Version : Sites for teens and an article in Seventeen Magazine

kitten
Mar 1, 2008, 7:19 PM
Dropping in with some quick information for teens. The April 2008 issue of Seventeen Magazine just hit our mailbox and there is an article on page 100 - "Could I be gay?".
It has a few questions to consider and then some great references to 2 websites for teens and one hotline.

www.sexetc.org

www.outproud.org

and 1-888-THE-GLNH
1-888-843-4564

Hope these resources are of help to any teenagers and young adults!

hugs as always,

onewhocares
Mar 1, 2008, 8:34 PM
Kitten,

Thank you for the great information. I am sure it will be of help to many.

Belle

Bi Exploring
Mar 1, 2008, 9:14 PM
That is very helpful and interesting information. I wish that type of information had been available when I was a young person. I guess the world generally evolves for the better. Thanks Kitten.:)

Bloodflower
Mar 1, 2008, 9:33 PM
HOORAY! I love how magazines for teenagers (especially women, as I used to read those magazines!) are treating homo/bisexuality as very real options and giving great advice for those struggling with their identity. RAH RAH FOR THE TEEN MAGAZINES! :three:

kitten
Mar 2, 2008, 8:06 AM
Me, too! Sometimes you have to dig past all the fashion and flirt articles but there is some good stuff in there.

12voltman59
Mar 2, 2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks for posting that information---its too bad we can't have that posted up in some permanent fashion on here so when teens look at this site---they might just move on to those places since we are not a site suitable for teens---or at least when they do come in the chat room or post on the board--it can be readily found and they are directed to that information.

Not2str8
Mar 2, 2008, 12:20 PM
How wonderful that there are resources for teens who question their orientation. There was nothing of the sort when I came of age. Just scores of people lining up to tell me I'd go to Hell if I didn't conform. Some resources like this would have made a huge difference, even though as a guy, I can't say I was ever into Seventeen Magazine. :bigrin:

DiamondDog
Mar 11, 2008, 8:15 PM
I read this article while I was waiting to get a hair cut.

I thought that it was good but I think they could have picked a lot better questions to answer like ones that didn't play into the false/negative stereotype that most/all teenage girls these days are into making out and having sex with each other or the stereotype that most/all women are bisexual to some degree and somehow subconsciously desire women on a sexual level even if they don't know it.

They didn't really offer much advice on what to do if you really are bi/lesbian, a teenager, and female, or how/why to come out to friends/family members.