PDA

View Full Version : Queer as Folk Marathon!!

unhetero
Feb 29, 2008, 6:57 PM
Anyone else into this show? I'm having a few friends...my few casual mates...over this weekend for a QAF party, they're bringing friends of theirs as well, so hopefully the whole thing will get out of hand :)

Still have to decide a few things, though:

-What season(s)/episodes should I play (I have the whole series)?

-What kind of alcohol should I stock (what’s in right now...wanna look cool in case any of these guys/gals are hip NYers)?

arcakes
Mar 3, 2008, 5:26 PM
Maybe it's just me but I could never get into that show. Always seemed to try too hard. I did like the original British version, though, after a friend showed it to me. I recommend that.

You probably already had your party but I live in NYC and I've noticed the whole citrusy/fruit vodka-thing seems to be going out. Lotta guys seem to be asking for smoother stuff straight, or for a basic drink like a martini – with GIN! Bulldog gin is one of the sponsors of the infamous d card parties in NY, so that’s been making the rounds and the snobby would expect you to stock your cabinet with several spiked collar bottles. But, I float in and out of that scene rather often, so pour at your own risk.

bisexualinsocal
Mar 3, 2008, 11:48 PM
...basic drink like a martini – with GIN!

Blasphemy! Kettle One FTW!

gfofbiguy
Mar 3, 2008, 11:58 PM
Blasphemy! Kettle One FTW!

Nope, Stoli....dirty martini...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

izzfan
Mar 7, 2008, 3:50 PM
Queer as Folk? is that the UK version or the US version? I haven't actually seen the US version (although I'm guessing that you're talking about the US version) so I can't give you any advice apart from suggesting that you find a copy of the UK version as it's really good, the only thing is that it only ran for 1 and a half series (the second one was a 2 hour long episode, the first series had 8 episodes).

Also, from what I gather, the UK version is somewhat more explicit in certain scenes [the first episode caused a lot of controversy when shown in the late 90s] than the US version and of course, it is set in Manchester rather than Pittsberg?

Izzfan :flag3:

(as for what type of Gin to have - I'd reccomend either Gordon's Gin or Bombay Sapphire)