Johnny Depp - Sweeny Todd
Tommy Lee Jones - In The Valley of Elah
Vigo Mortensen - Eastern Promises

5. Supporting Actor:

Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Charlie Wilson's War
Tom Wilkinson - Michael Clayton
Hal Holbrook - Into The Wild
Casey Affleck - The Assassination of Jesse James...

6. Supporting Actress:

Kate Blanchett - I'm Not There
Amy Ryan - Gone Baby Gone
Tilda Swinton - Michael Clayton
Ruby Dee - American Gangster
Saoirse Ronan - Atonement

12voltman59
Feb 24, 2008, 3:39 PM
Your selections all seem to be pretty good ones to me---I do think that There Will Be Blood will come away a big winner---in many of the categories it has been nominated.

The Barefoot Contess
Feb 24, 2008, 3:42 PM
It was an awesome picture, though.

darkeyes
Feb 24, 2008, 8:51 PM
Who cares who wins wot?? The cult of personality is an insidious misuse of an art form 2 mind numb the masses.... me luffs films...gud films.. luffs 2 c gud camera work actin writin...everythin that makes decent entertainment... but in end it don matta a jot reely who takes the prizes.. the oscars, like all the otha awards r ther 2 boost the coffers of the producers of the particular art form they well..produce... they simply the most effective at doin so... don matta wetha the film is ne gud or not..the performance ne gud or ne thin else.... its all 2 subjective 2 take seriously wheova votes for it..

Me adores Julie Christie as an actress...jeez..wen me wos wee me sat on er knee at a dinna party..an she looked an smelled divine..an er voice whisprin in me ear me will neva forget...don ask me wot she sed..me wos only 3..but me membas wot me membas.. an it all made a huge impression on me.. now me seen er performance..an its brill.. also saw Kiera Knightely's in Atonement..an its brill..an she aint even nominated... as performances they wer like chalk an cheese... but for all me lifetimes adoration of Julie..me thinks Kiera's performance wos much the betta... its all subjective is me point..an so..nun of it means sod all!