PDA

View Full Version : new chat

bigregory
Apr 21, 2005, 9:15 PM
hey bring it back dont tease me with 2 nights of it.
i thought it was so much better than the sticky site bi like 500%
any idea of when its going to be back up and running?
i cant wait..............
bigregory :flag4:

Brian
Apr 21, 2005, 11:06 PM
Hi bigreg,

One way or another I will be putting the new chat back up tomorrow (Friday). I have been holding off, waiting for the folks who created the new chat to fix what I think is an important little "fault" in it. But I may give up waiting for them to correct it, and simply roll out the new chat again, with instructions on how to get around this little fault.

The bi chat with video from digichat is very new and I think still has a few little annoyances/faults/bugs. :rolleyes:

But one way or another I think you can expect it to go back up tomorrow. :)

- Drew :paw:

ps. Sorry the server has been up and down tonight - I am sure everyone is being booted out of the old chat, and the entire site, when it happens. We are doing some "routine" software upgrades, and obviously my tech guy is finding out they aren't quite as routine as promised. Eventually though he will get past the glitches and the server will be back to it's very reliable self tonight.

Brian
Apr 22, 2005, 2:17 PM
Hi all! It's Friday!!!! (or maybe Saturday already for those of you in Australia!)

I switched the chat back over to the video-capable chat just now. It seems to work fine.

Three concerns/suggestions were raised with me about the new chat:

1. "Could there be a way to save one's chat icon?"

Yes, There now is. You can select your default chat icon in your "My Bisexual.com" control panel, under Edit Options, at the bottom of the page under the heading Miscellaneous Options - Chat Icon

2. "Could there be a list of chat emoticons/smilies?"

In the Chatroom you can now see the available emoticons and the codes by clicking on "View Chat Smilies" under the "DigiChat" menu in the upper left corner of the main chat window.

3. "In the main room of the new chat, it is harder to follow the converrsation, because there isn't as much room for scrolling."

I agree. I am working with the folks at DigiChat to help them realize that their chat could be better in this area. But I don't expect them to be able to change it quickly. We might have to live with this one for a while.

- Drew :paw: