PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Winter Pride 2008!!!!!

Azrael
Feb 18, 2008, 8:16 PM
Just wanted all interested parties in the greater bay area to be aware. Winter Pride is next Saturday the 23rd. Al Lopez Park, Tampa. 11a to 4p.

For more details check out:
http://winterpridetampabay.com/

I'll be there with a few of me wacky friends. Hope to see some of you there.

Peace out,
Tom
:bibounce:

rock-g'sguy
Feb 18, 2008, 8:43 PM
Whoo Hoo!!!! We're thinking of going!!!

nothings5d
Feb 18, 2008, 11:43 PM
This reminds me, I was wondering if any of you know of the pride parade that's held in Columbus, Ohio every year and the Columbus laws that make it one of the most interesting parades in the US. In Columbus the least clothing a woman can have on and not get arrested for public indecency is a g-string. That's it, completely topless is not illegal in Columbus.

And for a few years the parade was scheduled on either the Friday or Saturday of the Origins tabletop gaming convention and went right past the convention center. It's interesting to see all those D&D geeks walk out of their games to go look at the topless lesbians. And that's not stereotyping, I was in the convention center the day the day I found out about the parade first hand. About 1/5 to 1/4 of the people in the convention center headed outside. It's really funny when you see stereotypes come true in such large numbers, over 4000 gamers were there that day and literally hundreds of them went outside to watch. The convention center right where the parade was going past has 5 sets of completely glass doors with each set at least 30 feet wide. I had to step outside to figure out what was going on, because the parade was COMPLETELY blocked from view inside the convention center because of all the gamers. Interesting how stereotypes almost always have SOME basis in reality, even if they get blown out of proportion.:bigrin:

pasco_lol_cpl
Feb 18, 2008, 11:44 PM
Why is everything in my life scheduled for that weekend? :(

Delilah
Feb 19, 2008, 5:23 AM
Hey! I want to go! Let's all meet and greet together there and just hang out and celebrate with the rest. Anyone up for it?

lonelygirlintx
Feb 19, 2008, 11:04 AM
Is there ever one in Texas? I really wanna go!!!:(

HighEnergy
Feb 19, 2008, 9:09 PM
Most folks around here don't bother with the Cincinnati Pride events and just go to Columbus. I'd love to meet up with folks, so let me know if you're coming this way!

parkerbi
Feb 19, 2008, 9:45 PM
I will be there.:bibounce:

Not2str8
Feb 19, 2008, 11:54 PM
Going to try to make it there. Only a potential new job may interfere, but hopefully not. Would LOVE to meet up with anyone else from the room that might be going. Delilah, I've been dying to meet you ! (ok, not literally, but you know what I mean) ;)

pasco_lol_cpl
Feb 19, 2008, 11:58 PM
We'll we're trying to clear our schedules. So who knows.

Azrael
Feb 20, 2008, 12:07 AM
I'm game. BTW, the whole place is designated as a 'wet zone' :bigrin:

welickit
Feb 20, 2008, 5:36 AM
There will be lots of new vendors there this year along with the SPCA adoption van, bands and oodles of different types of food available. We do volunteer work at the Tampa pride fest and will be there around 6 in the morning getting things set up.

Delilah
Feb 20, 2008, 8:16 AM
There will be lots of new vendors there this year along with the SPCA adoption van, bands and oodles of different types of food available. We do volunteer work at the Tampa pride fest and will be there around 6 in the morning getting things set up.

Is it too late to volunteer?

Delilah
Feb 20, 2008, 8:18 AM
I am trying to find out about the parking space. The earlier the better?

pasco_lol_cpl
Feb 20, 2008, 10:08 AM
Probably since the park normally fills up pretty fast to begin with. With the demise to Tampa Bay Center I think that parking will be at a premium. Also over flow lots normally located at Jesuit High School and the AT&T park will probably be off limits this weekend as well.

Delilah
Feb 21, 2008, 11:09 AM
Going to try to make it there. Only a potential new job may interfere, but hopefully not. Would LOVE to meet up with anyone else from the room that might be going. Delilah, I've been dying to meet you ! (ok, not literally, but you know what I mean) ;)

I'm still waiting ;)

welickit
Feb 21, 2008, 1:55 PM
It is never to late to volunteer. Send us an email on yahoo, same screen name.
Parking is always a problem, especially if the weather is nice. The earlier you get there the better your chances.

Delilah
Feb 22, 2008, 11:57 AM
Just found out I won't be able to go. We have inventory coming up and required to go in :(

Not2str8
Feb 22, 2008, 12:39 PM
Arrggghhh ! Delilah I'm so bummed to know that you won't be there ! God, work sucks sometimes.

Azrael
Feb 23, 2008, 3:34 PM
Rained out :(

However, I did meet Not2Straight, His wife, and the Rockgardener couple :bigrin: It was worth it, but it sucks my friend Kelly and I only got to chill there for maybe an hour and they pulled the plug. Hopefully they will reschedule.
:flag3:

Delilah
Feb 23, 2008, 10:48 PM
Well, I'm here stuck at work and nobody else showed up. This is really ticking me off. Trust me on this, when my boss shows up in the morning, he is going to get an ear full from me.

Anyways, since we got this close to meet others. Why not create our own get together meet and greet for the weekend or one evening at a club/resort or something? We can use Tampa as the neutral ground. Any ideas?

Azrael
Feb 23, 2008, 11:10 PM
Well, I'm here stuck at work and nobody else showed up. This is really ticking me off. Trust me on this, when my boss shows up in the morning, he is going to get an ear full from me.

Anyways, since we got this close to meet others. Why not create our own get together meet and greet for the weekend or one evening at a club/resort or something? We can use Tampa as the neutral ground. Any ideas?

We missed u. I have some ideas, but I'm on my way out the door. Soon, tho :)

pasco_lol_cpl
Feb 23, 2008, 11:36 PM
We like the idea of a get together as well. Sorry we missed it, but with the weather and our sleeping in, it was a no go at our house :(

RockGardener
Feb 24, 2008, 8:14 AM
We were there, as you can tell by Az's post. We had a good time for the little bit of time there was. We would be very interested in getting together with a group for meet and greet. We're between Tampa and Orlando, so we can go either way. (pun intended:three:)

Let's do it!!!

welickit
Feb 24, 2008, 8:35 AM
It is very doubtful that it will be rescheduled. To much expense involved after having to pay for yesterday then getting rained out. We had a good turn out of volunteers. They started showing up at 6:30 AM and were still reporting in when mother nature unloaded on us. The food vendors took a pretty bad hit. They started cooking food by 7 and when the call came to shut down they had all kinds of stuff cooked and no chance of selling it. We hope it doesn't prevent them from wanting to return next year. Regardless, there were some great folks there and oodles of them gave up their day off to lend a hand. Maybe next year it will be bigger and better.:bipride:

Not2str8
Feb 24, 2008, 12:14 PM
Great idea Delilah. There's nothing that says it has to be an organized event. I think it's be great fun to organize our own meet & greet.

nothings5d
Feb 25, 2008, 6:24 AM
It is very doubtful that it will be rescheduled. To much expense involved after having to pay for yesterday then getting rained out. We had a good turn out of volunteers. They started showing up at 6:30 AM and were still reporting in when mother nature unloaded on us. The food vendors took a pretty bad hit. They started cooking food by 7 and when the call came to shut down they had all kinds of stuff cooked and no chance of selling it. We hope it doesn't prevent them from wanting to return next year. Regardless, there were some great folks there and oodles of them gave up their day off to lend a hand. Maybe next year it will be bigger and better.:bipride:

They might want to consider in the future having a location that affords indoors as well as outdoors so that if the weather gets in the way it doesn't stop everything.

papa33566
Feb 25, 2008, 6:43 AM
dam, missed it, would have like to gone... next time !

rock-g'sguy
Feb 25, 2008, 8:23 AM
:bibounce:
So when are we all getting together for our own bi-sexual event?
I was looking and see that there is about 20-30 members in and around the Tampa/Orlando area that are close enough to get together.... RockGarderner and I are open and willing to maybe help in trying to get this going. So any and all that wants to, lets get together and make our own Pride 2008!!!!!:bibounce:

papa33566
Feb 25, 2008, 8:56 AM
sounds like a good idea, let me know if I can help