PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Plug for a LGBT Documentary (US)

elian
Feb 16, 2008, 11:57 AM
If there is a better place to put this I apologize in advance.

A local filmmaker created this film:

http://www.forthebibletellsmeso.org/index2.htm

I went to see it in a local Presbyterian church, it was great to see the place PACKED full of people as the area where I live is generally thought of as conservative. There wasn't much opposition in town until the last available showing - I suppose by then they were able to rally against it.

Deals with issues of Christianity and the Bible, self-worth and the struggle for several parents in conservative families to come to terms with a LGBT child.

-E

12voltman59
Feb 16, 2008, 1:04 PM
That looks like an excellent film---if its a Sundance award winner-it would have to be---I will try to find it---thanks for the post.

Sex in Words
Feb 16, 2008, 6:01 PM
This is an excellent film, I highly recommend seeing it if you can find it. Thanks for sharing with our members!

gfofbiguy
Feb 17, 2008, 2:40 PM
I would love to see this film, but alas living in the cultural black hole of the United States (a.k.a. Las Vegas), it is not going to be shown here (I checked on the website). I will hopefully see it if it comes on either IFC or Sundance channels.

elian
Feb 18, 2008, 10:46 AM
If you REALLY want to see it you can also order a DVD off of the site..although seeing it with a GROUP of folks was a totally different experience..and the Q&A with the director afterwards was very intriguing.

-E