PDA

View Full Version : Have been thinking too much!!

have_been_thinking
Feb 16, 2008, 1:55 AM
Hi everybody, I'm a 21 year old guy, badly confused and depressed due to things that have happening for the past few weeks. I joined a gym about 3 weeks back and since then the only thing that has been on my mind, is my instructor! I always knew I was bi but I have never been so confused. I have many close friends who are girls, I have also felt emotionally attachted to certain people (mostly girls and maybe a couple of men) but this is the very first time I'm am being so strongly attracted to a man and this has been the most powerful attraction ever! He ( my instructor ) is most definetely straight, he has a girlfriend and they are very much in love. Now, the problem is that inspite of knowing all this, I just CANNOT get him off my mind, I know it is pointless but what do I do ?? Sometimes I feel like telling him...."please be an asshole so that I can stop thinking of you" To make things worse for me, he's really nice to me and we get along very well. I'm not necessarily sexually attracted to him, I'm emotionally attracted to him which I think is a bigger problem! What do I do? :( Please help me with this........thank you!

BiphobiaFighter
Feb 16, 2008, 2:52 AM
Ah, crushes that probably won't be reciprocated. I know those. Luckily, they tend to fade away over time even if he doesn't reveal an unpleasant side to his personality. :)

Seeing him less often might make it fade away quicker. Getting your mind a new hobby, a revisited old hobby, meeting some new people or getting back in contact with friends you lost contact with might help too (some of those have helped a really, really strong crush I had for a lot of last year fade away). :)

shameless agitator
Feb 16, 2008, 5:04 AM
I agree with the fighter. You may also want to change gyms.

have_been_thinking
Feb 18, 2008, 1:33 AM
Ah, crushes that probably won't be reciprocated. I know those. Luckily, they tend to fade away over time even if he doesn't reveal an unpleasant side to his personality. :)

Seeing him less often might make it fade away quicker. Getting your mind a new hobby, a revisited old hobby, meeting some new people or getting back in contact with friends you lost contact with might help too (some of those have helped a really, really strong crush I had for a lot of last year fade away). :)

Thank you BiphobiaFighter and ShamelessAgitator. I really feel better now, actually I'm glad that atleast there's someone who understands what it's like. The feeling is fading but it's not easy......I meet him almost everyday and will have to do so for a long time. I know there's no point thinking all day and I'm about 99.9% sure that the feeling will fade away but at the same time, I can't think of changing gyms, it is nice to atleast have him around as a friend :)

And I will definetely work on your advise. Thanks again and a big hug!!

have_been_thinking
Feb 18, 2008, 1:34 AM
I agree with the fighter. You may also want to change gyms.

Thank you BiphobiaFighter and ShamelessAgitator. I really feel better now, actually I'm glad that atleast there's someone who understands what it's like. The feeling is fading but it's not easy......I meet him almost everyday and will have to do so for a long time. I know there's no point thinking all day and I'm about 99.9% sure that the feeling will fade away but at the same time, I can't think of changing gyms, it is nice to atleast have him around as a friend :) Thanks again and a big hug!!