PDA

View Full Version : RIP Crayloa---my litttle cat with the big attitude

12voltman59
Feb 9, 2008, 10:44 AM
The other night when chatting--I had a "kitty crisis" that took me away from the board---my oldest kitty has been fading for the past few months--

I have to report that overnight---my old girl, Crayola passed on----I got up a bit late this morrning as I like to do on Saturday mornings---I could not find her---she had been mostly sleeping the past few days and has been lying in corners and the like---that is always a sign--I did figure that Crayola was getting very close before I went to bed last night---she was alive--but barely--

She crawled back into a corner under some things---and passed on--it is always something at how animals do that---

I don't know how much she had been suffering the past few days--maybe not really too much--I did spend sometime "saying goodbye" in recent days.

I will miss the cat--she was a unique cat--- for a cat-- she lived big and had big time attitude!!!!---she was around 18 years old--so she had many good years of playing--and getting cozy in her boxes in front of the fireplace during the winter and doing other kitty things the rest of the time.

Just wanted to share with you that my old girl passed on!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/mpgarr/P1010034.jpg

Catman
Feb 9, 2008, 11:14 AM
My condolences. She was a beautiful cat.

12voltman59
Feb 9, 2008, 11:59 AM
It is something how we get attached to these little creatures---they do work their way into your heart---I like to say about the cats and dogs I have had--"they are little bundles of love wrapped in fur coats!"

I guees her passing today makes me thinks about those in my life that have passed on, those who walked on two legs with shoes on their feet, and the four-legged ones on their soft paws.

I don't really know if or what is out there for us past this life--but this song by Lyle Lovett is kind of the way I like to think of it--"Family Reserve" where all those special people that made their way in and our of our lives are gathered---like one big long family reunion in some nice place--for me a spot much like that at our family's lake house----that is where I am going to take the kitty and give her back to the earth----

Here are the lyrics of this song---not quite as powerful to read song lyrics as it is to hear the song--for those of you so inclined-I am sure you can find it somewhere on the net to download or something--

Lyle Lovett - Family Reserve Lyrics

(Lyle Lovett)
When I saw the ambulance
Screaming down Main Street
I didn't give it a thought
But it was my Uncle Eugene
He died on October the second 1981

And my Uncle Wilbert
They all called him Skinner
They said for his younger ways
He'd get drunk in the morning
And show me the rolls of fifties and hundreds
He kept in the glove box of his old gray Impala

And we're all gonna be here forever
So Mama don't you make such a stir
Now put down that camera
And come on and join up
The last of the family reserve

Now my second cousin
His name was Callaway
He died when he'd barely turned two
It was peanut butter and jelly that did it
The help she didn't know what to do
She just stood there and watched him turn blue

And we're all gonna be here forever
Just put down that camera
And come on and join up

And my friend Brian Temple
He thought he could make it
So from the third story he jumped
He missed the swimming pool
Only by inches
And everyone said he was drunk

Now there was great Uncle Julius
And Aunt Annie Mueller
And Mary and Granddaddy Paul
And there was Hanna and Ella
And Alvin and Alec
He owned his own funeral hall

And there are more I remember
And more I could mention
Than words I could write in a song
But I feel them watching
And I see them laughing
And I hear them singing along

We're all gonna be here forever
Just put down that camera
And come on and join up

csrakate
Feb 9, 2008, 12:29 PM
So sorry for your loss, Volty! I know how much you love your animals! Seems like we lose a little piece of ourselves when we lose one of our furry kids!

Hugs,
Kate

marcelloNYC
Feb 9, 2008, 12:59 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

I lost my dog in August to Cancer in his heart, I feel your pain.

The following poem I found when he died, it is sad, but beautiful!

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Here is something I received in an email:

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest - and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Ciao,
Marcello

curiouslady
Feb 9, 2008, 1:51 PM
I was sorry to hear about your loss. I know how attached we get to our fury friends. They become part of our family and lives. I know I will be losing my cat with in the year..i am not lookin forward to losing my friend and feeling the hurt that u are feeling now.

texasman6172003
Feb 9, 2008, 2:00 PM
Hey Volty so sorry to hear of yur kitty. I have one cat that loves to play in boxes. His name is Bandit. He loves boxes like yur girl did.We do grow attached to the furry critters. :)

arana
Feb 9, 2008, 2:23 PM
I'm so sorry ((((Volty)))). I know in many way's its like losing a child and its very hard. You still expect them to come prancing around the corner at any minute. I'm sure she led a very full and happy life with you and loved you very much. She's left you with some good memories and those you'll always have.

diB4u
Feb 9, 2008, 2:34 PM
Awww hun im sorry for your loss to your family.

My beloved Dog Robbie died over a year ago now, to bowel cancer. ITs hard when you have to say goodbye to a family member regardless if its a human being or a fury one. A life is still a sacred thing.

allbimyself
Feb 9, 2008, 2:56 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, volt. The loss of a pet is a difficult thing. But then, if you were one of those callous individuals that weren't hurt, Crayola wouldn't have had a happy life.

12voltman59
Feb 9, 2008, 6:31 PM
Thanks guys---I went up to the lake house today to bury her there--it was chilly and windy--the wind was coming in off the water at about 30 mph--but I dug her grave--I had made a makeshift casket for her from an old wooden wine case box--wrapped her in a towel---put some trinkets in with her along with a sheet of paper containing some thoughts I had of her---and gave her little body over the the elements---when the spring comes--I am going to go to one of the area garden places where they make those garden stones for things like this---now she can be playing where its always a bright warm sunny day!!!

I still do have the other cats, but that cat was a very special one---like I said---she had major "ATTITUDE" She was a one-of-a-kind!! Her attitude was such that she was not just Crayola---she was "THE Crayola!!!" She could have been the model for some new form of being--like Zen Buddaism or something!!

Crayola actually started out being one of my sister's cats and somehow she later became one of my mom's cats and since my folks moved on to Florida--I took her---

Sorry to hear about everyone else who has lost pets too---like I said--it is amazing that we can get so darn attached to little critters--but then again--I kinda look on 'em as being "fur people."

Once again---thanks folks!!!

BicuriousIndy2
Feb 9, 2008, 8:35 PM
Like it has been said it is very sad to loose a friend they become like children. Just keep remembering the good/fun times smile at the thoughts and yes let a tear out from time to time.

Sorry for the loss

Dave

Doggie_Wood
Feb 9, 2008, 8:40 PM
I can't say enough or too much, given what and how you are feeling now volty, ny friend. Except that I have been where you are now, when I lost my cat, BJ. They truely are like children, full of love and trust. And meaness when they get one of their attitudes in a twist.
My heart is out to ya bud.

:doggie:

vittoria
Feb 9, 2008, 8:58 PM
I feel your pain Volty :(

I lost my best friend Eleanor, a boxer, a few years ago...:doggie:

She was AWESOME!

She was like another person... always knew when I was cooking bacon ( she came running into the kitchen... and sat in front of the stove when she knew it was done)--liked sitting underneath the upright piano by my feet when I played--She always listened (she even liked Miller Genuine Draft!)

I miss her alot... and sometimes I still cry when I think of her... Amazing what they do to us... they are wonderful companions, and they dont have to say a word to touch our lives.

I'm certain your kitty Crayola will be missed

Hugs!!!:grouphug:

V

gfofbiguy
Feb 9, 2008, 10:53 PM
Volty, I'm so sorry to hear of Crayloa's passing. I wanted to answer earlier today, but it was a little difficult for me. I just got back from my parents' home in Wisconsin about a week ago, and my cat Blackie (that I left with them when I moved to Las Vegas) is about 16 years old and suffering from severe kidney disease and he was very ill the day we (Bisexualnewbie and I) arrived and we did an emergency vet run that morning - he is doing better now at the moment...I know his time is going to be up sooner rather than later and your thread just hit home for me. I believe she's still with you and I also believe in the Rainbow Bridge that marcelloNYC talked about...all my pets that have passed on, I hope are waiting for me there. It sounds like she had a wonderful home and a wonderful "daddy". {{{{{HUGSZ, Volty}}}}}

arana
Feb 9, 2008, 11:13 PM
Volty, I'm so sorry to hear of Crayloa's passing. I wanted to answer earlier today, but it was a little difficult for me. I just got back from my parents' home in Wisconsin about a week ago, and my cat Blackie (that I left with them when I moved to Las Vegas) is about 16 years old and suffering from severe kidney disease and he was very ill the day we (Bisexualnewbie and I) arrived and we did an emergency vet run that morning - he is doing better now at the moment...I know his time is going to be up sooner rather than later and your thread just hit home for me. I believe she's still with you and I also believe in the Rainbow Bridge that marcelloNYC talked about...all my pets that have passed on, I hope are waiting for me there. It sounds like she had a wonderful home and a wonderful "daddy". {{{{{HUGSZ, Volty}}}}}

(((((((( gfofbiguy )))))))))))) I'm sorry sweetie. I hope you get as much time with blackie as possible.

12voltman59
Feb 9, 2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks for reminding me about The Rainbow Bridge---I had posted things on them in the past when some other pets passed on--I will check the site out again.

gfofbiguy
Feb 9, 2008, 11:57 PM
(((((((( gfofbiguy )))))))))))) I'm sorry sweetie. I hope you get as much time with blackie as possible.

Thank you, (((((Arana))))). I don't see him much now as I've lived in Las Vegas for 10 years now, but I do see him several times a year. He "picked" my parents out at the pound the year they brought him home for me for Christmas - my parents stopped by his cage, got him out and apparently he took one look at them and thought "They won't be any trouble" LOL No, he did go into my dad's arms and patted him on his cheeks with his paws - he "picked" them :) ...they also made me promise I wouldn't take him with me when I moved out, whether it was across the city or across the country. He was my "little fat guy", was 17 pounds of kitty...now he's down to 13 pounds of kitty and my "little guy" now. I'm so glad that I was able to see him this last visit and that Bisexualnewbie got to meet him too.

He's always been "my" cat, or maybe I'm "his" person - when I go back to visit, if my mom is holding him and I walk into the room, he'll push off from her and jump into my arms LOL He is my sweetie, that's for sure.

I know his time will be soon, like I said, but he also knows that we, either my parents or I, will be able to make the right decision for him so he doesn't suffer. (I like the second thing that marcelloNYC posted in his message, that he had received in an email...very apropos)

FriedDuck
Feb 10, 2008, 3:24 AM
sry dat ur pussy die. :(