PDA

View Full Version : Married woman coming out?

Sunta
Apr 20, 2005, 12:46 PM
Hello,

I am new to this board seeking support for possibly coming out. I'm in love with my best friend but I'm married and I love my husband too. I don't know what to do!

Anyone else out there in the same situation???

Would love to hear from you, any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Snafu
Apr 20, 2005, 10:37 PM
Similiar situation. I am married and coming out. I did feel like I was in love with this girl at work who moved to New Mexico. I emailed back and forth with her after she moved and did tell her that I had had a crush on her the whole time she worked with us and she was really cool about it but hadn't known. I was surprised that she hadn't known! And it was so strange because my heart felt like this HUGE helium balloon around her! It just wanted to happily float toward the sky! I know, sounds cheesy! But it really got me thinking about my sexual orientation and now I am in the throws of coming out and renegotiating my life as bisexual or "mostly gay" and married. There are a couple good married lesbian and bisexual websites that I have found helpful!
Yahoo has a group lesbianinastraightmarriage. Very active. It is good and they are dealing with a good number of the same issues I am.
And the other one is http://marriedlesbians.net/ which isn't as active but specifically says it is for bisexuals and married woman and the people seem more accepting.
Please email me any time. Things I am dealing with is, should I come out? And should I push my husband to have an open relationship and am I just never going to be happy unless I have a female in my life? And just generally how do I do this bisexual thing and feel satisfied and married at the same time. How do you be queer and straight basically all at once? Well, good luck!

kgsb2
Apr 28, 2005, 4:49 AM
I'm really glad I just dropped in. My situation is a little different to both of yours but in a way, maybe I can help you and maybe you can help me. I'm actually in a very happy relationship with a woman (so I can tell you all about it from a hetero-ish perspective). My discovery started originally by falling in love with my best friend too. But this relationship is different, we started off being openly sexually attracted to each other and now enjoy a beautiful relationship that is quite old (7 years), but now I'm considering leaving it to be with a man that I haven't met! Sounds mad, eh? We took a break and both tried dating, but neither of us was very impressed. I guess, I thought maybe you could tell me about whether the whole marriage-hetero thing is worth it... worth giving up a love I share in a very happy life with a bright (despite complicated) future. Can you?

BIGIRLONLINE
Apr 28, 2005, 10:29 AM
undefinedundefined
First let me say that its great to see woman taking the step to express their true desires. I think I can relate to some of what you are going through. I am very happily married to a very understanding man. This is my second marriage. The first was to someone who would have never understood my desires to be more than "just friends" with my girlfriends. I felt trapped-like I was not living my real life. I never came out to him because he would have never understood. This also kept me from acting on my feelings with woman. While dating hubby #2, I discussed my desires to be with woman -- which he was totally accepting of. It also opened up doors for him to explore as well. We evolved into the "swinger" lifestyle because we found that when meeting couples.. there a many (thousands) of woman out there who felt just like I did. Of course we have met some really freaky people, but I have met woman who want the intimacy, closeness and relationships that I was looking for... all the while not sacrificing my marriage. There is nothing like having both a girlfriend and a boyfriend or husband at the same time. You truelly have the best of both worlds. I hope you take the next step to exploring your own personal lifestyle. If I can help you in any way, please drop me a note.

bigregory
Apr 28, 2005, 11:31 PM
be open and honest with your guy..
then go girl......
bigregory :flag3:

rachel
May 1, 2005, 12:17 AM
Hi Everyone-

It is almost 12:30 on a Saturday night & I JUST found this website & after much searching found this "Thread". I recently got married to my boyfriend of over 8 years. We have a great relationship in all areas but sometimes I just have this overwhelming desire to be with a woman. I never have, except in my fantasies. I have even purchased videos to make it a little more exciting for myself but I still can't help but feel the desire/need to see what it is really like to be with a woman. I am totally confused. UGHHHHH!!!!

Ratchick
May 2, 2005, 7:28 PM
Okay,
My last GF is Bi and married for 13 years to a man.
When she met him she told him she was Bisexual. HE understood that from time to time she woudl have Girlfreinds. It all worked out well. He ave us time by ourselves, and understood. I think Openess is the key. Letting your partner know. IF you try to hide it, it will only get in the way of your relationship later.
-RC