PDA

View Full Version : Guys, Let's Go Clubbing...

TaylorMade
Jan 17, 2008, 9:59 PM
In my new location, I've got a couple (http://www.revolutionorlando.com/)options (http://www.parliamenthouse.com/orlando/default.asp) as to night life. I don't usually like to meet people in clubs, but I figure with a new city, maybe a new ethic : Let's try to meet bi guys in clubs. . .b/c I don't know where the fuck else to go.

So, I want to ask the single guys close to my age... would you hit on a woman you see at a gay club...even if you were there to meet men?

*Taylor*

MrRizzano
Jan 17, 2008, 10:18 PM
I would like to go to a gay bar to pick up a guy or two (or three) to take home and have my way with them while my wife watches.

Flounder1967
Jan 17, 2008, 11:00 PM
I just wish i was brave enough to go to a club at all.

shameless agitator
Jan 17, 2008, 11:01 PM
I wouldn't, but not because I was looking for men. I wouldn't try to pick up a woman at a gay bar because I'd figure she was looking for women.

Not2str8
Jan 18, 2008, 12:10 AM
Not single, nor all that close to your age Taylor, but in the situation you describe, I would have to talk with her for awhile in order to determine if she's there just for women. It shouldn't take all that long to figure out whether or not she would be receptive. If I got any kind of positive feedback, I'd ask her out. And if she said yes, I think I would have just found a more interesting woman than I'm likely to meet in a straight club.

diB4u
Jan 18, 2008, 7:57 AM
I've got no problems going to a straight club, a gay club, or clubs for BBw women, or clubs for Trans like minded women and men....

IF a person likes me then yay.

I'd be more happy though, take away the loud music, other people and i'll have a great time with the person lol...

the mage
Jan 18, 2008, 8:26 AM
Its all situational isn't it?
I've been to gay bars to meet both men and women for social events.
You gotta whip out the Gaydar tools in there and decide on whom to approach.

warmpuppy
Jan 18, 2008, 9:30 AM
I probably have been in 10 gay clubs in my lifetime. I've been approached twice by women. In both cases, the women were hot for guys who like other guys. I ended up having a one-night stand with one of them. As I recall, the other one was really weird, so I played my gay card.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. My limited experience is that hetero contacts in gay bars lead to one night stands, while an encounter in a str8 place has a greater chance of becoming a relationship.

TaylorMade
Jan 18, 2008, 12:03 PM
I probably have been in 10 gay clubs in my lifetime. I've been approached twice by women. In both cases, the women were hot for guys who like other guys. I ended up having a one-night stand with one of them. As I recall, the other one was really weird, so I played my gay card.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. My limited experience is that hetero contacts in gay bars lead to one night stands, while an encounter in a str8 place has a greater chance of becoming a relationship.

If it makes you feel any better, my MO is usually to take the phone number...call it later that night- - 3 A.M or so (Clubs in Orlando Close at 2), make a lunch date for the next day (or make the date while still at the club), then see where it goes.

That's usually worked with both men and women.

*Taylor*

warmpuppy
Jan 18, 2008, 12:18 PM
If it makes you feel any better, my MO is usually to take the phone number...call it later that night- - 3 A.M or so (Clubs in Orlando Close at 2), make a lunch date for the next day (or make the date while still at the club), then see where it goes.

That's usually worked with both men and women.

*Taylor*

There was one time when I made contact with a guy in a str8 club. I had forgotten about it. He openly flirted with me all night. I ended up going with him to his car in the parking lot, but all we did was make out. That was one strange night. Never saw the guy again.

Uneedhands
Jan 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
The only clubbing I do is seal clubbing.

... but seriously, sure whatever. I don't go to gay bars. I don't go out with the intention to pick up. I like seedy hotel/bars, taverns, pubs, and concert venues. I come home with bruises more often than someone to squeeze.

bijohnmpls
Jan 18, 2008, 5:56 PM
I have tried, but no luck at gay bars... I have even tried meeting some MF couples dancing.

"At first you don't succeed, try, try again!" is what I always say.

TaylorMade
Jan 18, 2008, 6:11 PM
I have tried, but no luck at gay bars... I have even tried meeting some MF couples dancing.

<looks at profile picture.... And YOU'RE single?

*Taylor*

wolfcamp
Jan 18, 2008, 7:28 PM

I went to the Townhouse in Minneapolis a few times. Interesting place. It's the closest thing to a bi bar that I've seen. Most of the patrons were a lot younger than me, but not everyone. Lots of pretty girls and interesting looking guys. I saw a few cross-dressers and a few manly looking women. I saw girls with girls, guys with guys, and girls with guys. I saw tables full of girls, but I suspected that they were just girls from the UofM out clubbing. I found it a little confusing. Maybe I'm a little naive. I was attracted visually to the girls, but I wasn't sure of the protocol. A couple times I caught the girls looking back, so I know that at least some were attracted to guys (unless they were just wondering what was going on with the old guy. LOL) A few guys grabbed my butt. That was different, but kind of fun. IF there had not been such an age difference, I would see no problem in striking up a conversation with one of those girls. Of course, when I was younger I was too shy to approach a girl in a bar.

parkerbi
Jan 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
never tried to bring a guy home from bar. I'm shy and usually start with a online chat. So I'd rather go to dating site.:flag2:

csrakate
Jan 22, 2008, 3:45 PM
never tried to bring a guy home from bar. I'm shy and usually start with a online chat. So I'd rather go to dating site.:flag2:

....a dating site like the one that you continue to advertise in ALL of your posts??? Please....we've caught on....we know what you are doing....about time you paid the bill for all the advertising you seem to be doing.

hursseppunnkky
Jan 23, 2008, 9:20 AM
Although i have not got that oppotunity of gay clubbing and the major reason is that the enviroment i belong to does not give freedom of which sex to chooce but i dont mind meeting a fellow gay at any club if he invited me or we just got to discover that we are both gay ,yes we can become iseparable friend from there on

vittoria
Feb 3, 2008, 9:06 PM
Its all situational isn't it?
I've been to gay bars to meet both men and women for social events.
You gotta whip out the Gaydar tools in there and decide on whom to approach.

ahhhh...Gaydar...

The equipment of champions...

hikuwai
Feb 16, 2008, 9:02 AM
Is this poll supposed to be only for men?

Bicuriousity
Feb 22, 2008, 10:24 PM
I';ve heard it is a great place for guys to meet girls, especially bi guys.