PDA

View Full Version : Cross-dressing groom turns up at his own wedding in a bride's dress

TaylorMade
Jan 10, 2008, 6:35 PM
Cross-dressing groom turns up at his own wedding in a bride's dress
(Yes, I know the headline is sensationalistic and awful, but it's the Daily Mail...gotta roll with it)
Last updated at 14:28pm on 10th January 2008
DailyMail.co.uk/No Author Given

EXCERPT: A cross-dressing factory worker's family only found out he had a secret double life as a transvestite when he arrived at his own wedding - wearing a bride's DRESS.

Dean Dudley, 35, has been dressing up in women's clothes and make-up since the age of six but never even told his mother.

And he kept his alter-ego 'Deanne' a secret from his macho workmates at an engineering factory for fear of being teased.

Rest of the Story (and pictures) Here (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=507268&in_page_id=1770)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I admit it, I think it's kind of a nice story in that it's one less couple with no secrets. One woman who was open enough to accept a date from the guy who offered her a hairbrush in the ladies bathroom (and was probably dressed pretty freakin' nice too!). I say she gets a thumbs up and stuff.

*Taylor*

Skater Boy
Jan 10, 2008, 6:49 PM
Mo' power to 'em, I say. Good for them, if they're both happy.

One small niggle though, I do rather dislike the tone that some of the English tabloid newspapers use when covering such stories. But I guess they're aimed at people of a similar mind-set so...

HighEnergy
Jan 10, 2008, 6:51 PM
I like the story. Good for them. I think all marriages would be better off if you got to be who you really were. I don't understand the folks who don't tell their spouses about their orientation, etc. Personally I think the definition of marriage requires open honesty.

So Taylor, I see you are counting down to an exciting change in your life. I've been wondering why but haven't noted an explanation. What's up? I wish you all the best in your new place!

the mage
Jan 10, 2008, 8:00 PM
Acceptance of the true self in another is real love.