PDA

View Full Version : buddy list, just an idea

chulainn2
Jan 10, 2008, 2:53 PM
I just added a buddy list to my profile. Other sites have buddy lists and I thought it may be good, especially, for new people when they are reading your profile, to get familiar with us as a group.
What do you think about adding buddy lists to our profiles? Not a snob thing but a way to let people network better and make new friends.
If you think it sucks, well that won't be the first time I have come up with a bone-head idea, and the year is still young!

shameless agitator
Jan 10, 2008, 3:50 PM
Not a bad idea. It would probably be more effective though, if you created links to their profiles. If you really wanted to screw with it, you could make the clickable link their avatar ala myspace & facebook

Doggie_Wood
Jan 10, 2008, 4:32 PM
What? And now I have to go back and re-edit my profile? UGGGGGHHHHH!!!:bigrin:. .:smilies15. .:cowboy:. .:upside:. .:color:. .:crosseye:. .:rotate:. .:wiggle2:. :cutelaugh. .:cutelaugh. .:cutelaugh. .:cutelaugh

Just kidding - sounds like a good idea to me chu, and your suggestions to enhance the list is keen too AS

:doggie:

Skater Boy
Jan 10, 2008, 4:41 PM
Its a nice idea... but I think if we had buddy lists a la Myspace, some people would get offended if and when they were denied being added to someone's list. and I'd like to think that we are ALL buddies already, in a manner of speaking.

But... I suppose it might make networking easier, and if so, I'm all for it.

TaylorMade
Jan 10, 2008, 6:23 PM
Its a nice idea... but I think if we had buddy lists a la Myspace, some people would get offended if and when they were denied being added to someone's list. and I'd like to think that we are ALL buddies already, in a manner of speaking.

But... I suppose it might make networking easier, and if so, I'm all for it.

My biggest worry is the drama that could come from not being included in a profile or being included when people want to keep that connection on the sly. While it may make a couple friends, I worry about the friendships it may split apart.

*Taylor*

chulainn2
Jan 10, 2008, 9:58 PM
oops, meant to include 12 volt and showmeguy, maybe a buddy list is not such a good idea.

chulainn2
Jan 10, 2008, 9:59 PM
because you might accidentally forget someone....

FerociousFeline
Jan 10, 2008, 11:37 PM
An interesting idea.

Probably the best way to implement it would be just to copy the current buddy list from inside the client settings into a preset place on the profile. Then it would be updated as the drama unfolded and you could actively see who was pissed at who and who was making piece. <g>

FF

blackout
Jan 11, 2008, 1:56 AM
Bad idea. Who is on my buddy list isn't anyone else's business but my own. :)

shameless agitator
Jan 11, 2008, 2:24 AM
Forgot there already was a buddy list. I'm sure there's a way to make it viewable for those who want to. I'll see if I can figure out how. If not we can always ask Drew.

12voltman59
Jan 11, 2008, 9:25 AM
oops, meant to include 12 volt and showmeguy, maybe a buddy list is not such a good idea.

Thanks for adding me to your list Chu---I was not hurt because I was not added initially since I did not even know you had done this till I just read this post--LOL.

It is a good idea----but like ya said--you may not remember everyone you would want to include--its kinda like when ya come into the chat room when its busy and you have everyone doing the (((((hey)))) thing---I invariably miss someone to include in my responses---I guess its bad eyesyight or a overall brain glitch---but I always seem to miss someone--and that is not a slight of them--just that I did not see them on the online list!! LOL