PDA

View Full Version : The bi-versification of bisexual.com?

proseros
Jan 8, 2008, 6:15 PM
I offer some suggested forum links:

Lounge: Wutever and all foolery

Geometry: Forum addresses dynamics of Triadual and Equidual relationships, explores and shares approach to formation and maintenance equitable bonds between partners.

NOTE: The word "equadual" [Ee-Kwa-Joo-el] is invented from Equal-Four-Dual or "two equal pair". "Trisexual" cannot mean anything. There is only one sex made of two genders, thus Triadual(Traingle-add-Pair: So to indicate consisting of a pair and one gender.

HHF (Health Hygiene and Fitness): Generally, but especially in the context of pansexual
relationships

Binance(Business and Finance): As well as career and education discussion here.

Culture and Contrast: (Explores roles of social and sexual culture and ethnic interests within the context of pansexuality) I feel extrememly important to explore and learn how our pansexualities are figured in -or out of out individual culture and ethnic background!

Bioetry and Biaku: Yes its corny, but all poetry, essay and related written rumination and reverie go here.

Philosophy, Religon and Ethics: speaks for itself

Arts and Entertainment (An XXX section is menued from this)

Bi Libre:Pansexual psychology and literature review
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Just some suggestions. Please! I would Like to know what other forum avenues might be suggested.

FalconAngel
Jan 8, 2008, 7:34 PM
Okay.
Not to diminish what you are proposing, some of these new and approved labels for things sounds a lot like when we hear some of our fellow Pagans refer to non-Pagan folk as "muggles".

This site has seen a lot of this "touchy-feely" kind of label-changing. Now I know that many of you will call it old fashioned, but why not call a spade a spade.

Instead of these techno-inteligencia-doublespeak kinds of labels for things, couldn't we just call upon the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) rule for these words that you've come up with?

Let's just make it simple to say AND understand. The more complex labels we give ourselves and our situations, the more complex and confusing it is to those that want to shut us back up in the closet or just discount us and the easier it is for others to denigrate us.

This isn't the creation of some secret code, like the code talkers of WWII; It is us trying to define, in understandable ways that we can all understand, what we are and what our situations are.

Words like closed loop, double closed loop, triadic and open all come to mind. Now some of them are a little complex, but then the situations are a little complex, but don't need to sound all that complex.

OcalaCouple683
Jan 8, 2008, 7:40 PM
From my experience with boards- not just bisexual- when you make every thing into different categories/forum links- everything except "general chat" doesn't get much traffic or post views. :rolleyes:

Skater Boy
Jan 8, 2008, 7:40 PM
I agree with Falcon in a way... no sense in over-complicating what doesn't need to be so, and may even potentially alienate some people.

But prosperos is right that a few extra catagories would be a useful addition to this forum. At least to seperate off-topic, on-topic, etc.

I sent Drew a message when I first joined to tell him something similiar, but he never responded.

proseros
Jan 8, 2008, 7:56 PM
I do apologize. I realize my theatric folly can be testing.

"Let's just make it simple to say AND understand. The more complex labels we give ourselves and our situations, the more complex and confusing it is to those that want to shut us back up in the closet or just discount us and the easier it is for others to denigrate us."

heehee... I don't see how "they" will not go on doing whatever "they" have been doing besides, but I understand your point (and frustration). Whether it is delivery or dissemination that is the annoyance; but then, I am only creating perspective and nothing simpler than a smooth unchisled stone is true.

"WHAT! And who indeed this is this divining scoundrel, dare pronounce publicly in my court!?"

"Oh, never mind him Sire; for there appear at times men who in their lofty pronouncments have said as much as nothing."

void()
Jan 8, 2008, 8:51 PM
Let us eschew theatrics and dramatics for a brief respite. Thanks. Often there is not much to say because much is obvious.

However, there comes times when someone need step forward with a glimmering bit of Truth. Usually, this happens when the river becomes clouded from the tears brought with pain. We need not resort to flooding, now.

Let it be proposed and understood clearly, there is no us or them, merely there is just us. We are apart but together as one family. We are human beings, animals of nature for all our boasting otherwise. And simplicity does follow a natural logic. Call it the Divine Will, Providence, The Way or what you may it resides in all living beings. And as it so resides, it reflects itself in its simplicity.

Some of us in our family prefer the company of both genders. Nature does allow for such preference. As an example you may choose to observe cats and dogs, they often practice bisexuality and or homosexuality. Even pigs who are alleged to be one of the most intellectual animals practice such. If memory and reading comprehension serve well enough, dolphins do as well.

Apparently our desire to name things, places, people leads to great atrocities. So, why bother perpetuation of that concept? Let us remain pure and simple, for we are a family. Yes families do quibble at times, but as the smoke clears you see them as a whole unified being. If it has been missed, I suggest with a bit of conviction that our forums here remain without further labeling.

We might stand for a bit of moderation, but this is another conceptual horse of a different color.

pasco_lol_cpl
Jan 8, 2008, 8:55 PM
Id have to agree with Falcon...I fail the need to obfuscate (and thats the big word Im gonna use today) the proposed forum names (and I agree it would be great if we had them) with what amounts to double speak / code speak. Look just follow the KISS principle. So call em and organize them like this:

Lounge = That works as it

Geometry = Rename it into 'Relationship Central'. This is where all relationship questions and advice can go be they be about bisexuality, polyamory, cultural issues, etc..

HHF (Health Hygiene and Fitness) = why not just spell it out. Dont make it restrictive to bi / pansexuality health issues.

Binance(Business and Finance) = Call it 'The Think Tank'. This would be the place to discuss matters of a serious nature such as business, finance, philosophy, religion, and ethics.

Culture and Contrast = Roll it into 'Relationship Central'

Bioetry and Biaku = Put it in the lounge

Philosophy, Religon and Ethics = Put it in 'The Think Tank'

Arts and Entertainment = A good forum where folks can display their art or discuss events in pop culture. But no XXX stuff. Not for prudish reasons bur for legal ones. That can open up all sorts of headaches for the board owners. I know that we as individual posters have some X rated material, but in that case the poster owns those images, not the board op.

Bi Libre:Put it in 'The Tink Tank' forum as well

Now Id put in some sort of meet up or travel forum as well.

In my example I reduced the numbers of forums for good reason. Traffic on this board, while healthy, is not the greatest. You do not want to spread things out so much that the over all board becomes diluted. Heck, even my suggested matrix may be too big with the community size that we have.

proseros
Jan 8, 2008, 10:00 PM
I appreciate the perspectives and input here. The latest points I had only suddenly realised myself following FalconAngel's reply; as it is, already in minority(?), without thinning the paint further. But I would also argue for the anonymity that has not been able to find a "home within the house", may desire a need for more court to play ball in. I am fine, but then, I know how and where to play. Suffer the poor wall-flowers. I love and welcome them too. I still accept that presentation-Yeh, a bit grandiose. Again it is just my folly,a quirk I hope, while being so, is still forgivable.

pasco_lol_cpl
Jan 9, 2008, 12:48 AM
-Yeh, a bit grandiose. Again it is just my folly,a quirk I hope, while being so, is still forgivable.
Indeed. While I enjoy reading prose such as yours from time to time the question you need to ask is "But yeah, how will it play in Peoria"

FerociousFeline
Jan 9, 2008, 1:21 AM
Amazing.

Such poe-etic diversity and color!~

You people are really talented. I sure hope you are blogging and sharing it with the world.

The way I have acclimated to this situation is as simple as I could get. I am somewhat challenged by the need to constantly scroll back in the main chat room (the java won't let me go at my own pace) but other than that, I actually find I prefer a single chatroom. Having a single room allows the energy OF that room to remain ALIVE. As new people enter for the first time in the course of a day they bring with them the energy OF their day. The dynamics and terrifically varied topic that frequent the main room are part of it's charm.

I generally like to keep a toe in the main room but I suppliment it with the use of one of the msgrs. Specific topics or privacy from the main room are handled through windows live msgr or yahoo msgr or aim. This allows much more flexibility for me and doesn't add so much work for my computer to do when it comes to keeping up with the java.

I see where proseros was going though. I believe he was attempting to set up area's of discussion to reflect his previous statements of being desirous of a more (w)holistic approach to bisexual interactivity. I think that is a great idea, and one that will certainly happen over time as the numbers of live chatters increases. But overall, the chatroom never seems to go beyond a certain number of people attending and unfortunately it's one of those things where enough people have to remain in separate rooms on a consistant basis to stabilize and lock down the diversity of rooms. Otherwise people always wind up going where the crowd is.

My suggestion is this. Make a statement in the main room when you want to talk about something specific and do a one time solicitation for the group to move to another room to explore that topic.

:2cents:

FF

Bluebiyou
Jan 9, 2008, 9:40 AM
:tongue:
Putting way to much thought into it, boys and girls!!!!
I think forum should be as messy and chaotic as life (or sex). If you want to read a topic, read it, if you don't, skip it.
This all-for-one approach lends itself to our (are you ready for this?)
panexistential lives in a way very similar to the Victorian concept of a well-rounded education.
Surely, those of us who have settled for ourselves the frequent topics: "Am I bisexual", "What is bisexual", "Cock or pussy preference", etc. don't need to click on that forum topic. (Nancy Reagan - Just say no). But that doesn't change their importance in bisexual community.
Kicking and screaming, we drag our community forward - with this web site.
Hey, I'm hot! You wanna C2C?!?
LOL, or maybe not!

softfruit
Jan 9, 2008, 2:38 PM
Sadly, no matter how well you set up the categories, there are always people who refuse to pay them the slightest heed; post personal ads all over the support section or what have you. There's probably more than enough spammers to moderate for Drew on here as it is, without also needing to kickban people / tidy up their tramplings all over the place in a more ordered forum space.

DeleteAccount1234
Jan 9, 2008, 3:21 PM
I agree, categories, while a good idea, isn't going to work as planned.

All the boards Ive been on when theres categories, only a couple were very popluar while the rest hardly got looked at.
In the popluar areas mods would be like "please post in the CORRECT category!!" or "this post has been moved to "category"" and that post was never replied to.

A lot of times people don't want to go through ALL the categories and will just pick favorties and stick to that. Ignoring the other categories.

Sometimes boards with too many categories discourage the person from posting anything cause what if they have a topic but it falls into TWO of the categories?? it gets fusterating cause they don't know where to post.... this will make the poster just go somewhere else or just read only.

pasco_lol_cpl
Jan 9, 2008, 5:10 PM
Sadly, no matter how well you set up the categories, there are always people who refuse to pay them the slightest heed; post personal ads all over the support section or what have you. There's probably more than enough spammers to moderate for Drew on here as it is, without also needing to kickban people / tidy up their tramplings all over the place in a more ordered forum space.
Thats always a problem. Thats why the board op / owner would have to put moderators in place. Say one or two mods per forum geographically distant to ensure the best coverage.

I agree, categories, while a good idea, isn't going to work as planned.

All the boards Ive been on when theres categories, only a couple were very popluar while the rest hardly got looked at.
In the popluar areas mods would be like "please post in the CORRECT category!!" or "this post has been moved to "category"" and that post was never replied to.

A lot of times people don't want to go through ALL the categories and will just pick favorties and stick to that. Ignoring the other categories.

Sometimes boards with too many categories discourage the person from posting anything cause what if they have a topic but it falls into TWO of the categories?? it gets fusterating cause they don't know where to post.... this will make the poster just go somewhere else or just read only.
Exactly. Thats why in my scenario I just proposed a handful of all encompassing ones. That way you're most likely to spread the traffic around and keep thing lively. But keep in mind even the most popular boards have dead zones that cater to only a handful of folks.

FWIW, Im not trying to advocate for or against forums persay. It's just that this topic came up and I thought Id throw my two cents in there.