PDA

View Full Version : Starting the New Year

jedinudist
Jan 1, 2008, 4:35 PM
In the past year, there has been much bad in the world, and much good. Unfortunately, it seems like all we hear about are the things that are bad.

War. Disaster. Loss. Hate.

All over the world, countless people have suffered from these and more. My heart goes out to them and to their loved ones.

2007 also saw incredible good.

Love. Hope. Compassion. Charity. Sacrifice.

Often, we do not get to hear about these. The day to day kindnesses that everyday people show their fellow people.

Letting that car into their lane in front of them. Holding the door for a perfect stranger who doesn't look like they need someone to hold the door for them. Returning what was lost instead of keeping it. Donating their time and money anonymously to help those less fortunate than themselves. Showing kindness in the face of anger. Granting forgiveness where it is not deserved.

Lending that precious hand to pull up their fellow people who just need that chance, that little bit of help, instead of holding to the popular "I've got mine" attitude.

They do it without hope of reward or recognition. They do it because it is the right thing to do, because every single act of good brings just a little more light into this world. Just a little bit more...

As my wife and I shared our New Year's Kiss at midnight, these passed through my mind. How incredibly fortunate I am to be loved by such a wonderul person as my wife. How wonderful my life, with all it's stress, bills, and problems really is.

I have hope. Hope for us all. There is much darkness is this world, but there is also much light. That incredible spark of Love and Kindness that lives within each one of us.

So for the new year, my hope is that each of us will stand in the face of the darkness and bring a little more light into the world. Just a little bit more...

We all wish each other a Happy New Year... It's tradition. I wish you a Happy New Year, and more. I wish you Happiness, Good Health, Love, Peace, and Prosperity.

I chose a particular song to be the first one I heard as 2007 became 2008.

I leave you with the words from that song, written by one of the greatest poets of our time. It is my wish for the world, and for all of us.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Imagine. By John Lennon

We are all one people. We are all one world.

ambi53mm
Jan 1, 2008, 7:27 PM
They've always been great words to live by...and everyday presents a new opportunity and a challenge to do so. Thanks for saying what needs to be said. We wish you and your wife Safe Journey.

Ambi:)

fffff
Jan 1, 2008, 9:51 PM
I think during 2007 I obsessed myself with all kinds of worries... I watched the movie Zeitgeist, which really got the ball rolling towards being paranoid about all kinds of evils in the world that I had not known about before.

But at the same time, I noticed that my paranoia and sensitivity towards the bad in this world was pushing my loved ones away, and by the end of the year, I could not go on, and I realized the true meaning of love and peace. I stopped caring so much about GMOs and RFID and just tried to unwind and love everything instead of fear.

I hope to continue into 2008 with this renewed positivity!

NWMtnHawk
Jan 2, 2008, 7:21 PM
jedinudist, ambi53mm,
By far and away the single most pleasant thread, (and then first reply), I've read in some time! I thank you for that.

fff,
Right on brother, great attitude adjustment! I can't help but think your loved ones noticed and liked the adjustment.

jem_is_bi
Jan 2, 2008, 9:28 PM
For all the years I have been alive the world has been on the brink of one disaster or another.
For all the years of my life, I have come to expect occasional threats to my health and existence as a routine part of life.
So far, I have avoided total disaster and just barely avoided death.
So what can I say but HAPPY NEW YEAR and may you be as lucky, healthy and happy as me.

JEM